What amaze me is...

Ok I realize a lot of the stories are fake, but what about those that most people actually think is real?

If we think it's fake, fine, CNN/ don't have to run these, but some such as the Baltic Sea UFO one, why the hell do major news sites and others ignore it? These researcher went for a dive last week (Not immediately like last year but whatever) they said they will tell us what's down there, but they have not beeped a word!

Is this story fake as well? I can't understand it!

You know, if there is a good reason that mysteries left unsolved if cuz WE LET IT! We don't hassle the news outlets to make sure they cover these news that we are interested about!

I am right, think about it.

You still don't get it, overwhelmingly majority of these stories are fake or turn out to be overly sensationalized in attempt to get attention when clearly for most part it's truly nothing. As pointed out the Baltic Sea one was originally reported but given that no real info has yet to come of it, it can't sustain the attention of the media. Short of a major world event, the media rarely stays on a subject for long and clearly wont when there is such a lack of info as in the case of the Baltic Sea story.

As you also pointed out and failed to grasp, the media isn't the one not reporting about the Baltic Sea story atm, it's the people claiming to do the research that said there would be info this week but have yet to report anything. That in no way is the MSMs fault. On top of all this, the ONLY evidence of anything at this point is a simple sonar image, which sonar experts have said don't offer the best images in cases like this.

So if you play the odds, then the odds say this isn't much to this story. Just because a mystery might be unsolved, dosn't in anyway mean there was something there to begin with. Most so called mysteries left unsolved is because there is nothing left to figure out, the evidence just isn't there, or the so called researchers doing the search left it. Again none of this has to do with the media. The media isn't the one going out hunting for big foot or searching the Baltic Sea so stop trying to put the responsibility on them.

So no, in the end you are not right. It's a bit silly to tell others to think about it, when you clearly are limiting your thinking to a tiny aspect of a bigger picture.

because there are more important matters rather than chase ghost, goblins and little green men?

oh please, news takes anything they can sensationalize and turns it into a story... thats why every month another metior is going to hit us or some stange lights where seen above an air force base...

We?

The proverbial..

As a side note, there ought be a rule against posting drunk, high or retarded. I know this would wipe out a pretty serious chunk of our user base, but damn :\

As a side note, there ought be a rule against posting drunk, high or retarded. I know this would wipe out a pretty serious chunk of our user base, but damn :\

Hear, hear. :D

^ Truth is accepted fiction. ;)

Or, you know, something that has evidence backing it up. Anyone can have their own truths, no one can have their own facts.

-------------

Anyone can make outrageous claims. Do you expect news outlets to spend valuable resources going down to Billy Bob's farm to have him regale them with tales of "funny lookin' lights in da sky" or some such ****?

If people could corroborate the claims they make, more people would take note and investigate. If ghosts existed, and we could prove it and track them scientifically, there would be a science dedicated to it. If cryptozoology revealed new species, they would just become part of zoology. If aliens were visiting you would think we would have some proof, a morsel of evidence, but we have none.

I don't want journalists wasting their time with crackpots; they already waste enough time with ****-for-brains celebrities.

It truly amazes me that rational people who demand evidence are consider the "closed-minded" folk, the opposite is true: if you stubbornly believe in ghosts, UFOs, Bigfoot, Nessie, etc. without empirical evidence and refuse to accept there might be far more logical, reasonable explanations, you're the one being closed minded.

</rant>

Or, you know, something that has evidence backing it up. Anyone can have their own truths, no one can have their own facts.

If people could corroborate the claims they make, more people would take note and investigate. If ghosts existed, and we could prove it and track them scientifically, there would be a science dedicated to it. If cryptozoology revealed new species, they would just become part of zoology. If aliens were visiting you would think we would have some proof, a morsel of evidence, but we have none.

And how are you ever going to find 'proof' if you've already decided that such things don't exist ? :laugh:

How many treatments would be found for disease, if humans decide there are none ?

How would technology get to this point, if it was decided that most everything was impossible ?

On the contrary to your thinking, Beliefs create the Reality that you will experience.

Your thoughts direct the Energies of the Universe, that then bring about the Events you experience.

