[Official] Share your virtual identity

sanctified

The point of this thread is for members to list all their profiles in social networks along with personal websites, blogs, tumblr, online profiles (like about.me), etc.

This way we can know each other better and create a network of interests that don't necessarily revolve around tech.

Rules:

1.- No sites with obscene or macabre imagery.

2.- No sites with illegal software.

3.- If posting a blog or tumblr, please, include a line telling us what is about.

4.- Have fun.

sanctified

And since I started this thread it's only fair I collaborate:

My tumblr: In praise of silence (In english)

A personal project where I post a series of notes for my next book. A praise of silence it's a minimalistic blog about spartan communication, simple lifestyle, criticism against small talk and noise, etc.

My twitter: @luisfmercado (Mainly in english)

My facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/posmodernismo (In spanish)

• Like 1
Brandon H

yep, everything's in my sig as well

Flae_qui

my about.me is in my sig

FiB3R

http://about.me/DARKFiB3R

Don't get around much, do you, sanctified? :p Though I suppose focus is not something I possess :/

sanctified

Don't get around much, do you, sanctified?

What does that mean? :huh:

Calum

Thread pinned

This will now be the one thread for members to post their links to everywhere, so if you've posted in a previous thread that has since been forgotten about (e.g. a thread for tumblelogs or Google+ profiles), it will probably be best to post again in here, along with your other links. None of those threads will be merged into this one, as I feel it's best to start a fresh with this. As this thread is pinned, there should be no need for any more of these threads or any threads for links to separate services (e.g. a specific thread for Facebook profiles).

Thanks for putting this together, sanctified (Y)

By the way, I'll be posting links to my Facebook profile, Twitter, and other services at some point in the future, so look out for those :p, and feel free to follow/interact with the content on any of them (you should especially consider subscribing to my public posts on Facebook, and/or getting involved with commenting/liking, as that's the service I use the most; I prefer it to Twitter).

Singh400

Just google Singh400. It's me. Althought that dude on the 360 forums is an imposter. I don't have a 360!

Duffydemon

Facebook

That's it, i don't have any console or twitter account, I have YouTube account but no videos.

FiB3R
What does that mean? :huh:

Thought it was pretty obvious. Just thought you might have had more than three "virtual identity's" to share with us.

Didn't mean it as a personal insult, if that's what you're thinking.

• Like 1
sanctified

Thought it was pretty obvious. Just thought you might have had more than three "virtual identity's" to share with us.

Didn't mean it as a personal insult, if that's what you're thinking.

No no, I was just confused :p

Yeah Im not a fan of having and mantaining accounts in every service.

Thanks for the pin Callum.

remixedcat

facebook.com/remixedcat

@remixedcat

remixedcat.blogspot

Discogs profile

I'm on a ton of other forums as well

FiB3R

No no, I was just confused :p

Yeah Im not a fan of having and mantaining accounts in every service.

Thanks for the pin Callum.

I'm a nightmare for it, got accounts all over the place, and the result is they all end up neglected :( lol

I wont ever close them though. I doubt they will be there in 10 years, but it will be fun to go back and look at the crap I used to get up to.

• Like 1
Richard C.

my website and social contacts are all in my sig.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
TakeNothingBack
http://enscri.be - A place where I vent anything that's on my mind at the moment, whether it's about myself, others or the world in general.
Richard C.

All in my sig!

• 1 month later...
Ambroos

If there's an Ambroos or AmbroosV on a website it's pretty much always me :p

http://fb.me/Ambroos

http://twitter.com/AmbroosV

http://last.fm/Ambroos

http://linkedin.com/in/Ambroos

http://gplus.to/Ambroos

Pretty convenient to have a first name pretty much nobody else has. Yes, it really, really is my first name.

• Like 1
Alwaysonacoffebreak

http://www.facebook.com/kardo.kaul

That's more or less the only social site I still use. I've tried to kill everything else but something's still probably there, lurking around :D

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Facebook is testing ads inside its Oculus Quest headset
      by Jay Bonggolto

Facebook announced today that it is testing in-headset ads in its Oculus Quest virtual reality platform over the next few weeks. The company will kick off the test with Resolution Games' Blaston along with other developers.

The move marks the first time ads will show up inside the Oculus VR system. Facebook aims for the test to gather feedback from developers and the community. In the future, the company plans to expand ads across the entire Oculus platform and its mobile app after incorporating input from the early testers. You will have the option to open an ad or save the link for later.

Facebook will also provide guidance to businesses and developers in terms of putting ads on Oculus. As usual, you'll have the option to hide specific ads or companies from showing up in ads and there will be no changes to how the firm collects and processes user information. Facebook vowed to keep sensitive data including raw images from Oculus sensors and weight or height data from Oculus Move on-device. The company also promised that it won't use movement data, voice interactions, nor the content of your conversations to target ads.

Of course, developers will receive their share from ad revenues that appear in their apps, although it isn't clear how much they're getting. While the in-headset ads are still in early testing, Facebook revealed that it's "exploring new ad formats that are unique to VR."

• By hellowalkman
      Facebook to make jobs of group admins easier with a bunch of new tools
      by Sayan Sen

Admins and moderators on any online forum have a hard time managing their respective communities and Facebook groups are no different. So, in order to make the work of admins easier, the social media giant today is introducing several new tools that'll assist in the management of such groups.

First up is Admin Home, which is a new simplified interface for admins to help monitor and manage the groups.

