Going to buy a Mac Book Pro

So did you end up picking it up?

No, not yet. Tomorrow, most likely.

So did you get your Mac? If so, how do you like it so far? They are fun!!!

If you want to turn off all animations to make it even snappier, let me know. I'll send you the link to the instructions. It's super easy.

They didn't have it in stock, so I ordered online.. should be arriving in the second week of August

because it's not often you find a college require something so expensive and not cover it in the student loan (or is it covered?)

You can buy a computer with a subsidized student loan.

Considering the corse I'm not really surprised you are being required to have a particular computer with particular software. That being said, most state schools have computer labs where students who don't have computers can go and do the homework assignments and that has been a standard fow awhile. At least for state schools, that is how it generally works...

What school do you go to, if you don't mind me asking?

Yo Razor, which model did you order and if you have less than 8GB of ram want my 8GB kit as I'm gonna order a 16GB kit for my MBP?

Yo Razor, which model did you order and if you have less than 8GB of ram want my 8GB kit as I'm gonna order a 16GB kit for my MBP?

I ordered the standard MBPR. lol. Don't have enough money for the 16GB of ram.

yikes you made a mistake getting the first gen MBPR ... >.>

And as a rule of thumb, you never get the upgrades through Apple unless you like being overcharged for RAM and HDD's

ummm I didn't get any upgrades.. just the base mac book pro. I'm fine with it as my only mac. It's the best version out there so far and I believe I can go through my two years using it.

yikes you made a mistake getting the first gen MBPR ... >.>

And as a rule of thumb, you never get the upgrades through Apple unless you like being overcharged for RAM and HDD's

What's the mistake? And you can't with the MBPR - it's all soldered on.

I am considering purchasing a Mac next year, but I want to get the best bang for my buck. Because of stories I have heard about logic board failure with the MBP's, I am going to go for the desktop iMac. Also I want to be able to do some degree of upgrade if something goes wrong like a hard disk failure (although I understand the difficulty required opening the AIO - I am game). Also, I like the larger screen of the 27 inch. Other factors include, I will be upgrading the base ram from 4 to 12 if Apple doesn't move to 8 GB standard by next year. I am also waiting on Haswell architecture. Apple is not getting US 1,699 from me that easy.

I am considering purchasing a Mac next year, but I want to get the best bang for my buck. Because of stories I have heard about logic board failure with the MBP's, I am going to go for the desktop iMac. Also I want to be able to do some degree of upgrade if something goes wrong like a hard disk failure (although I understand the difficulty required opening the AIO - I am game). Also, I like the larger screen of the 27 inch. Other factors include, I will be upgrading the base ram from 4 to 12 if Apple doesn't move to 8 GB standard by next year. I am also waiting on Haswell architecture. Apple is not getting US 1,699 from me that easy.

Which is a load of crap - if you're going to troll please put some effort into it; maybe a nice story about how your aunty died and left you a litter of kittens that you sold so you could buy a laptop or maybe how you won the lotto but decided to donate half to charity with the other half on a new computer.

Which is a load of crap - if you're going to troll please put some effort into it; maybe a nice story about how your aunty died and left you a litter of kittens that you sold so you could buy a laptop or maybe how you won the lotto but decided to donate half to charity with the other half on a new computer.

Did you have to come across as such an idiot/AH? Please, continue making an idiot of yourself, you are off to a great start with a alias like yours. I need to speak to Neobond about getting JA's like you off the forum, sickening!

ok? cool? lol. Not sure if you want me to respond or something?

