CenDyne Announces 40X CD Recorder

i think all i'd ever need is a 50X (when they come out and if they are possible) and i'd be cool. My 24X is kicking right now so i don't need to upgrade but these 40X drives are looking real good... there's a plextor 40X out soon too.. or already out.. Wasn't it just the other day that TDK announced a 32X? It's moving so fast that i can't even keep up no more... usually it used to be months before something is outdated but now it's only days/weeks... yikes!

i know man, it's like every other week I hear something new coming out , making my system sound more ancient....

the other thing that keeps increasing a lot is storage. they keep adding more and more storage space to devices (pdas/harddrives/etc...)

i said that about my 16x to :) now i got me a plextor 24x and i say the same thing.. till you try a 40x er then you'll be like i'll just stick with my 40x.. then the next product. and so on and so forth..

I have a kind of funny story relating to this...

My friend decided that he'd try to beat me in our hardware race, which is basically just whoever has the better hardware is the leader, and bought a KT7A w/ AMD Duron 1GHz along with a GF2 MX400. This must've been the worst purchase he had ever made. I mean, I like what he bought, but the hardware didn't even want to work, and guess who's job it was to make it right...

I spent 6 hours the first night trying to get the second IDE chain working on it so the harddrive wouldn't have to sit directly below the CD-Rom on the main IDE. I finally got it working, but it would only support masters on both chains, which I later fixed as well.

Now, a few days later I countered with a KT7A-RAID w/ AMD TBird 1.4GHz along with a GF3 TI 200, but I also upgraded my CD-Burner to a TDK 24x10x40. Seeing as how I had done this, my friend decided to upgrade as well. Even though I told him that I didn't think his motherboard could handle it, seeing as how it was a piece of crap to start with, he still insisted on spending $200 to get the same burner.

Well, to make a long story short, his burner only burns at 2x speed (even though it says 24x). I just thought it was damn hilarious how for all these years I was the one who always ended up with the mutant hardware, and now how the tables had turned...

I feel ackward now... Oh well, don't think me wierd, I'm just bored and wanted to post the story, that's all. =)