Surprised no one has started a thread on this yet.

Most parents limit their children's access to the internet - it's the same reason you don't see many topics discussing LazyTown or Barney The Friendly Dinosaur.

• Like 1

I was hoping they'd still use the iconic third-person overhead perspective. The graphics don't look impressive so hopefully they'll improve it.

Most parents limit their children's access to the internet - it's the same reason you don't see many topics discussing LazyTown or Barney The Friendly Dinosaur.

Pokemon games are an exception. A lot of people played older versions as kids and continue to buy new versions as they're released. The games may be aimed at kids but even adults can enjoy them.

Man, the good games were Blue, Red, and Yellow. Then they came out with an ass-load of pokemon. The original 150 (151 with Togepi) was awesome. Then it became silly.

• Like 2

Man, the good games were Blue, Red, and Yellow. Then they came out with an ass-load of pokemon. The original 150 (151 with Togepi) was awesome. Then it became silly.

gold and silver were my favorite, 2nd gen had a lot of good pokemon ... then everything after that just became trying too hard .. oh, and fighting fire, WAY too many of those now adays

I must be old, I thought Pokemon was a cartoon/role playing card game for 3-6 year olds,,

nah, before the pokemon card game had a chance to be popular yu-gi-oh rolled around and pushed them to the side :p

I think the game been in 3D ruins it, looks very tacky and doesn't feel like a Pokemon game at all from watching the video of it.

Pokemon is like Sonic and Worms, just stick to your roots which is 2D.

• Like 1

I think the game been in 3D ruins it, looks very tacky and doesn't feel like a Pokemon game at all from watching the video of it.

Pokemon is like Sonic and Worms, just stick to your roots which is 2D.

There have been a few 3d pokemon games (mostly for the 64). Such as pokemon Snap and the battle arena one.

When I clicked on this thread I assumed that X and Y were variables...now I am not so sure. I am still hoping those aren't the final names.

There have been a few 3d pokemon games (mostly for the 64). Such as pokemon Snap and the battle arena one.

Indeed i had Pokemon Colosseum for the GameCube years ago, didnt really think it worked in 3D. Could just be me but i always found part of the appeal was it was 2D i guess.

I'm glad to see they're finally moving to a proper fully 3d world. After 15+ years of being stuck in the 90s style 2d topdown, it's very long overdue. Also it's really nice to finally see animated and 3d battles.

Finally release a 3D Pokemon game that has been long over-due and they release it on the damn 3DS?... Well, looks like I'll have to buy a 3DS, which is exactly what they want me to say :(. You used to be cool, Nintendo!

Finally release a 3D Pokemon game that has been long over-due and they release it on the damn 3DS?... Well, looks like I'll have to buy a 3DS, which is exactly what they want me to say :(. You used to be cool, Nintendo!

Of course it's for the 3ds. A main series pokemon game is highly unlikely to ever appear on a console. This game also wouldn't happen on the ds likely due to the limitations of the hardware.

I liked (and expected) the direct stream.. Had big smiles on my face when I saw the version intro's one by one knowing full well it was a soft let down to DS owners that this would be a 3ds exclusive :)

It looks awesome, I actually like the grainy 3d look as its a throw back to the old art style. I'm hoping they make it a little more interactive with online play. It'd be nice to have a few hub cities where randoms can hang and battle and maybe even take the pokemon league to another level with some online features!