IE9 issues

Seems no one either noticed or just hasn't been posted yet.

But the main site has a few little bugs that can be quite frustrating.

It used to work properly, but since a while there are 2 major things I've noticed.

pressing reply wont open up the reply box below the comment, but at the entire bottom.

pressing like will take you to the front-page.

Both these issues are not on IE10. Just IE9.

Running Windows 7 starter 32bit.

• Like 1

Can someone else with ie9 please test this? Would be appreciated :)

I just tested this in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with the same results.

There are tons of bugs on the site. Here are some to bring to your attention:

1. If I open the notifications menu in a new tab all it gives me is a blank white page. This is only a problem if you do it on the main page.

2. I recently changed my name and the name tag you can put in your sig (Like you have) did not change to represent my current user name. I contacted Neobond and David Legg several times but the issue has not been resolved. Many people have the same problem.

3. On the "more" tab, if you click on it it opens in a new window and list the options that are in the drop down menu. (Is it meant to do that?)

4. SLOW the last few days. It takes 30 seconds to like or submit a post.

[removed quote]

and why should they stop using IE if it's what suits them best?

OP: strange, but I'm not experiencing those problems on my end.

NVM. Damn it, I tested it on IE10. :p

Yeah no issues on IE10 either for some odd reason.

I just tested this in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with the same results.

There are tons of bugs on the site. Here are some to bring to your attention:

1. If I open the notifications menu in a new tab all it gives me is a blank white page. This is only a problem if you do it on the main page.

2. I recently changed my name and the name tag you can put in your sig (Like you have) did not change to represent my current user name. I contacted Neobond and David Legg several times but the issue has not been resolved. Many people have the same problem.

3. On the "more" tab, if you click on it it opens in a new window and list the options that are in the drop down menu. (Is it meant to do that?)

4. SLOW the last few days. It takes 30 seconds to like or submit a post.

Not sure about some of the bugs you listed, I barely use IE9 except when traveling and then I dont go any further then the frontpage usually. But most of the issues I've noticed around the site, werent there a while ago.

However I'll try and play with IE10 dev tools later

Edited by Denis W
  • Like 1

[removed quote]

As for IE9 issues and neowin, I still have the posting problem, I just copy refresh page and then re-post by using contrp+v and then hit post works now 98 out of 100 times.

Edited by Denis W
  • Like 1

Seems no one either noticed or just hasn't been posted yet.

But the main site has a few little bugs that can be quite frustrating.

It used to work properly, but since a while there are 2 major things I've noticed.

pressing reply wont open up the reply box below the comment, but at the entire bottom.

pressing like will take you to the front-page.

Both these issues are not on IE10. Just IE9.

Running Windows 7 starter 32bit.

I can not reproduce these problems. They seem javascript related. Did you clear cache?

Fixed

Yes, stay on topic or will have to get a moderator to start slapping people.

Will quote myself again from earlier in the thread, so we can get this issue the original poster asked about...... fixed.

Can someone else with ie9 please test this? Would be appreciated :)

Yes, stay on topic or will have to get a moderator to start slapping people.

Will quote myself again from earlier in the thread, so we can get this issue the original poster asked about...... fixed.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1110037-ie9-issues/page__view__findpost__p__595226825

IE 10 metro has serious graphical glitches: post-361542-0-91854200-1349418805_thumb.

Couldn't replicate that in my VM, could it be graphics driver related?

Couldn't replicate that in my VM, could it be graphics driver related?

IE10 metro doesn't show those kinda glitches to me either.

I can not reproduce these problems. They seem javascript related. Did you clear cache?

Yes I have. Even tried with dev tools. Seems like since today I've been having the exact same issues on IE10, which is my desktop, haven't visited neowin much on my home desktop for the last few days though, so might been a bit longer and go by unnoticed.. Entirely different machine.

Reply refreshes the page, takes me to the bottom of the entire comments section.

Liking a comment will take me to the index of the front-page.

Switching in dev tools to IE9, IE8 or IE7 doesn't seem to help much. Same issues

Been having issues on the following:

IE10desktop Win8 pro RTM 64.

IE10desktop Win RP 64.

IE9 Win7 SP1 32bit.

However on IE10Metro win8 pro RTM 64. Reply works fine, liking does too.

Weird.