[Official] Share your virtual identity

Royalty

Yeah yeah yeah check my sig. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
.jCliff

My website is in my sig, includes a horrid picture of myself in my about page!

• 2 months later...
TheGhostWalker

If there's an Ambroos or AmbroosV on a website it's pretty much always me :p

http://fb.me/Ambroos

http://twitter.com/AmbroosV

http://last.fm/Ambroos

http://linkedin.com/in/Ambroos

http://gplus.to/Ambroos

Pretty convenient to have a first name pretty much nobody else has. Yes, it really, really is my first name.

Aaah, at least ONE fellow country-member :p.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sebastiaan-provost/54/372/317

http://fb.me/TheSoleWanderer

http://twitter.com/Stekkz

• 3 months later...
cacoe

My website is in my sig, includes a horrid picture of myself in my about page!

Oh my god you were right  :o

• 5 months later...
Allan

Uh ... well erm ... facebook.com/iamallan, youtube.com/iamallan2 (or AllansBibleVerses), Star Trek Online I'm @clintonseaforth ... on steam I'm "I am Allan"

• 2 weeks later...
FiB3R

Didn't mean it as a personal insult, if that's what you're thinking.

hu6g.jpg

I see you... :ninja:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
+Zagadka

I generally use a false name for all internet things. Which works out nicely, since I freaking hate my given name

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hellowalkman
      Facebook to make jobs of group admins easier with a bunch of new tools
      by Sayan Sen

Admins and moderators on any online forum have a hard time managing their respective communities and Facebook groups are no different. So, in order to make the work of admins easier, the social media giant today is introducing several new tools that'll assist in the management of such groups.

First up is Admin Home, which is a new simplified interface for admins to help monitor and manage the groups.

Here's what Facebook says it will allow you to do:

Keeping an eye on every comment or post in a group is difficult for moderators or admins, especially in a group that is a large one. Now, a feature to help with comment moderation is coming to the Admin Home panel. It will allow an admin to set specific criteria for automatic moderation of posts and comments based on the several criteria options available. It will also help defend against spam and restrict promotional material.

The attached video walks you through the available options.

AI will also be lending its hand to assist admins to alert them about potential squabbles when it detects anything of that nature. The feature, still being tested, is called "Conflict Alerts". This will allow admins to take action against such activities swiftly.

Another new feature called "member summary" is also being introduced. The feature is pretty self-explanatory from the name itself and will allow admins to check data related to their post history and such for specific members in a group.

There are more features still like appealing directly to Facebook in case admins want some content to be directly reviewed by Facebook itself. These features are gradually rolling out to everyone and should be available to users across desktop and mobile. You can read more about it here.

• By subir
      Twitter loses its intermediary status in India, can be sued for unlawful content
      by Subir Kathuria

Twitter is no longer classified as an intermediary in India and will now be treated as a publisher due to its non-compliance with the new Information Technology Rules which came into force on May 26. The laws required the appointment of statutory officers by all social media companies, which Twitter failed to do so even after multiple opportunities from the government. Due to this change, Twitter and its officials have lost their immunity and safety net and will now be liable for the actions of users on its platform.

Government officials say they have not received any information about the appointment of a Chief Compliance Officer from the company. Twitter on its part says it has appointed an interim Chief Compliance Officer in India but has not yet shared the details with the IT ministry which it plans to do soon. The government has also taken notice of Twitter not publishing the name of its CCO on its website. Although none of the social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube, have this published with only the names of its grievance officers available in the public domain.

Several journalists, political leaders, and Twitter have already been named in a First Information Report (FIR) on June 15th after an elderly Muslim was reportedly beaten up on June 5th in a town in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad, and the video of the abuse went viral on Twitter.

Section 79 of the IT Act in India protects companies like Twitter from any repercussions from the actions of its users on its platform by classifying them as an "intermediary" instead of a publisher. For the users, Twitter losing this legal protection will have no effect. However the Internet Freedom Foundation (IFF) says that the "intermediary" status is not something that has been granted by the Government of India, but it's inbuilt protection given by the law, and as such, the government cannot make the change in distinction.

