Google I/O 2012

I'm not getting what's so amazing about glass - it's nice, but it's not especially small, and there's been devices like it around a lot. And most of the emphasis seems to be it's a camera on a rather obtrusive solid bar on your face.

A copy of Flipboard? Have you even used Currents? Currents doesn't look anything like Flipboard. It's actually a better app and far more readable than Flipboard where you have to flip to see a new article. It's basically all gimmick and no essence.

It's the concept they copied. Of course since it's involves Google instead of Apple you won't ever admit to it.

Anyway, will the tablet be available in mainland Europe (Netherlands) as well? Might want to pick one up for my mom. She really wants a tablet but for her needs an iPad is a bit overkill.

$1,500 for Google Glass for I/O Attendee's living in the United States.

Seems steep but I understand it's just a prototype product at this point. I imagine the final production piece will be much more affordable.

Google getting people to pay for the privilege of getting a camera into the most personal level of their life, and into their homes with their consent....

No thanks

It's the concept they copied. Of course since it's involves Google instead of Apple you won't ever admit to it.

What concept? Taking social network apis and posts and showing them to you as articles? LOL.. ridiculous

damn the attendees walked away with some good stuff

My thoughts too, lucky gits :p

Google just gave I/O folks Galaxy Nexus + Nexus 7 tablet +Nexus Q for free. Talk about making your money worth + Google sessions

what class man.. CRAP! I wasn't there this year.. CRAP!!

Overall classy ending to an amazing conference. This was probably one of the best keynotes I've seen ever. Flawlessly executed, natural and with amazing announcements and demos.

Google stepped up BIG time.

The new search based on location and public transit with surrounding discovery info just took a dump on Apple's implementations. This is so useful and superb.

It's Apple so amazing for you that is impossible to prize Google/Android without trashing it? :huh:

What concept? Taking social network apis and posts and showing them to you as articles? LOL.. ridiculous

Hypocrisy knows no boundaries when it involves you.

Wow, great giveaway!

That was a great demonstration of Project Glass! Awesome stuff!

$1500 is A LOT of money for something like that. I was expecting ?500 MAX!

Flipboard? Mountain View start your photocopiers.

There is a BIG difference for devs releasing apps on multiple platforms and a company ripping off a feature and adding it to their own.

You misunderstood. Google released an app called Currents, which is basically a copy of Flipboard.

Which looks completely different from Flipboard. I actually like Currents better as you can view stories in a LIST.

A copy of Flipboard? Have you even used Currents? Currents doesn't look anything like Flipboard. It's actually a better app and far more readable than Flipboard where you have to flip to see a new article. It's basically all gimmick and no essence.

Yea, I like Currents better. Flipboard is just eye candy for the most part. More features in Currents.

It's the concept they copied. Of course since it's involves Google instead of Apple you won't ever admit to it

And there are many other Apps that have been released before Flipboard that do the same thing. As long as it looks different and offers different features, I dont really care about copying. Now, if all they did was copy/paste stuff...then I would see the problem.

Wow, great giveaway!

That was a great demonstration of Project Glass! Awesome stuff!

$1500 is A LOT of money for something like that. I was expecting ?500 MAX!

I think $1500 is an ok price. Remember this is not for mainstream. This is for developers who want to be on the very bleeding edge.

^ True. I have preordered my Nexus 7. I was looking for a tablet that I could use as an gadget toy. I'll be getting a Surface Pro for a productivity device.