Are you finding 4051 stable?

how stable is 4051 in your opinion?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. how stable is 4051 in your opinion?

• as a rock
    • its ok
    • its windowsME all over again!
    • other (please post)

http://69.50.228.116/Chris123NT/PDC_4051/LHGuide.html

Has anyone got a version of this that is not on an IP address please? I can't view IP addresses from work, cheers.

http://www.<< spam >>/Chris123NT/PDC_40...51/LHGuide.html

Edit: Why is that considered spam? :blink:

What is the minimum hardware requirement to run longhorn so that is not slow?

Longhorn 4051 System Requirements

300 MHz PII Processor or higher

256MB of RAM is STRONGLY recommended

At least 3.5 GB HDD Space

I once installed XP on a computer with those specs, and it ran really slow.

Tyler Durden said 1.2 GHz are not enough, and i was planning on installing it on my computer.

Do you think it would run fast enough?

P3, 1.1 GHz

320 MB RAM

40 GB IDE HD

how big is the download file anyway? :unsure:

Longhorn 4051 System Requirements

300 MHz PII Processor or higher

256MB of RAM is STRONGLY recommended

At least 3.5 GB HDD Space

I once installed XP on a computer with those specs, and it ran really slow.

Tyler Durden said 1.2 GHz are not enough, and i was planning on installing it on my computer.

Do you think it would run fast enough?

P3, 1.1 GHz

320 MB RAM

40 GB IDE HD

how big is the download file anyway? :unsure:

[edit] yeah, the min specs are damn low, i'd never even try to run 4051 on those specs. it would just crawl [/edit]

it'll run, but it might be painfully slow. i am still downloading my copy of it now...i'll let you know how it runs on mine:

p4, 1.8 ghz

512MB ram

40 gb hd

...i ran 4015 and 4029 pretty quick though.

the download size is 692 (or there abouts...692,XXX something...i don't member what the rest is)

;) ;)

IE 6.05 crashed only once so far and it's been running really slow on my PC. Then again, the minimum requirements is 600 MHz and I only got a 500 OC'd to 548 MHz! As for hard drive space, it is confirmed that installation will take up 2.9 GB. A full review will be written soon. :)

Its stable but, PIRATER BEWARE IF YOU INTALL LONGHORN 4051 YOU MUST REFORMAT TO GET THE INTERNET BACK!

No you don't... thats stupid.

And the first time I installed I hated it, I decided to install again and then used the tweak thing from NL and then i had it running smoothly but now the start bar lags and after i fix a problem i got to fix another.

Its stable but, PIRATER BEWARE IF YOU INTALL LONGHORN 4051 YOU MUST REFORMAT TO GET THE INTERNET BACK!

Stop trying to spread bull**** rumors. I dual boot it and internet works fine for both if a little slow in longhorn, why not actually try something before making sweeping bull**** lies about it, and your sig is too damn big

It dosen't block the internet. It has a damaged TCP/IP stack, and if you set a static ip, it fails. It's been running fine as my pri-os for about a week now.

it's a lot more stable than the previous leaks, though not perfectly. Even if it were though, i still wouldn't start using it until theres driver support.

Still holding stable and now with the EXPLORER.EXE memory leak fixed, LH 4051 runs at a decent speed on my PC, that is without the sidebar and with all the graphical effects. The only thing that is slow is my ADSL connection, operating at 1/4 - 1/3 the normal speed.

LH doesn't like winamp5 beta2 ...as least for me. caused explorer to fly up to around 150 MB of ram. lol. i've tried installing and uninstalling it 3 separate times now...maybe it's just my setup. just to let everyone know... ;) ;)

otherwise, this baby is running damn fast and stable here for about a week now. :woot: ...beta1 here we come :woot: ;)