Google Now Demo

surely this is a biased test.

there's MILLIONS of people using the siri servers ( no doubt the same servers are handling requests from both ios 5 and 6 ), yet only a handful ( ~ 1000's ) in comparison will be using googles voice search systems, thus be faster

if that's what you are comparing.. google now is using google search with cards you see on www.google.com on the right when u do a search.

its being used by millions and millions more that what siri is using.. still faster.

Google Now is definitely the future. Siri looks like crap when it goes head to head with GN. So what will Apple's response be?

Oh wait, we already know...

GET AN INJUNCTION ON ALL GOOGLE PHONES NOW!

x-all-the-y.png

On another site I visit, iPhone fans are saying that Siri has all of this capability. They're saying that it's exactly the same, even though Siri just defaults to a google search and doesn't read out answers aloud half of the time.

The best thing about GVS is the speed!

Not only that google now is faster it also gives the result right what you asked for.

here is the exact same 40+ Q answered by siri

and below is what i noticed.

No answer(on the card) from siri even if it showed the card:

Ferris Bueller's day off?

who founder Napster?

how much is angelina jolie worth?

Siri, couldnt answer these properly

US airways 400

pictures of eiffel tower at sunset

google now gave direct answer while siri asked for web search.

whats once in ablue moon?

where did natalie portman go to college?

fish species in lake tahoe?

how long is the movie ted.

height requirement for space mountain

Siri did web search but google now said it not supported yet.

turn on wifi

turn n silent mode

If I was Apple, I would change my mind and let the ipad 2 users have Sirri, in fact I would let the Iphone 4 users have it to. At this point they need to give it to EVERYONE they possibly can. Because if anyone who mods there phone can have access to Google Now, then Apple is so screwed.

If I was Apple, I would change my mind and let the ipad 2 users have Sirri, in fact I would let the Iphone 4 users have it to. At this point they need to give it to EVERYONE they possibly can. Because if anyone who mods there phone can have access to Google Now, then Apple is so screwed.

Its already available for ICS. xda ftw

Its already available for ICS. xda ftw

Yea, days ago I think. Have not installed it yet on ICS since I am still fooling with JB ROMs....but from what I read, it works pretty well.

I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 6 which has the latest version of Siri with sports lookups and things and I have to say Google is just way way better. I've tried the new Jelly Bean voice search and it is much more accurate at detecting my voice the cards it shows are more relevant and its scope of information that it can show is much larger than what Siri can show me.

I hope that by the time iOS 6 ships Apple will have beefed Siri up a lot more but as time goes on that is looking less and less likely. I might just buy the next Nexus phone to replace my 4S.

Yea, days ago I think. Have not installed it yet on ICS since I am still fooling with JB ROMs....but from what I read, it works pretty well.

Minus actually talking to it. You have to type anything you want to ask it.

I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 6 which has the latest version of Siri with sports lookups and things and I have to say Google is just way way better. I've tried the new Jelly Bean voice search and it is much more accurate at detecting my voice the cards it shows are more relevant and its scope of information that it can show is much larger than what Siri can show me.

I hope that by the time iOS 6 ships Apple will have beefed Siri up a lot more but as time goes on that is looking less and less likely. I might just buy the next Nexus phone to replace my 4S.

Google's primary business is search. They're not going to let anyone beat them at search. :p

That's my reasoning anyway - I think Google will be willing to spend a lot more than Apple in terms of making their voice assistant good.

Minus actually talking to it. You have to type anything you want to ask it.

wont be long... it will get the voice action as well.

look how google now pronounce yao ming vs siri

It's much better than Siri at the factual stuff, but from what I understand Siri is a bit more intelligent with device actions.

You can say things like:

"Is my son still at school?"

"Tell my girlfriend I'm running ten minutes late"

"Remind me to pick up milk when I leave" (uses geofencing) - this is something I could use nearly every day!

"Remind me to pick up milk when I get to my dad's house" (uses geofencing)

Google would trip up on all of these things.

Wow that's impressive!

Good job, google. Now well have to see apples major update to Siri

Calibiration would probably take a long time, but for those results it would be worth it, a real time saver in the long run!

PS: I have the iPhone 4, so I haven't actually tried Siri yet, I will be keeping a close eye on iOS 6/iPhone 5 developments before I upgrade though.

Found a link to it, it doesn't work on the Transformer, it replaces the Google search button but soon as I press the mic button it enables and disables voice instantly so no chance to talk

Google Now isn't designed for ICS and will not function correctly on it; which you would know if you'd actually read up on it. It uses parts of the Jelly Bean framework for the voice recognition so will not work on ICS unless the guys at XDA are able to backport the needed framework components. That's not likely to happen until the source code drops in a few weeks.

What's working so far is just a hack, so don't judge it by that. Judge it by what's running on JB.

Google Now isn't designed for ICS and will not function correctly on it; which you would know if you'd actually read up on it.

Well excuuuuuuuuusssssssse me!

I will say between my roommate's Siri and my Galaxy Nexus sporting a JB ROM, the Google voice search blows Siri out of the water. However, I can't see myself using this feature very much, it is just a gimmick! I'm a bigger fan of Google Now - the feature that shows you cards for next appointment, weather, etc. That is very handy. The voice search is something you show off to your friends.

However, I can't see myself using this feature very much, it is just a gimmick!

Same here, although I might change my mind when I get JB. I have always found annoying to speak to the phone (or the computer) to get things done, but maybe it'll come handy for specific searches where just talking would be a lot faster than writing the whole query.

Still not something I'd be using every day, though.