13 yr old girl steals car, drives 14 hours to meet Xbox Live bf.

I went to Bing and typed in Xbox live to go sign in and this was top topics, lol.

Beth Robinson is 13. She recently met a boy, aged 12, over Xbox Live. Beth lives in Houston and the boy, Dylan, lives in Hodgenville, Kentucky. When Beth's dad didn't like the fact the two were playing games and "chatting" together over the service, she did what any lovestruck 13 year-old girl would do: went a little bananas.

Stealing her brother's car and her mother's ATM card, Beth set off to drive to Dylan's house. Reminder: she's 13. She got as far as Nashville, Tennessee before being stopped by police, who had been alerted to be on the look-out for the teenager.

She's since been reunited with her family in the strangely heart-warming video below. And while there's all sorts of messed up things related to the incident, let's be clear: aside from the stealing and unlicensed driving, nothing sordid went down here. Which makes a pleasant change, since these kind of Xbox romance stories normally involve some degree of skin-crawling.

Let's also not lose sight of the fact the girl managed to make it from Houston to Nashville. Which is 13 hours away. That's one hell of a drive.

Source: http://kotaku.com/59...-live-boyfriend

My first reaction was, I'd beat her to death if it was my daughter, then I thought, who was the genius that taught a 13 yr old how to drive good enough to make it across a few states to not be noticed. Having lived in all the states she drove through, I know how bad traffic is in a few of the cities she had to pass through.

I will never understand how people can have such a connection with an online relationship.

I also cannot understand how people meet on xbox live lol.

I will never understand how people can have such a connection with an online relationship.

I also cannot understand how people meet on xbox live lol.

Exactly my thoughts, isn't Xbox Live like group chat as well so like... how'd you even get "so close" to them over Xbox Live haha!

This happens all too often: 13 year old teenage girl + doing something in the name of what she thinks is love = craziness

This just happened to be crazier than normal.

My first reaction was, I'd beat her to death if it was my daughter, then I thought, who was the genius that taught a 13 yr old how to drive good enough to make it across a few states to not be noticed. Having lived in all the states she drove through, I know how bad traffic is in a few of the cities she had to pass through.

That's a bit harsh.

Are you aware that the frontal lobe does not fully develop until teenagers are far older?

Not that I am defending her (or him) in this case, but it is quite easy.

Of course, you do need the physical in person side of the relationship too (which is why the girl went so far as to steal the car etc), but it is possible to feel that kind of connection to someone you meet online.

I met my gf online, and we have now been together for 3 years. But I knew before we met in real life (a month after we met online) that I liked her.

That's a bit harsh.

Are you aware that the frontal lobe does not fully develop until teenagers are far older?

How is that harsh. Your child steals your sons car, steals your debit card and drives off 14 hours through several states to meet a 12 yr old boy she has never met, doesn't know if he's actually a 12 yr old boy or some middle aged idiot, yes, I would beat her to death. And in case your just a kid yourself and don't understand, it's a figure of speech.

Unfortunately this doesn't just happen to 13 year olds. My friend who was 23 at the time met someone from America over Xbox Live. He is in the UK and obviously she was outside of New York somewhere. After a year, he saved up enough money to go for a week and he stayed in a hotel in New York. Apparently it went well but a month later they 'broke up'. Kinda crazy to meet someone over the internet that far away, save up and come back for things to end as they did. Oh well. :p

this is not the first time and for sure it wont be the last. The "stupid mom leaves to her stupid kid her car and drives x hours" news is getting old.

and this 'story' sounds like BS if you check the "source"

The mother received the girl with a tearful hug. This is why kids are **** these days.

What happened to the good old tradition of smacking the face of a spoiled brat?

The mother received the girl with a tearful hug. This is why kids are **** these days.

What happened to the good old tradition of smacking the face of a spoiled brat?

Isn't that illegal these days?