Technet/MSDN members, post your excitement for RTM in 3 days here!

Upcoming wedding day is stopping me from buying a subscription to get this early.....need to wait it out lol or do mega overtime

Those are some messed up priorities!! :o

TBH, I don't really like the concept of virtualisation; not for production systems.

If you've got a bunch of virtual servers all sitting on one physical server and something in the hardware fails, you lose ALL your virtual servers. That's fine for general use, but no good at all for business critical systems.

That is certainly not true, with the right hardware setup - failure is not a problem. I had a couple of hard drives fail on me but with redundancy (hot spares etc.), it was not a problem.

Should be released around 12-1 PM EST

So disappointed with Windows 8 on the desktop that I'm not renewing my Technet subscription. First time ever I have not installed a new RTM on release. 8(

You've got to use it for more then a few hours, once you get used to the UI changes, it flows much better, I was once like you, but then I decided to actually give it a chance and it is better TBH.

• Like 3

<<Thread Cleaned>> Lets keep the discussion to the MSDN/Technet Release, not about anyone's opinions on how childish people are or drivers, if you would like to discuss drivers please make another topic for that.

Got a pair of 128GB SSD's ready for some RAID-0 action. Only thing holding me back right now is the pile of games to contend with. WoW shouldn't be an issue, but GW2 right around the corner, so gotta decide on when to install Win8, before or after GW2. Since the RAID-0 stripe will be replacing my current boot drive, I could pop it back in if I had to.

Pretty sure MS' servers should be OK today, unless something unexpected goes wrong.

Started backing up my main home PC in the morning :D to keep it ready for a clean install in the evening. :-)

(Loads of stuff going over my network right now :-D ~300GB)

Yes! I can't login to my DreamSpark account, They must be busy with something :)

Awesome (not awesome that you can't login, but awesome that it would seem that they are getting ready)! :D