HI

I d/l-ed and installed lh4051...but...Explorer.exe crashing a really lot. In every 1-2 MINUTES!! I know, it's alpha, but it not normal...4209's explorer crashed only 1-2 times in a DAY...

Should i use LeakFic? is it solve this problem? PLZ HELP!

KTamas

Im not surprised it keep crashing.... its taking up 336MB according to Task Man.

..no... wait its now.. 59MB ??? :wacko:

oh well i've seen enough, nice features all over but too slow atm.

What do you expect from an alpha with around 3 more years left of development? ;)

...and about a year of development and 6 milestone builds so far. It only has at most two years left of actual development if they plan to release it in late 2006, because they will have to finalize all the features by the end of 2005, for beta testing. So far, all the Longhorn alphas, including this one, have been very disappointing. I was expecting a revolution in the concept of Windows, but so far about 1% of that has actually been delivered. I hope they pick up the pace soon.. we're already 1/3 into the development of Longhorn.

Hopefully once Aero is "made public" we'll have something to cheer about.

*knocks on wood*

wont happen untill very close to the end of the development stages to prevent competition from stealing the concept. Just think of it this way if we can get our hands on longhorn builds apple probably can and so can linux crowds so they dont want to expose to much before they actually release the product. Thats why the pdc attendees arnt getting aero in the 4051 build...

I've been thinking of checking this out using a virtual pc.......but theres not really any point.

Use VMWare not VPC. I found out the hard way. Under VPC Setup locks up at hardware detection.

...and about a year of development and 6 milestone builds so far. It only has at most two years left of actual development if they plan to release it in late 2006, because they will have to finalize all the features by the end of 2005, for beta testing. So far, all the Longhorn alphas, including this one, have been very disappointing. I was expecting a revolution in the concept of Windows, but so far about 1% of that has actually been delivered. I hope they pick up the pace soon.. we're already 1/3 into the development of Longhorn.

What are you talking about? We've got Aero, Avalon, XAML, hundreds of new great features, what more could you want (other than bug fixes of course)?