Small bits of info on windows 9(current build 9622)

A Taiwan MS guy said something about win9, it's not much,

http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread-1227974-1-1.html

Translation: Current build he got in his office is a alpha, build No. 9622

There's only some difference in the kernel, the general UI is still win8, which is expected to remain, and the desktop UI would become flatter, so there shouldn't be aero-glass coming back.

The guy added in a a later post, the kernel is expected to be 6.3.

Google translate does a decent job for anyone who wants to read it.

I read it, could it be true? I mean they would really have a windows 9 started already!? win8 is just out.

Someone said in a later post "He is a Microsoft official. . ." Regarding to the OP I think

Of course they are working on Win9 already - or at least something that will in some way become win 9, and 10, and 11. Why does this always surprise people? It won't be anything exciting to see!

I read it, could it be true? I mean they would really have a windows 9 started already!? win8 is just out.

It's entirely possible that they are working on Windows 9 now, but I wouldn't bother taking any of this information as fact. There is plenty of time for Microsoft to completely change everything if they wanted.

Of course they are working on Win9 already - or at least something that will in some way become win 9, and 10, and 11. Why does this always surprise people? It won't be anything exciting to see!

because I know nothing about software/OS development and I didnt know they would develop so much in advance

because I know nothing about software/OS development and I didnt know they would develop so much in advance

It takes a LONG time (many man-hours) to write and test an OS this complex. The design phase would have been underway for a while now.

They better not cave to the clueless and put the start button back, or if they do make it not on by default.

IKR? THINK OF THE CHILDREN! :laugh:

They better not cave to the clueless and put the start button back, or if they do make it not on by default.

I think "caving to the clueless" is a bit strong, but I agree that now that Micrsoft have chosen to lose it they should stick to their guns. There are plenty of 3rd party solutions for those of us that use the Start Menu.

Demanding that they don't put back a feature that a lot of people clearly want judging by the sales of start menu replacements just to satisfy you, who is the clueless one here?

IKR? THINK OF THE CHILDREN! :laugh:

The whole reason MS implemented Win 8 Metro style is to cater to the growing number of attention deficit children and adults. Large pictures/tiles of your apps, some of them changing real time just to keep your attention on the screen.

When it comes to productivity and efficiency... Win 8 is a whole different story....

When it comes to productivity and efficiency... Win 8 is a whole different story....

yep if they put it back in, it might look like an admission that there was a problem for the start screen for "Most" users.

Demanding that they don't put back a feature that a lot of people clearly want judging by the sales of start menu replacements just to satisfy you, who is the clueless one here?

a few tens of thousands start menu replacements sold, millions of windows 8 sold... umm right.

'

the start menu isn't coming back no need to worry or hope.

The whole reason MS implemented Win 8 Metro style is to cater to the growing number of attention deficit children and adults. Large pictures/tiles of your apps, some of them changing real time just to keep your attention on the screen.

Err no, that's not at all why they introducde metro

as for prouctivity and efficiency, yes you re right. Win8 is a whole different story and far more efficient and productive to use than 7 thanks to Metro.

yep if they put it back in, it might look like an admission that there was a problem for the start screen for "Most" users.

What MS should asks themselves is "Why change something that works?"

I understand improving upon it, but the whole new Metro style was the stupidest decision that Balmer had to sign off on... and it will probably cost him his job.

They could have done a new Tablet OS from scratch and not put a new UI on an old code and call it Win 8 or RT.

As a result Win 8 has a huge chunky footprint, it's inefficient, and plain unproductive for professional use.

I understand improving upon it, but the whole new Metro style was the stupidest decision that Balmer had to sign off on... and it will probably cost him his job.

They could have done a new Tablet OS from scratch and not put a new UI on an old code and call it Win 8 or RT.

As a result Win 8 has a huge chunky footprint, it's inefficient, and plain unproductive for professional use.

I wonder if someone who has seizures could get one if they got "The Seizure" virus which would open and close the home screen really fast?

Windows 8 is different and makes you rethink some of the things you are used to, but calling it unproductive for professional use is just silly

Once you get used to it, it's just as productive as Win7

I'd be willing to bet that Metro was not Balmer's idea, nor did he have any input other than to say "Yea looks good. Do it". Also as someone who's actually used Win8 for real work for most of the last year I can say that once you get used to it, it's really no more or less productive than any previous windows. But no "Win8 sux" right? /s

Err no, that's not at all why they introducde metro

I was being sarcastic, although there is some truth in it.

as for prouctivity and efficiency, yes you re right. Win8 is a whole different story and far more efficient and productive to use than 7 thanks to Metro.

I just signed off on purchasing 500 Win 7 desktop workstations, where I work.

We are skipping Win 8 upgrade for the simple reason of inefficiency and loss of productivity.

I am glad that there are brave and curious souls out there that are willing to work with anything new that's thrown at their plate.

Personally... actually by consensus, after using Win 8 for couple of months, we decided to stick with Win 7.

I work in the financial industry - R&D dept.

• Like 3

I'd be willing to bet that Metro was not Balmer's idea, nor did he have any input other than to say "Yea looks good. Do it".

Exactly... as CEO of MS he assumes the responsibility of any major decision.

Chairmen and board members will look at him for answers... not the Director of Product Strategy and Software Dev.

one of the things that drives me nuts about Windows 8 more than the lack of a start button is the lack of a "Computer" button. Yes, I know you can click the explore button and then click "computer" on the left, or you can right click the "Hidden" start button and choose computer, or you can just click start and search for it. I still miss an actual physical "Computer button"

The fact that you can search for it, but can only pin it to the start menu is retarded.

• Like 2

I was being sarcastic, although there is some truth in it.

I just signed off on purchasing 500 Win 7 desktop workstations, where I work.

We are skipping Win 8 upgrade for the simple reason of inefficiency and loss of productivity.

I am glad that there are brave and curious souls out there that are willing to work with anything new that's thrown at their plate.

Personally... actually by consensus, after using Win 8 for couple of months, we decided to stick with Win 7.

I work in the financial industry - R&D dept.

To be fair though, anyone in your position would buy 500 Windows 7 PC's. You can upgrade them later, if you want, and you don't have to worry about running into any show stopping bugs. A nice tidbit, but hardly relevant.