Your preferred window frame color

Now that transparency options are gone, it seems like the color of the window frame will become even more prominent. If what we can see in the RTM build screenshots turns out to be the default color, it's going to be a bit too garish for my taste. So I'm wondering what to pick instead...Suggestions?

And, by the way, why isn't it possible to enter a color code directly, or to pick a color by pointing at one somewhere on the screen?

My current choice:

post-5569-0-44176200-1343929394.png

I'll probably use something similar to what you have. A bluish stone grey color.

I'm either a darker gray or a darker green'ish color. I'll know when I play with it.

I'm either a darker gray or a darker green'ish color.

The darker colors don't quite work for me if they're dark enough to make the window title either ugly or hard to read. I'm not a fan of that 'glow' effect (doesn't seem to fit with the Metro aesthetic either).

post-5569-0-39897200-1343942076.png

post-5569-0-07894100-1343942087.png

The darker colors don't quite work for me if they're dark enough to make the window title either ugly or hard to read. I'm not a fan of that 'glow' effect (doesn't seem to fit with the Metro aesthetic either).

That's where tweaking the Intensity? setting comes in. I set a dark green in Win8RP but then changed that setting to make it softer or something. I should get a shot of what I have in the RP for example. Of course the RP still has transparancy but that's set low for me.

Would love to see some screenshots to get an idea. :)

THIS. I would love to use a dark border but the title bar becomes hideous. Wasn't there an option on early leaked screenshots about having an option to have a different taskbar color from border color? Or is it gone now?

THIS. I would love to use a dark border but the title bar becomes hideous. Wasn't there an option on early leaked screenshots about having an option to have a different taskbar color from border color? Or is it gone now?

It seems they dropped that option? Dunno why though but it sounds like it's been taken out.

OK, these are some shots of what I have set in the Win8RP right now, it's green, I'll probably tweak this in the final because of the changes they have done. First shot is with transparancy and 2nd without for comparison.

post-201832-0-65835100-1343945454_thumb.

post-201832-0-36215300-1343945502_thumb.

OK, these are some shots of what I have set in the Win8RP right now, it's green, I'll probably tweak this in the final because of the changes they have done. First shot is with transparancy and 2nd without for comparison.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of a window with a black border?

Would you mind posting a screenshot of a window with a black border?

I could but setting the window border/titlebar color to black would make the text a pain to read, it would help if they let us change the text color but they don't at this point.

If I were to use the default theme, probably a grey-ish color. I'm not one to stick with defaults though.

if I were to use 8 I would probably go with either a grey theme to be close to metro, or just go with a black.. or hope for a transparency hack.

It really does seem that the lighter shades fit better compared to more darker colors.

I prefer black but it looks stupid in 8 RTM.

If the font color could change it'd work out better as a choice. As it stands though the window title etc gets lost.