Here's what Facebook says it will allow you to do:

Keeping an eye on every comment or post in a group is difficult for moderators or admins, especially in a group that is a large one. Now, a feature to help with comment moderation is coming to the Admin Home panel. It will allow an admin to set specific criteria for automatic moderation of posts and comments based on the several criteria options available. It will also help defend against spam and restrict promotional material.

The attached video walks you through the available options.

AI will also be lending its hand to assist admins to alert them about potential squabbles when it detects anything of that nature. The feature, still being tested, is called "Conflict Alerts". This will allow admins to take action against such activities swiftly.

Another new feature called "member summary" is also being introduced. The feature is pretty self-explanatory from the name itself and will allow admins to check data related to their post history and such for specific members in a group.

There are more features still like appealing directly to Facebook in case admins want some content to be directly reviewed by Facebook itself. These features are gradually rolling out to everyone and should be available to users across desktop and mobile. You can read more about it here.

• By subir
      Twitter loses its intermediary status in India, can be sued for unlawful content
      by Subir Kathuria

Twitter is no longer classified as an intermediary in India and will now be treated as a publisher due to its non-compliance with the new Information Technology Rules which came into force on May 26. The laws required the appointment of statutory officers by all social media companies, which Twitter failed to do so even after multiple opportunities from the government. Due to this change, Twitter and its officials have lost their immunity and safety net and will now be liable for the actions of users on its platform.

Government officials say they have not received any information about the appointment of a Chief Compliance Officer from the company. Twitter on its part says it has appointed an interim Chief Compliance Officer in India but has not yet shared the details with the IT ministry which it plans to do soon. The government has also taken notice of Twitter not publishing the name of its CCO on its website. Although none of the social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube, have this published with only the names of its grievance officers available in the public domain.

Several journalists, political leaders, and Twitter have already been named in a First Information Report (FIR) on June 15th after an elderly Muslim was reportedly beaten up on June 5th in a town in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad, and the video of the abuse went viral on Twitter.

Section 79 of the IT Act in India protects companies like Twitter from any repercussions from the actions of its users on its platform by classifying them as an "intermediary" instead of a publisher. For the users, Twitter losing this legal protection will have no effect. However the Internet Freedom Foundation (IFF) says that the "intermediary" status is not something that has been granted by the Government of India, but it's inbuilt protection given by the law, and as such, the government cannot make the change in distinction.

Twitter and the Government of India have not been seeing eye to eye for some time now. The government, on several occasions, forced Twitter to take down certain tweets including those criticizing the government's COVID-19 response. The government even sent a team from Delhi Police's Special Cell to raid and search at Twitter India's office in Delhi/NCR, which was later called a routine inspection. Twitter in its retaliation removed the blue tick from the handle of Vice Presidents of India's account, which it later restored.

Source: Ravi Prasad (IT Minister, India) via HindustanTimes

• By hellowalkman
      Google, Amazon, and more, to be sued over the "world's biggest data breach"
      by Sayan Sen

Online protection of our private data is always a hot topic in today's world that revolves around the internet. Big tech companies often face the brunt of regulators and such due to the amount of data they collect and manage. In the latest development related to this, a Senior Fellow at the Irish Council for Civil Liberties (ICCL), Dr. Johnny Ryan, has decided to file a lawsuit against the IAB Tech Lab. The lawsuit is being filed in a Hamburg District Court against what the ICCL believes is the "world's biggest data breach".

IAB Tech Lab is a consortium comprising of some of the biggest tech firms, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc., and it's responsible for providing the technical standards based on which the online digital ad space operates.

In the digital ads marketplace, ads are placed on various websites using a method called Real-time bidding (RTB). RTB is the process in which digital advertising inventory is bought and sold in real-time. In its lawsuit, the ICCL has pointed out that the use of RTB greatly violates the user privacy of millions since so much personal data is being shared across vast networks.

Here's what Dr. Johnny Ryan has said about the matter:

A list of the biggest nine names that broadcast the highest amount of RTBs has been provided by ICCL. It contains the names of some usual suspects.

For more details about the matter, you can visit ICCL's official webpage.

This isn't the first time a lawsuit related to RTB has been filed as Google was recently slapped with a €220 million (~$268 million) fine by a French investigation body that the company agreed to settle with.

Source and images: ICCL

• By Usama Jawad96
      Twitter gets a new Arabic language setting to cater to feminine forms of words
      by Usama Jawad

Twitter has been consistently testing and adding new features to its service in the past few months including a premium Blue subscription, Spaces on the web, a Revue newsletter signup button (subscribe to Neowin's newsletter here!) on profiles, and more. Now, it has announced that it is adding a new Arabic language setting to support feminine forms.

Twitter says that several languages support both masculine and feminine forms of words including Arabic, so in order to cater to the latter as well, it is adding a new "Arabic (Feminine)" language on its platforms. People who opt for this setting will be addressed in the feminine form of Arabic words, with examples being "Tweet", which will change from غرّد (masculine) to غرّدي (feminine), and "Explore", which will change from إستكشف (masculine) to إستكشفي (feminine).

Twitter believes that this will make its platform more inclusive, especially for people who speak Arabic. To that end, it has also launched a campaign called "#FeminineArabic أتحدث_بالمؤنث#" which triggers a new emoji on use as well. The company went on to say that:

Currently, this language setting can be enabled from Settings and privacy > Accessibility, display, and languages > Languages on the web. The firm plans to roll out support on its Android and iOS apps soon as well.