[Release] iCandy Junior Shell32

u need to improve:pn ur english :p

i told u already:

MY ENGLISH IS MINE

so dont try to point that it is bad or good. i make my own enlglish, without any boundries and limitations. if u wanna know about it more, u need to meet me.. lolz:Dr />

:D

i left here..no more post for:no:noop! :no:

Awesome Icons and Awesome Shell! Thanks so much guys :D

My new shell! :woot:

To use the shell PrntSrcn:

Make sure first that u can view hidden folders and files.. in Windows Explorer.. Tools.. Folder Options..View..Show hiddden files and folders. and untick Hide extensions for known file types and untick hide operating system files.

Go to C:\WINDOWS\Service Pack Files\i386 and rename your shell32.dll to something like shell32-original.bak or shell32-original.dll

Also check in C:\WINDOWS\System32\DllCache for the other place the shell32.dll could be.

Now go to C:\WINDOWS\System32 and rename your shell32.dll to shell32-original.bak or shell32-original.dll

Will ask you to insert your windows xp disc.. click cancel to that .... then tick yes to keep the new unrecognised file.

Then copy the new shell dll over to your C:\WINDOWS\System32 ..... again will ask u about windows file protection...

Will ask to insert your windows xp disc.. click cancel to that .... then tick yes to keep the new unrecognised file.

Then your done with new shell! Reboot :woot:

Thats the way I do it anyways and have neverhad a problem ..goodluck.

@ hush - whats so same abt my r:unsure:gants? :unsure: I havent downloaded the gant shell, so i dont know. But i dont see anything wrong in my readme. What i've written in the readme is the same as in the first post. and ;)at elements? ;)

Read your Reame file...

;)u'll see ;)

ok i just read the readme of gants........

I dont like to keep things inside me so im letting it out.....

I dont understand whats the fuss all abt....

just coz gant's readme says its for sp1 (which ofcourse is) n has a disclamer too, does that mean i cant put them in my readme too :blink: and we both have said it in such different ways..... Its better to let people know its for SP1 only incase they didnt know and to be on the safe side if by chance anything still goes wrong on a SP1 system..... I dont really see y it wud be a big deal even IF IT WAS said the same way.......

Its just a README.......

ok i just read the readme of gants........

I dont like to keep things inside me so im letting it out.....

I dont understand whats the fuss all abt....

just coz gant's readme says its for sp1 (which ofcourse is) n has a disclamer too, does that mean i cant put them in my readme too :blink: and we both have said it in such different ways..... Its better to let people know its for SP1 only incase they didnt know and to be on the safe side if by chance anything still goes wrong on a SP1 system..... n yea we both have our shell names on top..... dont u put a title when u start a thread ;) I dont really see y it wud be a big deal even IF IT WAS said the same way.......

Its just a README.......

I may sound like an idiot, but this is my first time changing my shell32.dll, and instead of the different folder icons under Start>All Programs>:name of program group here: it has the little secret agent man icon with sunglasses. It does let me select a new icon for each one, but it seems like they would by default use something else. What am I doing wrong?

This is how your Readme file goes:

iCandy Junior Shell32

Atlast... The iconpackage was so much more easier lol. Ive nearly changed all the default icons by making even more icons out of the iCandy junior pack. You will see around 20 extra icons in the shell32 made from the icandy junior pack.

This pack is for Sp1 only. You can try it on a non-sp1 system if u like :p

Shell version 1233

If anything goes wrong with your system dont blame me, Its my first time making a shell32 :p

Avi's : Hush66

Icons : Foood (with permission)

Shell32 : ??Ṿ ?? ???g????

Enjoy :)

This pack includes almost everything I could find to replace. Almost all icons are GANT, with the exception of Printer, Keyboard and Sharing Overlay, but they still fit in nicely. This pack is for SERVER 2003 ONLY. But never fret, hyprnova is working on a non-sp port and I believe Armlann is working an sp1 port. Or you could port the files yourselves.

Update: An SP1 port has been made. However, it is just the Shell32.dll. See below for the link.

Permission for use of GANT and Umicons granted by mattahan.

Much thanks to mattahan for the most rockin' icon set ever! 

And a huge thanks to Kasteo for making a great SP1 conversion. 

Download for Server 2003 Shell32 Pack (v. 1.1):

Download at Bombshell Labs

Deviantart Mirror

Download for Windows XP Service Pack 1 Shell32.dll (v. FINAL) (by: Kasteo)

Deviantart Mirror

Comments, questions, bug reports, cash donations  much appreciated. 

Enjoy.

i love this shell, but wasn't it supposed to replace my icons? i had to use iconpackager to get it to change the bulk of the icons

Yes, it's supposed to change the bulk of your icons, without the help of Iconpackager. Did you rebuild your icon cache?

Yes, it's supposed to change the bulk of your icons, without the help of Iconpackager. Did you rebuild your icon cache?

when i used iconpackager i did, but that was already after i saw i was still using defaults

I read my readme. Anyways downloading gant shell pack to see;)hats so same ;)

Maybe you should;)ead it again ;)

iCandy Junior Shell32

Atlast... The iconpackage was so much more easier lol. Ive nearly changed all the default icons by making even more icons out of the iCandy junior pack. You will see around 20 extra icons in the shell32 made from the icandy junior pack.

This pack is for Sp1 only. You can try it on a non-sp1 system if u like

Shell version 1233

If anything goes wrong with your system dont blame me, Its my first time making a shell32

Avi's : Hush66

Icons : Foood (with permission)

Shell32 : ??Ṿ ??This pack includes almost everything I could find to replace. Almost all icons are GANT, with the exception of Printer, Keyboard and Sharing Overlay, but they still fit in nicely. This pack is for SERVER 2003 ONLY. But never fret, hyprnova is working on a non-sp port and I believe Armlann is working an sp1 port. Or you could port the files yourselves.

Update: An SP1 port has been made. However, it is just the Shell32.dll. See below for the link.

Permission for use of GANT and Umicons granted by mattahan.

Much thanks to mattahan for the most rockin' icon set ever!

And a huge thanks to Kasteo for making a great SP1 conversion. reat SP1 conversion.

Download for Server 2003 Shell32 Pack (v. 1.1):

Deviantart Mirror

Download for Windows XP Service Pack 1 Shell32.dll (v. FINAL) (by: Kasteo)

Deviantart Mirror

Comments, questions, bug reports, cash donations much appreciated.

Enjoy.

Ive read it more than once, i dont need to read it again.....

I still dont see any resemblance ;)

@ StaTiKMaT - thanx for pointing that out to me StaTiKMaT :) It was supposed to be the "folder blue windows" icon. I dont know how the security guy got in there lol.

update coming soon :)

possibility of explorer.exe, iexplorer.exe, mydocs.dll and url.dll in the update :)

hey foood. two questions. 1) are you planning on hosting any of the icon packageer files and shells on yrou site (cause that would rock) and 2) why foood and not just food?

@snowsugear. thnx. those insturctions worked grrreat!

love this work, cant wait for more files to be released! (if they are) cause that would just complete the job and makes things easier for me who is pretty lazy, lol.

as for the readme is was the first thing i noticed, the fact the readme was talking about gant icons, that permission was granted by mattahan and where u could download it i was pretty surprised, lol.

anyway keep up the great work!

hey foood. two questions. 1) are you planning on hosting any of the icon packageer files and shells on yrou site (cause that would rock) and 2) why foood and not just food?

@snowsugear. thnx. those insturctions worked grrreat!

1. Yea, maybe

2. I dunno? [Why PrntScrn & not Print Screen? :whistle:]