Amazing Spider-Man 2

OK, maybe it's just because I don't know the amazing spiderman comic series that well but isn't it too soon to introduce MJ again? As far as I know in the original comic line she doesn't show up till a good deal later on.

Dane DaHaan is a great choice for Harry Osborne. I was just telling my sister the other day that he's somewhat of an underrated actor. I first saw him in Chronicle and once again in Lawless. I can't wait to see him in the sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man.

As for Jamie Foxx, I'm not surprised. I wouldn't be surprised if he went bald to better resemble the Ultimate Electro.

• 1 month later...

Paul Giamatti Up For Rhino Role in The Amazing Spider-Man 2

It looks like Marc Webb's upcoming sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man will be getting another new villain! The Hollywood Reporter says that Paul Giamatti is in talks to play the Rhino in the May 2, 2014 film. It's also being reported that Felicity Jones is in talks for an undisclosed role.

The alter-ego of Aleksei Mikhailovich Sytsevich, the Rhino first appeared in 1966's "The Amazing Spider-Man" #41. A former low-key thug, an experiment grafted a nearly-indestructible polymer to Aleksei's skin, making him nearly unstoppable.

Giamatti appeared last in year in a variety of projects like Rock of Ages, Cosmopolis and John Dies at the End. Jones, meanwhile, is well known for roles in films like The Tempest and Like Crazy.

Already set to star Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan and Martin Sheen, the new chapter in the Spider-Man saga was already confirmed to see the debut of Electro (Foxx) and Mary Jane Watson (Woodley).

(http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99447)

• 2 weeks later...

Official Sypnosis

Columbia Pictures announced today that filming has begun on The Amazing Spider-Man? 2 in New York. The film is the first in the history of the franchise that will be filmed entirely in New York City and New York State.

The sequel to last year?s critical and box office hit The Amazing Spider-Man, the film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

In The Amazing Spider-Man? 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy ? between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can?t come quickly enough. Peter hasn?t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen?s father to protect her by staying away ? but that?s a promise he just can?t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers.

The film?s key behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Dan Mindel, production designer Mark Friedberg, editors Pietro Scalia and Elliot Graham, and costume designer Deborah L. Scott.

The latest chapter in the Spider-Man story is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014.

silverlocker.jpg

venom-locker.jpg

It's the third day of production on director Marc Webb's sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man and he just tweeted a new behind-the-scenes photo that shows off a metallic locker with the message Day 3. #happybirthday.

As revealed yesterday, the set appears to be somewhere in Oscorp labs and fans of Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley's "Ultimate Spider-Man" are likely to draw an immediate association between that locker and the comics' Oscorp lockers in which Peter Parker and Eddie Brock discover the experiment that becomes Venom. Could Webb be revealing an unexpected story arc that will be featured in the May 2, 2014 release or is this just a bit of misdirection?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99995

c?2074574=TYxAZNbfGAjyHzOF3Mh4NhPvhcQ

Felicity Jones Confirms Role In Marc Webb's THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2

In an interview with Dutch website RTL Netherlands, Felicity Jones has confirmed that she will indeed star in the highly anticipated sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man. The actress was previously mentioned as joining the cast along with Paul Giamatti, but was not confirmed as being a part of the sequel in the press release which was recently sent out by Sony Pictures to mark the start of filming. "I've never done a superhero movie. It's very nice to you as an actor in several worlds to go and to experiment," she told the site, refusing to reveal exactly who she will be playing in the movie. While it's possible that she will only have a small role in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, this secrecy - and the fact that the British actress is incredibly beautiful - has led many fans to speculate that Jones will be playing the Black Cat.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=74267

"I've never done a superhero movie. It's very nice to you as an actor in several worlds to go and to experiment," she told the site, refusing to reveal exactly who she will be playing in the movie.

Well that just sucks. Inquiring minds want to know.

capture.png

While there has been some speculation on who will be playing Norman Osborn in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, nothing was ever set in stone. That all changes today as The Hollywood Reporter has reported that actor Chris Cooper will be playing the Oscorp CEO. Variety first reported he joined the cast, but was unsure of what character he was playing.

In the comics, Norman famously becomes the Green Goblin. However, there are no plot details at this time to suggest that he will make an appearance in the film as the Goblin. Cooper joins the already jam packed cast that features returning stars Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, and Sally Field as Aunt May. Also rounding out the cast are new comers Jamie Foxx as Electro, Paul Giamatti as Rhino, and Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane. The film is set to hit theaters on May 2, 2014.

As The Amazing Spider-Man moves into its 19th day of production, director Marc Webb continues to reveal cryptic teases via his Twitter account. Unsurprisingly, this picture is just as mysterious as the 18 that have come before it, but if you take a closer look, you'll see that it may just be teasing Paul Giamatti's Rhino. The picture features a book of Russian ring tattoos and the #pravda hashtag is translated as meaning "Truth". As you will hopefully already know, The Rhino's real name is Aleksei Sytsevich, so it appears as if the sequel will keep this aspect of the character.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Wow I was so correct, on another site I saw leaked pictures of the new Spiderman costume oh wow :| So this is the answer that the costume would be made better later on, its funny that Raimi had it done correct the first time! This doesn't make the sequel amazing this is still the Ultimate Spiderman series not the Amazing or Spectacular.

• 2 weeks later...