X-Men: Days of Future Past

That music is overused as hell. But at least they didn't show off too much, just enough to keep you interested. I guess the following trailers will do the job of ruining the film.

That part where Xavier is telling his older self that he doesn't want his future, that gave me the chills. Gosh, the trailer was awesome. I can't wait to watch this film!

Loving the trailer. At first i was thinking it be some big action massive explosions in my face stuff but it was not, i liked it tho. Good to see the big cast!

The trailer is pretty poorly cut, though, that mid transition was particularly awful. Still, great seeing all the characters back, I know a great cast doesn't mean much on its own, but I'm hopeful they won't screw it up.

The trailer is pretty poorly cut, though, that mid transition was particularly awful. Still, great seeing all the characters back, I know a great cast doesn't mean much on its own, but I'm hopeful they won't screw it up.

I was just going to come here to day exactly that. Especially when wolverine said "Isn't my strong suit" ..that cut was HORRIBLE!!!!... I could have done better editing... Also the music in the front part of the trailer reminded me of Kickass, the part where she runs in the room with the blinking strobe, and obviously the 2nd music is from the Perl Harbor trailer.

I liked the trailer but I didn't like the music they used. Also, the cut in the middle where Wolverine screams was really bad. I'm really looking forward to this movie and I'm sure they'll release an even better trailer.

I was just going to come here to day exactly that. Especially when wolverine said "Isn't my strong suit" ..that cut was HORRIBLE!!!!... I could have done better editing... Also the music in the front part of the trailer reminded me of Kickass, the part where she runs in the room with the blinking strobe, and obviously the 2nd music is from the Perl Harbor trailer.

This is the music from the first part:

Next to Inception horns, probably the most overused piece of music used in trailers, eveeeeeeer.

This is the music from the first part:

Next to Inception horns, probably the most overused piece of music used in trailers, eveeeeeeer.

HA I was right!

I see that Neowin is full of great filmmakers.

It doesn't take being a filmmaker to criticize a film (or in this case, really poor editing of the trailer and the unoriginal choice for the score), much more than it takes being a cook to criticize someone serving you a piece of **** for dinner.

You guys do know that this trailer was made months ago for a convention right? They basically wanted to show the public what they were working on. It's just a trailer, and the very first one. It's just a bunch of scenes that have been finished and were worth showing. At the time when they made the trailer, they didn't have much else to show I guess. Plus the VXF isn't even done yet so that's another reason why the trailer isn't movie quality. And they certainly don't have an original score yet that's ready to be used.

I'm just trying to understand why you guys are being so critical about a simple first trailer of a movie. It's not like this trailer is going to be the selling point of the movie. It's like trailers need to be short movies nowadays. I for one thought the trailer was pretty damn good for a first one and it definitely made me excited to see more!

I see wolverine has his adamantium claws again in this, which I guess makes sense if it's his physical body from before the last movie but now I wonder how the process works out?    How does this work with the timelines?   I mean knowing what he knows about his own life having gone back would easily change events.    Setup for another batch of X-men movies after this with redone timeline?

You guys do know that this trailer was made months ago for a convention right? They basically wanted to show the public what they were working on. It's just a trailer, and the very first one. It's just a bunch of scenes that have been finished and were worth showing. At the time when they made the trailer, they didn't have much else to show I guess. Plus the VXF isn't even done yet so that's another reason why the trailer isn't movie quality. And they certainly don't have an original score yet that's ready to be used.

I'm just trying to understand why you guys are being so critical about a simple first trailer of a movie. It's not like this trailer is going to be the selling point of the movie. It's like trailers need to be short movies nowadays. I for one thought the trailer was pretty damn good for a first one and it definitely made me excited to see more!

Well, if they first showed it at ComicCon, that means they had two months to improve on it. Anyway:

-no one said the trailer is really THAT bad or anything, just poorly cut, especially in the middle. I mean, that's objective, the transition is just too sudden, it's like it's missing a second or two before the switch.

-no one is criticizing the trailer for the lack of action or FX. I actually like this approach better, and I completely get the point behind not having any of the FX in it.

-the particular music theme is also, quite objectively, kind of overused in trailers and in movies, to the point it's fair to point that out. No one said "OMG worst trailer music evaaa," it's just that warwagon recognized it and I recognized the source.

I just didn't think it's really that great, and as I said, I'm actually really, REALLY glad they didn't share too much because most trailers today chronologically tell the story (just today saw the new trailer for The Wolf of Wall Street, same thing) in those two-three minutes, which is just awful. I will in no way base my opinion of the movie on it either, as I generally try to avoid trailers, because of the thing I just mentioned prior.

I see wolverine has his adamantium claws again in this, which I guess makes sense if it's his physical body from before the last movie but now I wonder how the process works out?    How does this work with the timelines?   I mean knowing what he knows about his own life having gone back would easily change events.    Setup for another batch of X-men movies after this with redone timeline?

Well, it depends on which timeline the Wolverine with the adamantium claws is in, since that's hard to figure out from the trailer. If it's modern times, it can simply mean that X and Magneto helped him restore them.

If it's the past, it could mean they're ignoring the events of Origins: Wolverine, which wouldn't be novel, since First Class also retconned some of the things in it: Emma Frost is a girl in Origins, but is 30 in First Class, and Professor X is seen walking in Origins, but he gets paralized by the end of First Class. Either way, I think literally NO ONE would care if they completely ignored Origins: Wolverine, as that movie was one big giant turd.

What I'll say, tho, I didn't even consider the implications of this movie, because I never knew how they make the time travel happen (I thought they literally send someone back, not do a mind-hack of sorts). But I wouldn't mind if the end of it offered sort of a clean slate, in fact that could even be refreshing. I was never a big X-Men fan, but I liked X2, and I particularly enjoyed First Class, would love for them to somehow do some timeline mumbo jumbo and keep some of those characters and actors, or at least continue making stories in that time line as well.

They called it their "World Premier Trailer" ... that's usually a pretty big deal.