Touchscreen Problem With Nexus 7

I'm not up-to-date about tablets nor do I use one much, but my parents recently bought one and it seems like there's an issue with the touch screen. If I were to slightly poke the back leathery part (not hard) the touch screen intercepts it as if I were touching the screen, so is the back leathery part that sensitive? Because it's just unacceptable if I were to have it laying on my palm or thigh

Here's a video of it: https://dl.dropbox.c...0746/Nexus7.3gp

I have the touch feedback enabled, under debug mode, where it displays a white circle when an action occurs (pressing, click, etc...). It only happens to the left side and also, it some times randomly "clicks" even when I'm not touching it at all.

Forgot to mention, it just came out of the box so it's brand new.

Seems like a defect to me. Is it possible to exchange it?

The problem is that my parents thinks the flaw is part of the "advance" technology, so I'm trying my best to convince them that the Nexus 7 they got is definitely broken lol

Hah. Well I think they only way you're going to prove that is by exchanging it ;) Aside from searching the Internet for others who have this problem. Perhaps it's wide spread? Personally I haven't heard of any such issues with the Nexus 7.

• 1 month later...

I'm not up-to-date about tablets nor do I use one much, but my parents recently bought one and it seems like there's an issue with the touch screen. If I were to slightly poke the back leathery part (not hard) the touch screen intercepts it as if I were touching the screen, so is the back leathery part that sensitive? Because it's just unacceptable if I were to have it laying on my palm or thigh

Definitely hardware defect. RMA it.