I love my Retina Macbook Pro. Got 16gb Ram, 2.6ghz, 512gb SSD version. Just cannot believe the quality of it in every respect. None of the 'lag' others are moaning about. Blisteringly fast, beautiful display, light as hell ... amazing :) My girlfriend is happy because I gave her my late 2011 2.4ghz i7 Quad Core, 8gb Ram, 240gb SSD model :)

I love my Retina Macbook Pro. Got 16gb Ram, 2.6ghz, 512gb SSD version. Just cannot believe the quality of it in every respect. None of the 'lag' others are moaning about. Blisteringly fast, beautiful display, light as hell ... amazing :) My girlfriend is happy because I gave her my late 2011 2.4ghz i7 Quad Core, 8gb Ram, 240gb SSD model :)

good to hear. Mine should be arriving................ shortly. :D Only the base model though, but it should be fine for the possible video editing and photoshop stuff

good to hear. Mine should be arriving................ shortly. :D Only the base model though, but it should be fine for the possible video editing and photoshop stuff

I can tell ya, it's amazing and most people bitching about the 'issues' are trolling. It's a shame some people have had the odd issue here and there. Generally after millions of units, they're doing real well :) And btw, it's BRUTALLY fast! :)

I can tell ya, it's amazing and most people bitching about the 'issues' are trolling. It's a shame some people have had the odd issue here and there. Generally after millions of units, they're doing real well :) And btw, it's BRUTALLY fast! :)

Yeah I'm hearing a lot of complaints about lag, ghosting .. and the rare case of hardware issues. Most are just trolling. Sometimes it's just freaks me out to see the hardware problems. Like the screen is flickering, sometimes there's backlight bleeding.. I dunno. kinda really turns people off to buy it with so many problems. But then of course if you don't have any problems you won't post anything.. there's no reason to.

Yeah I'm hearing a lot of complaints about lag, ghosting .. and the rare case of hardware issues. Most are just trolling. Sometimes it's just freaks me out to see the hardware problems. Like the screen is flickering, sometimes there's backlight bleeding.. I dunno. kinda really turns people off to buy it with so many problems. But then of course if you don't have any problems you won't post anything.. there's no reason to.

I think like this ...

sure. Some people have issues. Happens with everything. I have had to replace most of my hardware at some point. But I know it's just unfortunate and that's life.

The sheer volume of these things being shipped makes it likely the odd few will slip through. But the vast majority are fine. If these issues arise, Apple will replace them in store immediately anyway. I've been damn unlucky with hardware and Apple have replaced everything I've ever come in about there and then in store.

Well you're just lucky your Apple retailer has stock. lol. When I went to mine, they were totally out. Speaking of really unlucky people.. there's a guy who has gone through his 3rd MBPR replacement. Yeah, he's gone through 3 of them. Just incredible luck there. Truth or not, here's the link. http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1419981

Don't get me wrong ... I'm on my third thunderbolt display, 2nd iPad 3, 3rd iPhone4 ...

Quality control can sometimes suck ass ... but the vast majority are fine. So far so good for me anyway :D LOL!

Don't get me wrong ... I'm on my third thunderbolt display, 2nd iPad 3, 3rd iPhone4 ...

Quality control can sometimes suck ass ... but the vast majority are fine. So far so good for me anyway :D LOL!

geez, I must be really lucky then, i bought an iPod Touch 4g shortly after they came out and it still works fine, and I've had my MBP for a little over a year, I had to have the logic board replaced a couple months ago (just within my warranty mine you :D) because the graphics card crapped out, but besides that i haven't had any trouble aside from the slightly buggy video driver in windows

geez, I must be really lucky then, i bought an iPod Touch 4g shortly after they came out and it still works fine, and I've had my MBP for a little over a year, I had to have the logic board replaced a couple months ago (just within my warranty mine you :D) because the graphics card crapped out, but besides that i haven't had any trouble aside from the slightly buggy video driver in windows

Thing is ... I AM unlucky. This is just the Apple hardware. I've been through millions of Nvidia cards, monitors, hard drives and all kinds of other stuff from all kinds of other companies. So yeah ... this is purely ME... I'm jinxed :D LOL!

I still buy Apple hardware and will continue to do so because aside from my horrible luck, I've had nothing but enjoyment from the products I own and have owned. And I know lots of other Apple owners who have had zero issues. So yeah ... it's me. Don't EVER let me walk NEAR a product you own :D

• Like 2

Well my MBPR just came in. Using it right now :D Really surprised it came with ML lol. Also, do you guys know if Macs can read NTFS External Harddrives? I have a 1TB External HDD I want to plugin to my mac.. to watch movies and stuff.