Rosie O'Donnell reveals she had a heart attack

No joke: Last week, comedian Rosie O' Donnell had a serious health scare. Writing on her website, the talk-show host recounted how she had a heart attack on August 20, admitting that her kind of heart attack is called "the widow maker" and that she is "lucky to be here."

The star said she started experiencing symptoms after helping "an enormous woman" who was struggling to get out of her car. After assisting her, the 50-year-old recalls (in verse), "I had an ache in my chest/both my arms were sore/everything felt bruised/muscular - i thought."

But the pain persisted.

Then, she wrote, "I became nauseous/my skin was clammy/I was very very hot/I threw up/maybe this is a heart attack/I googled womens heart attack symptoms/I had many of them/but really? - I thought - naaaa."

Remembering an ad on TV, the actress popped a Bayer aspirin, and writes, "saved by a tv commercial, literally."

http://tv.yahoo.com/...rt-attack-.html

I think i'll send her a dozen pizza's as a get well gift.

post-435544-0-21233200-1345520770.jpg

post-435544-0-34533300-1345520932.jpg

Hope she gets better. Don't see the need for the attached pics though and the call to ban spoons is just strange.

Flinty shes and avid anti gunner that's why.

Flinty shes and avid anti gunner that's why.

So she has a heart attack and the first thing you do is criticise her stance on guns? Hardly surprising when your signature is a picture of a firearm.

• Like 3

So she has a heart attack and the first thing you do is criticise her stance on guns? Hardly surprising when your signature is a picture of a firearm and you live in Texas.

It's not surprising at all. We all pick up traits and see different things in the news dependant upon our background. Sorry, but I am not "pro guns" but the whole notion of anyone being "pro guns is bad" is just outright lame.

he :woot:

Yup, he ;)

So she has a heart attack and the first thing you do is criticise her stance on guns? Hardly surprising when your signature is a picture of a firearm and you live in Texas.

Might want to study the state abbreviations smart guy, I don't live in Texas.

It's not surprising at all. We all pick up traits and see different things in the news dependant upon our background. Sorry, but I am not "pro guns" but the whole notion of anyone being "pro guns is bad" is just outright lame.

That wasn't my point. This is a discussion about a woman who had a heart attack, which is of course unrelated to guns.

Might want to study the state abbreviations smart guy, I don't live in Texas.

Apologies, I had you confused with another member and misread it. Corrected. :$

That wasn't my point. This is a discussion about a woman who had a heart attack, which is of course unrelated to guns.

Apologies, I had you confused with another member and misread it. Corrected. :$

So if Mitt Romney had a heart attack no one would mention politics? Rosie is known for her stance on guns as is Romney with politics, people would of course comment on his politics.

She makes herself VERY vocal about gun control, she uses her fame to push an agenda. As such SHE intrinsically linked herself with the issue.

Like Tennessee is any better. Yeeeehaw!!

You've clearly never been here...keep stereotyping and we'll keep thinking you watch hockey everyday, eat maple syrup with every meal, and go beaver hunting on weekends, eh?

Someone has a heart attack and it's joked about and it's used to criticise their view of guns i yet another gun thread? How mature...le sigh.

Had this been Willard Mitchell Romney, they'd be up in arms crying and asking why such a thing could ever happen to him.. It's the misogyny that's disgusting.. happens all the time at neowin unfortunately..

Story of a guy getting raped.. "YEAH ATTA BOY!!!!!! WISH THAT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME!!!!"

Story of a girl getting raped... "SHE DESERVED IT, DID YOU SEE WHAT SHE WAS WEARING? SHE WAS ASKING FOR IT"

Rosie O'Donnell has a heart attack.. "HE DESERVED TO DIE.. WHAT AN UGLY GUY HE IS.... OH YEAH.. GUNS GUNS GUNS...."

Seriously KingCracker, someone has a heart attack and your first thing to do is what you did in your first post? And here I thought you might have been at least over the age of 10. I guess I expected too much.

Had this been Willard Mitchell Romney, they'd be up in arms crying and asking why such a thing could ever happen to him.. It's the misogyny that's disgusting.. happens all the time at neowin unfortunately..

Story of a guy getting raped.. "YEAH ATTA BOY!!!!!! WISH THAT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME!!!!"

Story of a girl getting raped... "SHE DESERVED IT, DID YOU SEE WHAT SHE WAS WEARING? SHE WAS ASKING FOR IT"

Rosie O'Donnell has a heart attack.. "HE DESERVED TO DIE.. WHAT AN UGLY GUY HE IS.... OH YEAH.. GUNS GUNS GUNS...."

Seriously KingCracker, someone has a heart attack and your first thing to do is what you did in your first post? And here I thought you might have been at least over the age of 10. I guess I expected too much.

Seriously, someone has a heart attack and the first thing you do is make a political statement about Romney? Someone needs to grow up.

That aside, she was super obese, I can't say I'm surprised that it's taking a toll on her ticker.

That aside, she was super obese, I can't say I'm surprised that it's taking a toll on her ticker.

This is what I thought. It's of course a sad thing to happen, but between her weight and the fact that she stresses herself out being so damned angry and high-strung all the time... it is not surprising.

Seriously, someone has a heart attack and the first thing you do is make a political statement about Romney? Someone needs to grow up.

Yep, you should grow up.

As I was making my point using TC's own posts. But let's leave out logic. You're good at that.

So if Mitt Romney had a heart attack no one would mention politics? Rosie is known for her stance on guns as is Romney with politics, people would of course comment on his politics.

Yep, you should grow up.

As I was making my point using TC's own posts. But let's leave out logic. You're good at that.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but any chance you can take a shot a republicans, you take it. Stay classy

Two wrongs don't make a right, but any chance you can take a shot a republicans, you take it. Stay classy

And NOW you get what I was getting at with this Topic... good job.. took you a while.