Technet/MSDN members, post your excitement for RTM in 3 days here!

Im pretty sure however that each key on technet/MSDN can still be used in up to 10 devices each... I don't believe they've changed that part... Just giving less keys now.

Sounds like fun, to bad it's not like the technet in the Windows 7 rtm days.

You mean that accident when anyone could get a free 1year subscription? That was indeed nice!

Im pretty sure however that each key on technet/MSDN can still be used in up to 10 devices each... I don't believe they've changed that part... Just giving less keys now.

Correct.

I heard that you can't upgrade from RP, which would be a bummer if true.

Upgrade from a beta? Seriously? That would be a really bad idea. I would be surprised if that had ever been possible on previous Windows releases.

Upgrade from a beta? Seriously? That would be a really bad idea. I would be surprised if that had ever been possible on previous Windows releases.

It won't let you, I tried. You can only do full install and it puts the files in Windows.old, or full install and format.

Just wanted to give you a heads up. I'm not sure about what your long term usage of the products you download from technet is, but they have changed how long you can uses the keys. Once your subscription expires so does your keys.

If you are using TechNet, then why wouldn't you be renewing it every year anyway? The keys should expire when you are no longer paying for TechNet.

Just wanted to thank all the people who thought it was OK to sell/buy TechNet provided Product Keys on eBay. Those people ruined TechNet for those who actually used it and renewed it every year.

As a Tech w/ Technet Subscription working in non-scripted Level 1 & 2 support I will be installing this at home to learn, since we will be getting calls on this... however, not as excited with Windows 8 as I was with Windows 7...

Should be about 2 more days before it hits technet.

I wet myself!

On a daily basis! ;)

I am about as excited as a wet paper towel.

It won't let you, I tried. You can only do full install and it puts the files in Windows.old, or full install and format.

Good that's how it ought to be. (Y)

I already have MSDN Subscriber Downloads bookmarked. Ready and Waiting to download at 128 KBs per sec.

So I just looked it up

If you spend $200 for a standard subscription you can get 2 keys per product at 20 activates each.

If you spend $349 you can get a Professional Subscription with 5 keys and 50 activations each.

Beginning in mid-March 2012, subscribers to TechNet Subscriptions (excluding TechNet Standard which are entitled to 2 keys per product) may access a maximum allocation of three (3) product keys for Microsoft Office and Windows Client products in connection with their subscription. The allotted keys may only be used for software evaluation purposes. Once the maximum keys have been activated, no more keys will be made available. Additional product keys may be acquired through the purchase of an additional subscription.

http://www.zdnet.com...ubscribers/4644

I love how Microsoft cut down on the number they gave out on the standard subscription from 10 down to 2. Their reason is because it was being abused. Of course it was being abused Microsoft, pirates were actually GIVING you money!