Twitter and the Government of India have not been seeing eye to eye for some time now. The government, on several occasions, forced Twitter to take down certain tweets including those criticizing the government's COVID-19 response. The government even sent a team from Delhi Police's Special Cell to raid and search at Twitter India's office in Delhi/NCR, which was later called a routine inspection. Twitter in its retaliation removed the blue tick from the handle of Vice Presidents of India's account, which it later restored.

Source: Ravi Prasad (IT Minister, India) via HindustanTimes

• By hellowalkman
      Google, Amazon, and more, to be sued over the "world's biggest data breach"
      by Sayan Sen

Online protection of our private data is always a hot topic in today's world that revolves around the internet. Big tech companies often face the brunt of regulators and such due to the amount of data they collect and manage. In the latest development related to this, a Senior Fellow at the Irish Council for Civil Liberties (ICCL), Dr. Johnny Ryan, has decided to file a lawsuit against the IAB Tech Lab. The lawsuit is being filed in a Hamburg District Court against what the ICCL believes is the "world's biggest data breach".

IAB Tech Lab is a consortium comprising of some of the biggest tech firms, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc., and it's responsible for providing the technical standards based on which the online digital ad space operates.

In the digital ads marketplace, ads are placed on various websites using a method called Real-time bidding (RTB). RTB is the process in which digital advertising inventory is bought and sold in real-time. In its lawsuit, the ICCL has pointed out that the use of RTB greatly violates the user privacy of millions since so much personal data is being shared across vast networks.

Here's what Dr. Johnny Ryan has said about the matter:

A list of the biggest nine names that broadcast the highest amount of RTBs has been provided by ICCL. It contains the names of some usual suspects.

For more details about the matter, you can visit ICCL's official webpage.

This isn't the first time a lawsuit related to RTB has been filed as Google was recently slapped with a €220 million (~$268 million) fine by a French investigation body that the company agreed to settle with.

Source and images: ICCL

• By Usama Jawad96
      Twitter gets a new Arabic language setting to cater to feminine forms of words
      by Usama Jawad

Twitter has been consistently testing and adding new features to its service in the past few months including a premium Blue subscription, Spaces on the web, a Revue newsletter signup button (subscribe to Neowin's newsletter here!) on profiles, and more. Now, it has announced that it is adding a new Arabic language setting to support feminine forms.

Twitter says that several languages support both masculine and feminine forms of words including Arabic, so in order to cater to the latter as well, it is adding a new "Arabic (Feminine)" language on its platforms. People who opt for this setting will be addressed in the feminine form of Arabic words, with examples being "Tweet", which will change from غرّد (masculine) to غرّدي (feminine), and "Explore", which will change from إستكشف (masculine) to إستكشفي (feminine).

Twitter believes that this will make its platform more inclusive, especially for people who speak Arabic. To that end, it has also launched a campaign called "#FeminineArabic أتحدث_بالمؤنث#" which triggers a new emoji on use as well. The company went on to say that:

Currently, this language setting can be enabled from Settings and privacy > Accessibility, display, and languages > Languages on the web. The firm plans to roll out support on its Android and iOS apps soon as well.

• By hellowalkman
      This Facebook AI can deepfake text style in an image even from a single example
      by Sayan Sen

Facebook today has launched TextStyleBrush research project, the company's new AI that can replicate and reproduce the text styles in an image. The model can even do so using just a single example source deepfake style. Not only image text styles, TextStyleBrush also works effectively on handwritings too. The technology is based on self-supervised learning which means that manual input required for the model is low making it generally fast.

The AI analyses the text aesthetic of the provided source image and then produces a different output text but with the same style. Below are some examples of text styles as well as handwritings:

As is often the case with AI rendered images, the outputs all seem to be somewhat blurrier in appearance compared to the source images but we can see that the technology, for the most part, seems to work quite well.

One of the purposes of publishing the TextStyleBrush research, says Facebook, is to utilize the available knowledge and research data to prevent the misuse of the technology in the future once it is more widely available. The company is well aware of situations that can arise due to the abuse and exploitation of such technologies when it ends up in wrong hands.

You can read more about TextStyleBrush in the official blog post here and if you are interested in its technical details, you can find them here.

Next stop, Faces?