The 'fiction' that you are willing to Accept, will indeed become Truth.

The Solution for just about every problem exists Now -- it is negative Beliefs such as yours, which block them out.

If you are truly 'Scientific' you will go out and examine the evidence that exists.

So stop being lazy, expecting something 'totally convincing' to be posted on the Internet for you.

"Seek and ye shall find." :happy:

And how are you ever going to find 'proof' if you've already decided that such things don't exist ? :laugh:

I don't think they exist because there is no proof. Know why i don't believe in Unicorns? No, it isn't because I've decided they don't exist, it's because there is no evidence they exist. You find evidence to the contrary and I will absolutely be willing to listen.

The burden of proof isn't on the sceptic to provide evidence of a things non-existence.

How many treatments would be found for disease, if humans decide there are none ?

What? No cures or no disease? Cures for disease are found through medical science, not mumbo-jumbo dispensed by charlatans.

How would technology get to this point, if it was decided that most everything was impossible ?

Science... Perhaps? Mathematics... per chance? Technology isn't the result of wishing for it to be so.

On the contrary to your thinking, Beliefs create the Reality that you will experience.

My beliefs have zero effect of reality. This kind of stuff is the crap you read on the back of those obnoxious self-help books.

Your thoughts direct the Energies of the Universe, that then bring about the Events you experience.

Prove it. Prove these energies exist. Then prove a thought can influence them. Then prove those energies, which my thoughts influence create events. There is quite a task. Don't forget to mention me in your Nobel Peace prize speech if you prove any of this.

The 'fiction' that you are willing to Accept, will indeed become Truth.

What fiction am I willing to accept?

The Solution for just about every problem exists Now -- it is negative Beliefs such as yours, which block them out.

Oh, sorry everyone. Apparently it's my fault AIDS is killing millions and poverty is rampant. If only I was entirely credulous and believed everything I was told all of the worlds ills would be solved. Are you serious?

If the solutions do exist we'll find them through rational, logical means. How do you think it will happen? Magic?

If you are truly 'Scientific' you will go out and examine the evidence that exists.

If I am interested in a subject enough, I do. I also put my faith ( as in confidence and trust, not faith in a relious sense) in how science works and how scientists create theories. How rigorously ideas are tested, retested, peer-reviewed, criticised, tested again, reviewed, etc. Until theories are formed.

So stop being lazy, expecting something 'totally convincing' to be posted on the Internet for you.

Lazy would be believing everything one is told with no interest in what is factual, verifiable, falsifiable, rational, etc. Lazy is treating this world as if it is boring and uninspiring so you find solace in childish, primitive superstitions.

Prove it. Prove these energies exist. Then prove a thought can influence them. Then prove those energies, which my thoughts influence create events. There is quite a task. Don't forget to mention me in your Nobel Peace prize speech if you prove any of this.

It's been shown in subatomic particles that the observer effects the moment of the particles. It's not a huge jump to think our thoughts can effect events, it seems to me.

It's been shown in subatomic particles that the observer effects the moment of the particles. It's not a huge jump to think our thoughts can effect events, it seems to me.

Funny you didn't offer any evidence....whatsoever. I guess using words like "subatomic" is supposed to provide credibility.

Funny you didn't offer any evidence....whatsoever. I guess using words like "subatomic" is supposed to provide credibility.

Watch the quantum slipstream experiment. Quantum computers and some forms of cryptology are based on this science.

Some will keep believing even if there is the most minute possibility. They enjoy these so called mysteries and to be honest it mystifies they rest of us why they must take it so seriously. Believing in others collective views such as a government is often seen as being 'sheepish' which I don't get at all. It just sounds like paranoia and I feel a bit of pity for them.

Watch the quantum slipstream experiment. Quantum computers and some forms of cryptology are based on this science.

Some will keep believing even if there is the most minute possibility. They enjoy these so called mysteries and to be honest it mystifies they rest of us why they must take it so seriously. Believing in others collective views such as a government is often seen as being 'sheepish' which I don't get at all. It just sounds like paranoia and I feel a bit of pity for them.

Please.Offer.Some.Form.of.Evidence.