Google's Nexus 7 selling a million units a month

While it was pretty clear that Asustek's Google-partnered Nexus 7 contributed heavily to the Taiwanese maker's healthy Q3 results, there was no official confirmation on its exact sales figures so far. Asustek CFO David Chang has now come clean and told the WSJ that the 7-incher is close to touching the one million per month mark, just about double the rate of sales at its launch

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/10/30/asustek-nexus-7-sales-approaching-1-million-a-month/

this little Nexus is killing it. I guess the numbers will increase even more now when they have the more memory version for same money which will make the existing ones drop.

Great stuff.

Speaking as a satisfied Nexus 7 owner I'm not surprised by its success. It's a really good tablet for a great price, and did rekindle my appreciation for Android. Consequently I'm going to be one of the first to order a Nexus 4 as soon as it is available.

http://blogs.wsj.com...illion-a-month/

this little Nexus is killing it. I guess the numbers will increase even more now when they have the more memory version for same money which will make the existing ones drop.

Great stuff.

killing what? Good sales for Google but what exactly is it killing?

Speaking as a satisfied Nexus 7 owner I'm not surprised by its success. It's a really good tablet for a great price, and did rekindle my appreciation for Android. Consequently I'm going to be one of the first to order a Nexus 4 as soon as it is available.

Haha, exactly the same for me.

I'm really thinking about getting a 16GB Nexus 7 when they drop down to $199 when the new size model comes out soon. As someone who spends alot of time laying down during the month due to pain and what not, having a tablet where I can game, browse, read, etc for this quality and price is near second to none imo. The only other tablet/whatever I'm even thinking about is the newer Kindle (possibly a Nook, but meh don't like their ecosystem, or lack thereof).