Using Android 4.2...no December 2012 for you

The launch of Android 4.2 brought a welcome smattering of extra features to the mobile world, but a recently discovered bug omits something slightly important: namely, the month of December. Dive into the People app on any device using the new OS, and the last 31 days of the year will be unavailable for contacts' anniversaries and similar special occasions. Google is aware of the flaw, although it hasn't yet said when it will have a fix in place. We've reached out to get a more definitive timetable for a solution beyond just what's implied by the Gregorian calendar. In the meantime, don't lean too heavily on that smartphone to remember an imminent birthday; people born in December are stiffed out of enough presents as it is.

Story over at Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/18/android-4-2-bug-omits-december-from-the-people-app/

Oh boy, programmers and their issues with working with dates :p There always seems to be some time or date related bug popping up somewhere.

Dates and times are the bane of my life as a PHP programmer. You wouldn't believe how difficult they can be.

But leaving out a whole month? :laugh:

Could be worse. People could've missed alarms set to go off on New Years Day.

... actually no, this is worse. :whistle:

Google knows that the world ends in December 2012 :p

Exactly, they're just being helpful!!!

Finally, someone who hates December as much as I do. Bah Humbug. :p

Actually I hate January....everyone single one of my family has their birthday in January. It might seem like it is easy to remember but growing up it sucked as everyone's birthday got lumped together into one big party.

I hate working with Dates. Especially due to countries having different formats (ie: US/Canada). US like to have their month and days switched compared to Canada. I work and live in Canada, but a lot of our customers are American. I don't know how many times I have run into a problem with code that was caused by different date formats. I ended up using some built in C# DateTime code to determine us/canada.

bool american = (DateTime.Parse("01/02/2012").Month == "02");

so that I can re-arrange the date strings.