Man asks people to throw paint at his house

Rian White of East Hampton, N.Y., did some rabble rousing when he asked anyone and everyone for "help" painting his house. In a move that angered neighbors, White put up a sign outside of his home, reading: "Help paint a starving artists [sic] house. Throw a pint." His house -- windows and glass door included -- is now covered in splashes of paint.

"It degrades the whole neighborhood," Tim Lee, White's neighbor, told East Hampton Patch. "Everybody's property value goes down. Would you buy a house next to him?"

Officials have issued notices of violation to White over the state of his property dating back to February. White didn't respond, and he is now due in court.

56b96c6de58851aedc44d0f781843d69.jpg

more

I really hate that property-value argument mentioned in the article. How can you own someone else's value?

In the USA apparently you can....

Maybe they should all throw the same general color. :p

Mix everything to make it brown!!

I really hate that property-value argument mentioned in the article. How can you own someone else's value?

If someone next door to you has a trashy house, it can affect your property value too.

While I agree that property-value argument is valid, I don't think it should be implemented. And going to court for that?! It's like you don't even own the property.

Aesthetics are highly subjective and vary among people. If this is to his liking, so be it.