NVIDIA announces Personal Cinema

It looks like NVIDIA has been targeting ATI left and right recently, and now they are at it again. At the Intel Developers Conference, NVIDIA announced it's Personal Cinema providing for DVD, DVR, and live TV viewing. From what I can make out on Gzeasy, there should be video input/output, and TV viewing. WinDVR can be used to record TV or for capturing video from other sources. It seems that the kit includes the TV/VIVO unit, a remote, and a VIVO unit that will plug into many NVIDIA graphics cards. Sorry I can't be more specific but the site is in chinese, and at the moment the NVIDIA site is down or not working for me. I will update this with more information when it becomes available. For now you can check outg some pics of the unit over on Gzeasy. This is obviously an attempt by NVIDIA to steal ATI's market share that they have with their All-In-Wonder products. It will be interesting to see how their product turns out. There is

more info up on NVIDIA's site now. Along with a press release towards the bottom of the page. It looks like there indeed will be both video out and video in, allowing for capturing and editing of home movies as well as TV capturing. They talk about having superior DVD performance, but unless that is provided by the addon then it shouldn't be any different except that this unit features a remote control unit for DVD's.