The Lorax [2012]

220px-Lorax_teaser_poster.jpg

Coming from the original Dr Seuss Lorax, I was highly dubious especially as I had just watched Fantastic Mr Fox which was very little like the book.

However, I am pleased to say this film was enjoyable from start to end. Of course no story will be the same as the original, this film version the main story is for Ted to win the girl by showing her a real tree. I was connected with Wall-E thinking our world will be full of electric in the future... even electric trees.

I was put off by the Once-ler being human, but it was "nice" to see how he became the outcast he is. I was also disappointed by the quick section of how he build up the Thneed business through a song rather than how he started slowly and built it into a huge factory.

However, with many humorous parts and that character which is the best, but not a main part kept my interest throughout. The cute bears were fun and the animation as expected. It's yet another film for kids and adults alike.

My score: 7/10.

IMDB score: 6.4/10

Official Site | IMDB | Wikipedia

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The film was relatively enjoyable, but the fact that they've made fun of the original tale and turned it from a moral dilemma into an environmental message for children doesn't improve the experience.

• 6 months later...