"Samsung Has No Intentions Of Negotiating With Apple."

Apple declared war on Samsung and Google, but especially Samsung and they are going to lose. It's only going to be a matter of time before they run out of money to keep fighting. They may have 45 billion in the bank, but that doesn't last forever. A $300 million dollar law suite here and another $200 million there will hurt. They need to just come to terms and accept that they are not the only ones that can make phones and devices. There is enough to go around for everyone.

That's like Papa Johns one day deciding to sue Dominos, Pizza Hut and every company out there that makes Pizza just because they all look like his. Its ridiculous.

• Like 2

I agreed when I heard that Apple and HTC had agreed to cross-license each other's patents, but when I heard HTC would be paying $6 a handset I turned on it, $6 is way way to high, a few cents per device is more than generous from how little some of these patients are e.g. rubber bounce.

Are they still butthurt on the $1 billion they have to pay up?

It's going to be more than that if they continue with this charade.

Apple declared war on Samsung and Google, but especially Samsung and they are going to lose. It's only going to be a matter of time before they run out of money to keep fighting. They may have 45 billion in the bank, but that doesn't last forever. A $300 million dollar law suite here and another $200 million there will hurt. They need to just come to terms and accept that they are not the only ones that can make phones and devices. There is enough to go around for everyone.

That's like Papa Johns one day deciding to sue Dominos, Pizza Hut and every company out there that makes Pizza just because they all look like his. Its ridiculous.

I think you got your numbers wrong. Apple has much, much more than 45 billion in the bank. I believe that number is close to 150 billion by now.

That $1 billion fine is going to get wiped out in appeal. There was clear juror misconduct so the whole thing will end up being thrown out for a retrial.

I wonder what kind of goodies Apple gave to the jurors in exchange for their verdict.

I wonder what kind of goodies Apple gave to the jurors in exchange for their verdict.

They didn't need to. They jury foreman led the rest to ignore the prior art, and from what I read, also owns a patent that Apple uses...

Plus, the trial should NEVER have been held in Apple's home town. A huge part of the populace either works for, or has relations connected to Apple in some way or other. The whole town is crawling with Apple fans.

Multiple articles found online in various places after the trial ended and he started to blab.

Can you link to one of them? I've read plenty that say he has a patent but none that say it is one that is licensed by Apple.

Not without doing some googling, which I really can't be bothered to do. I remember reading it, but not where. Think it was a link off one of the threads on here, but c'mon dude. That was weeks ago now!

Not without doing some googling, which I really can't be bothered to do. I remember reading it, but not where. Think it was a link off one of the threads on here, but c'mon dude. That was weeks ago now!

If you don't have a link then you don't have a link. I think you are using a certain amount of creative license because I've not heard this from the many sources I've read. Obviously a link would prove me wrong...

OK, quickly before I go to bed, the following article mentions it, and though it doesn't explicitly state Apple use it, considering what his patent actually IS, it's very unlikely that they're not. I likely put 2 & 2 together in my memory. Still, it's a pretty damning bit of information.

http://www.cultofmac.com/187833/patent-held-by-apple-vs-samsung-jury-foreman-could-spell-trouble-for-apple/

And why should Samsung when Apple was asking $30 - $40 per Samsung device. And HTC gets what...$6 - $8 per device? Get real Apple. Offer fair terms to begin with and this wouldnt of escalated this far. But no you saw how success full Samsung was and got greedy. What will be interesting to see is how well HTC does now that this mess is over and if confidence in the company increases. Could prove well and would be nice to see them back on top...or at least close to it.