asus ati radeon 9800xt 256mb

wh ythe ell would someone fall into a marketing trap like that XT what the hell. get a 9800 (pro) or 9800 flash to pro. then spend money on a good agp cooler and overclock the difference or more. 256 meg or not. i cant wait till pcie. true blue has been reccomended by a number of mags maxpc off the top of my head. quiet is always good. trublu it.

Enermax ia great too

OFFTOPIC:  why did u block me of msn?>

thats good then :)

get my plextor dvd drive coming tomorrow, ill be ordering my enermax 460W on monday afternoon for tuesday... then just gotta wait for OCUK to get the asus 9800xt in then im done upgrading till may/june.

Why are people bitching at me for a buy 9800xt instead of a 9800 pro? Becuase i wanted too... and also... a asus 9800XT 256 only cost ?30 more then the 9800 pro 256 so for ?30 its worth it. plus this card will be able to run most games on full graphics for a good year without too much trouble.

why 128 or 256mb? well, as stated the XT is only 256... but anyway...

like a car... do you need a 280-300BHP subaru imprezza capable of 155mph limited? why not buy a ford fiesta that does 95mph... your never going to do 155mph... but ITS THERE if you need it.. same princible for the 256mb..:p:p

oh... i never blocked you either, you said your list was full and i said it was ok to delete me becuase we usually see each other on here, plus ive had about 2 new msn accounts sinc:):)

Edited by hypoxiaicon

wh ythe ell would someone fall into a marketing trap like that XT what the hell. get a 9800 (pro) or 9800 flash to pro. then spend money on a good agp cooler and overclock the difference or more. 256 meg or not. i cant wait till pcie. true blue has been reccomended by a number of mags maxpc off the top of my head. quiet is always good. trublu it.

hardly marketing hype ;) just ati wanted to squeeze the most out the current GPU R350-R360 before the new one... it just inches ATi slightly more ahead of nVidia :)

the XT is just an 'extended' version of a 9800 pro 256 with a little more grunt... top of line as such

i refere to cars again.. Volvo S60 T5 - 9800 Pro 256mb --> Volvo S60R AWD 9800XT 256mb .:p

Question; What Power Supply?!

Okay, please dont mention other wattages or manufactures then what ive stated below becuase im only buying from overclockers and what they have in :p

Antec TruePower 430W - (link - http://www.antec-inc.com/pro_details_power...p?ProdID=20430# )

?56.50 (?66.39 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Antect TruePower TrueBlue 480W - ( link - http://www.antec-inc.com/pro_details_power...p?ProdID=20481# )

?67.50 (?79.31 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Enermax 460W - ( link - http://www.enermax.com.tw/eg365ax-ve-fma.htm )

?59.95 (?70.44 Including VAT at 17.5%)

There is an antec 550W (to much power)... but the 480W with blue leds is highest power antec one at overclockers. so thats why... i didnt choose it for the lights.. i choose it for the :)wer :)

What do you think? i think the Antec 480W TruePower TrueBlue PSU...

you should. :ninja: :whistle: :p

yeh... but id have very sharp edges.. id have to sand it down... im getting my mum to have a look in some computer shops at the weekend for some beige windowed side panels :p

I'm meeting my girlfriend again tomorrow... so i have to rely on my sister and mum to order me my stuff from overclockers.

Antec TrueBlue 480W PSU

Arctic Silver 3

Akasa TIM clean

:D

should get my card any day now :D

19.05pm - Good news for those waiting for the Asus ATI Radeon 9800XT/TVD 256MB & Half Life 2 Bundle. We have cards arriving tomorrow (29th) to satisfy some of the backorders with more arriving over the next few days.

i cleaned all my pc out... used arctic silver 3 (i think i did right, it said for instructions on arcticsilver.com .. not much use when my pc is in bits lol) and installed my trueblue 480w

I'm meeting my girlfriend again tomorrow... so i have to rely on my sister and mum to order me my stuff from overclockers.

Antec TrueBlue 480W PSU

Arctic Silver 3

Akasa TIM clean

looks good but rubbing alohol would work just as well as the TIM cleaner. ;)

Antec TrueBlue 480W PSU

Arctic Silver 3

Akasa TIM clean

looks good but rubbing alohol would work just as well as the TIM cleaner. ;)

i know... my mum told me that.. she said we had some.. but we didnt so i just got that TIM stuff anyway :)

i hope my card gets dispatched in first batch of asus cards :D

i just got the email from overclockers saying its been dispatched :D before 9am tomorrow (30th) ill have my brand new card... nice step up from a geforce4 mx440-se huh? :p

i just got the email from overclockers saying its been dispatched :D before 9am tomorrow (30th) ill have my brand new card... nice step up from a geforce4 mx440-se huh? :p

Kool, congrats man.

Sorry for being lazy, dunno if posted earlier, but im not gonna scan through 7 pages.

How much it cost you?

Kool, congrats man.

Sorry for being lazy, dunno if posted earlier, but im not gonna scan through 7 pages.

How much it cost you?

not lazy... pretty logical lol :)

?417.89 + ?8.50 for deliver:):)

Kool, congrats man.

How much it cost you?

WOW

You pay for it or was a gift?

Kool, congrats man.

How much it cost you?

WOW

You pay for it or was a gift?

i bought it myself... i also had to buy a better psu (i now have a antec trueblue 480w)

linky - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Onl...#agx_2d019_2das

I got a $200 voucher from the Microsoft settlement, and I have about $300 saved up, so I was considering adding them together to get myself a 9600XT or 9800XT.. But this thread successfully changed my mind ;)

My geforce4 128mb works fine for now.. maybe I'll get a gamecube instead.

Money isnt a option for me, but i still havent plunged into getting a 9800pro/XT or alike due to the fact im not a heavy gamer.

My card runs great, is probably %50 faster then when i got it, and loving my latest 52.13 detz so is going alright.

Still might get one though.

yeh.. should be here before 9.. GOD DAMMIT!! i gotta go get a train at 9:05 to meet my gf.. wont be back till 4-5... then she'll stay :D then go around 8.. wow... my new girlfriend is taking over my pc... :(

+strokes case+ there there :p

LMAO.