Match 28 - Quarter Finals: England vs. Italy

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win Match 28?

• England
    • Italy
  2. 2. How many goals will England score?

• 5+
  3. 3. How many goals will Italy score?

• 5+

Why don't England deserve to win?

they are very poor out there and lack urgency, only star player imo is Hart, Germans will rip them to shreds if they get through

2 shots on target is poor

they are very poor out there and lack urgency, only star player imo is Hart, Germans will rip them to shreds if they get through

2 shots on target is poor

What is the main point of football? What do the teams aim to do?

What is the main point of football? What do the teams aim to do?

you expect more from a team this stage in the tournament though, as I said before remember the CL final Chelsea did the same and won through this is Englands tactic I presume

The aim of football is to get the ball in the net more times than your opponent. Doesn't matter how nice you play the game, it's the goals that count.

The aim of football is to get the ball in the net more times than your opponent. Doesn't matter how nice you play the game, it's the goals that count.

we are going to differ all night long :p so I shall keep it to myself ;)

:)

we are going to differ all night long :p so I shall keep it to myself ;)

:)

How can you differ from the fact that the aim of football is to win the game?

Once the game went to penalties the outcome was inevitable. Really poor performance this evening, we didn't deserve it.

Italy deserved to win.

At least we won't get thrashed by Germany. :p

If Italy waste that many chances against Germany they will be punished. Once again, the hype builds up and then we go and show that we still can't live with the best :(

Penalties are always a horrible way to crash out but in reality the fact that we held it that long was a small miracle. I'll be cheering for Spain from now on.

Italy deserved to win.

At least we won't get thrashed by Germany. :p

Agreed, oh well :p

Can't believe they let Ashley Young take a penalty, so obvious he was going to miss after playing consistently crap for the last 4 games. Oh well, England deserved to lose anyway.

Yeah not a boring match, certainly a lot of heart-in-mouth moments for England fans. I despaired at how easily England gave away possession which is always going to tire them out over the 90 minutes. They just couldn't pass it up the pitch. The formation looked unbalanced as we had too many defenders and little width in the middle.

I'm not sure if it's a manager issue, couldn't Roy have gone with something other than a 4-4-2? It seemed to be a bad choice.

Ashely Young, he shouldn't of really played tonight or been subbed earlier on. His performance was pretty poor, at that's not taking into the penalty miss.

Overall, I've not seen an improvement from previous England performances during this tournament, if anything a small step back. No outstanding games from them and they were lucky to get that far. Only hope that changes can be made for the World Cup, but I think it'll be a long time until England can seriously challenge a top 5 country.