How to transfer files from pc to phone..?

I don't think my s3 came with a sd card...(but what do I know)

I meant how to do it, using an usb cable.

Thanks for that, but I'm gonna need something that does not require me to add an account with the evil empire.(google...I just don't want that)

Airdroid is free and no acct needed. It does it over wifi.. I love it.

For usb just enable the usb storage mode and tjen it mounts as drive in explorer.exe and then put pix in pix folder music in music folder.. etc and that should work.. then whatever app u use than follow inst. to use folder for media..

For usb just enable the usb storage mode and tjen it mounts as drive in explorer.exe and then put pix in pix folder music in music folder.. etc and that should work.. then whatever app u use than follow inst. to use folder for media..

Right, I have that switched on, I can read all the files in dopus, nothing I drag goes where I drag it to...

Don't put em in the android dir put them in sep dirs on sd root. I do that and its fine..

Like this..

Sdcard/music

Sdcard/vids

Sdcard/pics

Etc..

Then open ur media app and you can tell it where to access files from..

Also be sure to eject the sd card when done..as the screen prompts..

I did manage to get airdroid working. There seems to be a fix to make mass storage work, but it involves root access. I am now prowling the xda forums learnin' up what I'll need to know.

Thanks.

I put files on a network share and then use ES File Explorer to browse to the network share from my phone or tablet and copy them straight to the storage in my phone.

Only takes a few minutes and as my network share is a NAS it means I can copy the files around between devices independantly without requiring a PC/Laptop to get the files on to the phone/tablet