Evolution Debate Soon Will Be History

Every time a discussion comes up that includes the word theory (pertaining to Scientific Theory) someone has to post or explain what the hell it actually means! That so many people just do not get it, is totally baffling. Most of these people do not know the difference between, there and their, your and yours (you are) so I suppose it should not surprise me, but dammit, it does!

So Professor- what are we supposed to think about the meaning? Please explain. I know the difference between the last part of your paragraph. Seems a little condescending though.

The Bible and the sciences go hand in hand do they not? There is proof when dealing with both sides. I believe that it's ultimately up to the individual on what you believe I suppose. This argument could go round and round (and it has). I just hope that we, as a race, will progress and just get along. Life is short. Enjoy it while you have the chance. Just my 2 cents.

No, they don't. The bible is full of scientific errors, google it.

So Professor- what are we supposed to think about the meaning? Please explain. I know the difference between the last part of your paragraph. Seems a little condescending though.

Well you couldn't have (known the difference) because I made a correction to the last part that you missed!! :laugh: :laugh:

Edit: How do you know I'm not a professor? :shifty:

No, they don't. The bible is full of scientific errors, google it.

Show me the errors. Google doesn't count. Anyone can "google" anything.

Show me the errors. Google doesn't count. Anyone can "google" anything.

Yeah, there's a very good reason for that. It's there to stop me needing to parrot information back to people who are too lazy to do their own research.

"Google it" is neither citing a reference not quoting an example. What it basically means is "I can't back my argument up, but if I say this and you question me on it, I can call you lazy".

"Google it" is neither citing a reference not quoting an example. What it basically means is "I can't back my argument up, but if I say this and you question me on it, I can call you lazy".

Actually, Google it means " I don't have the time to do something you can easily find yourself."

Have you ever heard of "Catch a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him to fish and he eats forever"? Basically, he's teaching you to fish. If you learn or not, well, that is all about you.

I can provide you with all the links I want, but that wont do you any good. You will click the link, and it will stop there. But, if I tell you to google it, you will most likely click a couple of links, thus taking in more information. I hope you understand this....

I honestly believe humans at some point or another mated with extraterrestrials. Too much Ancient Aliens maybe?

I wouldn't rule that scenario out.

I wondered when you were going to turn up to assassinate my character again. Slow evening, huh?

But seeing as I'm such an unpleasant guy I wouldn't be keeping with my character as one truly bad dude if I didn't prove you wrong and cite some examples. So here we are, have fun

Isaiah 40:22- It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And it's inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

Basic geometry fail

Bible says in Genesis Ch. No. 1 Verses No. 3 and 5,??Light was created on the first day.? Genesis, Ch., 1 Verses, 14 to 19? ?The cause of light - stars and the sun, etc. was created on the fourth day?. How can the cause of light be created on the 4th day - later than the light which came into existence on the first day? - It is unscientific.
Genesis, Ch. 1, Verses 9 to 13? ?Earth was created on the 3rd day

How can you have a night and day without the earth ? The day depends upon the rotation of the Earth Without the earth created, how can you have a night and day?

Genesis, Ch. No.1, Verse No. 11 to 13??The vegetation, the herbs the shrubs, the trees - they were created on the 3rd day And the Sun, Genesis, Ch. No. 1, Verses. 14 to 19, was created on the 4th day.

How can the vegetation come into existence without sunlight, and how can they survive without sunlight ?

God makes two lights: "the greater light [the sun] to rule the day, and the lesser light [the moon] to rule the night." But the moon is not a light, but only reflects light from the sun. And why, if God made the moon to "rule the night", does it spend half of its time moving through the daytime sky? 1:16
After making the animals, God has Adam name them all. The naming of several million species must have kept Adam busy for a while. 2:18-22
God fashions a woman out of one of Adam's ribs.

Because of this story, it was commonly believed (and sometimes it is still said today) that males have one less rib than females. When Vesalius showed in 1543 that the number of ribs was the same in males and females, it created a storm of controversy.2:19

Have I made my point yet?

Well, I guess that we'll always disagree to agree or vice versa.

If you wont have a opened mind, its probably best to not post about this anymore. We would all thank you.

Really? That's all you have?

You don't find it in the slightest bit odd that a supposedly omnipotent and omniscient deity can't even be logically consistent? Then Shakey is right, this is probably a waste of my time.

Rofl. People still debate this? You can't win. If someone doesn't believe in evolution it means nothing because whether they believe in it or not it's still there! Someone doesn't believe in the deity you do? So what? Them not believing in him/her/it/them doesn't change the fact that you do. Arguing about it is pointless. Stop wasting your time, all you're doing is killing your own brain cells. I once knew a guy that believed that dinosaur bones were just bones from various animals arranged in a way to scare off enemies by ancient shamans. You know what I did? Nothing! Because I live in the real world and I can't drop everything to argue with someone every time someone has a conflicting belief in life or conflicting viewpoint.

Rofl. People still debate this? You can't win. If someone doesn't believe in evolution it means nothing because whether they believe in it or not it's still there! Someone doesn't believe in the deity you do? So what? Them not believing in him/her/it/them doesn't change the fact that you do. Arguing about it is pointless. Stop wasting your time, all. you're doing is killing your own brain cells. I once knew a guy that believed that dinosaur bones were just bones from various animals arranged in a way to scare off enemies by ancient shamans. You know what I did? Nothing! Because I live in the real world and I can't drop everythi ng to argue with someone every time someone has. a conflicting belief in life or conflicting viewpoint.

unless you get to them when they are young. I didnt believe in evolution when I was little. I sure as hell do now.

And what about the "missing link" that no-one has addressed as of yet? We share a lot of genetic material with the "ape" species. Where is the missing DNA- where did it go?

The missing link is the 100 IQ points I assume all creationists are missing. I just can't fathom the lack of logic involved on their part. It has to be brainwashing of children that scrambles their brain wiring into the depths of absurdity. I just don't understand how such a large portion of the worlds population can be so daft.

The need for debate here both confuses and saddens me greatly