Technet/MSDN members, post your excitement for RTM in 3 days here!

Still not excited as there's still no RTM drivers from AMD or realtek for video and audio.

Erm yes there is, AMD released 12.8 today and Realtek drivers on their site work fine with RTM

• Like 2

Erm yes there is, AMD released 12.8 today and Realtek drivers on their site work fine with RTM

Yeah I was just about to post this. I know that Realtek has had Windows 8 capable drivers for awhile now.

I guess I'll have to pick up the iso from alternative sources and wait until i get my key :p

I think I'll do the same.

What version will be available on DreamSpark?

I think I'll do the same.

What version will be available on DreamSpark?

Most likely the Pro version, if it's going to follow the present scheme of things. I don't really see them having developers use the regular version.

When I browse for drivers through the usual "choose your graphics card - Choose your OS" section on the AMD site, it still seems to only list RP drivers...

They are probably not on their site, there is a thread on the forums here with links to them though.

EDIT: Does anyone know if you still need to install DirectX? I know you still needed to even in Win7, wasn't sure with Win8.

sad, I guess I wait for another week and a half :/

He said that it won't be on Dreamspark until 25, but it is supossed to be already on Dreamspark Premium, the admins of our university have to update the webpage, but its summer...

When I browse for drivers through the usual "choose your graphics card - Choose your OS" section on the AMD site, it still seems to only list RP drivers...

Just checked this, I was able to select Windows 8-64 bit as the OS and it delievers 12.8

Me too now, must have changed since this morning when I checked :)

I'm glad they released it today rather than in October.

EDIT: I think your signature bar is bringing out my OCD, I had to keep checking to see if whatever it was finished loading.

He said that it won't be on Dreamspark until 25, but it is supossed to be already on Dreamspark Premium, the admins of our university have to update the webpage, but its summer...

Apparently it's on Dreamspark Premium for faculty and staff, students get it after the 25th.

Activated both my installs just fine, seeing 10 keys for each ISO, looks like they have not neutered MSDN yet. :)

That's weird, I only have 5.

Which edition of MSDN sub do you have? I have MSDN with VS Ultimate. I also, I activated my subcription in May before they implemented the new rule, so maybe you had activated yours after the new quote rule.

Which edition of MSDN sub do you have? I have MSDN with VS Ultimate. I also, I activated my subcription in May before they implemented the new rule, so maybe you had activated yours after the new quote rule.

I only have 5, too. With MSDN VS Ultimate. Have had the account since March of 2010.

weird, i don't seem to be able to issue myself Win8 Pro keys from technet...

Sometimes happens when their servers have been beasted for keys, give it a few hours > day and try again

I can't remember as it's such a long time since I signed up for it. I think it's MSDN Premium but it was activated years ago and resubscribed a year or two ago. I've got say, the 5 license limit is a bit of a bummer and it's pretty poor that MS don't halve the cost of the subscription to reflect the loss of value. Anyway, that's a discussion for a different thread.

Sometimes happens when their servers have been beasted for keys, give it a few hours > day and try again

:laugh:

You got lucky, somehow your account slipped through the cracks. Enjoy having twice as many keys as you should have.