Men with assault rifles walk through Portland, 'educate' public

In the last 3 days in this area a veteran just returned from A'stan was mugged, shot and killed by a carjacker - what's becoming a popular sport in Detroit. Not long after that a cabbie was robbed at an intersection -he was killed and his female passenger wounded.

Around here the unarmed are killed & eaten.

As to carrying open; compact & full sized pistols run from 21 to 40 ounces. If during spring/summer you are wearing light clothing that ghing will be obvious no matter if it's inside or outside of your pants.

Then there are shoulder holsters, common when wearing a suit, tux or blazer. Take off ghe jacket and concealed carry is instantly open carry.

Women have it easier. My daughter & wife carry their compact sized pistols in thigh holsters under their skirts or in s bra holster that attaches in front between the cups. When wearing pants theu carry in a fanny pack holster.

Wow buddy, Michigan sounds worse than Africa. Why you still live there?

Where the hell do you live in PA that it is necessary to carry a gun?

And wherever that is, can I make a recommendation. Move.

I mean seriously. If your area is that bad, time to move somewhere that is not.

And I live in NJ. Sure, there are some bad parts. hell, my place of birth Newark, NJ, is one of them. So you know what I do. Avoid those parts.

So in my 36 years on this planet living in NJ, I have seen a gun pulled out a total of 1 time. That was at some house party in college and dude thought he was being a tough guy. Never seen a gun any other time in my life, and I grew up in Newark, Elizabeth, then central NJ. The first 2 places are not tourist attractions by any stretch of the imagination.

So sorry, I just do not buy it. if you live somewhere that bad, move.

I love how its somehow acceptable for people to be told to move from their homes, but its not acceptable to say "Find another job" when your fast food job doesnt pay enough.

Dont get upset, Im not saying *you* specifically did that, but your post was convenient because its of the same mindset.

Then the public needs to educate themselves better about what is a legal act and what is not, so that they dont call 911 for no reason.

Those that called to report these guys need to be charged with unlawful use of the 911 services, its for reporting emergencies, not to spam dial because you are scared.

I see the media still doesnt know what an "Assault rifle" is and still tries to label AR-15's as such, idiots.

How is public supposed to figure out the if they were "the good guys with guns"? If I was around there, I would have called 911 too. The right to bear arms is outdated and doesn't belong in today's day and age.

How is public supposed to figure out the if they were "the good guys with guns"? If I was around there, I would have called 911 too. The right to bear arms is outdated and doesn't belong in today's day and age.

They were supposed to wait until they got shot at, at which point they should have got their own guns and shot back. Why do you need police when everyone has guns.

Yes, they were within their rights, broke no laws, did nothing wrong at all. Yet somehow in your fantasy land, they are irresponsible.

You just aren't happy until blood flows in the streets with these stories so you can stand on your soapbox are you?

He lives in a land where defending yourself against an intruder is "murder" because you didn't "warn" them first.

Strange... according to pro gun nuts, these guys should've been out protecting the civilians from criminals and saving lives, not being attention ######.

I never said anything about them going crimefighting?

my mistake. at this point, the anti gun nut's argument is so out of reality its hard to keep you kids apart.

He lives in a land where defending yourself against an intruder is "murder" because you didn't "warn" them first.

No we are just evolved enough to know you don't kill someone 'just because'

my mistake. at this point, the anti gun nut's argument is so out of reality its hard to keep you kids apart.

This is your 'sensable conversation' is it?

• Like 1

They were supposed to wait until they got shot at, at which point they should have got their own guns and shot back. Why do you need police when everyone has guns.

How is that different from what the 911 operator is trained to tell you, which is do nothing until police arrive. It is what I was told when I caught someone breaking into my house. My right to live > criminals right to live. Police take 15+ minutes to respond in many places. Stop saying that criminals should have more rights than law abiding citizens. Makes you seem like another brainwashed left winger.

Well then what's the educational value of people carrying their guns and walk down the street?

Did they make a speech about the guns, why they own guns, how they gonna use their guns, and be friendly to everyone?

• Like 2

Do you call police every time there is no crime committed?

Oh good, the "outdated" argument, if anything your claim is outdated kid, it has every bit as much relevance today as it ever has, probably more.

Well then what's the educational value of people carrying their guns and walk down the street?

Did they make a speech about the guns, why they own guns, how they gonna use their guns, and be friendly to everyone?

Read the article and you would understand.

Oh good, the "outdated" argument, if anything your claim is outdated kid, it has every bit as much relevance today as it ever has, probably more.

Crime prevention, if you see someone acting shifty you phone the police and they come to investigate.

You guys like your what ifs, what if the guy who saw them did nothing and the kids then decided to start shooting people in the neighbourhood, when you could have called the cops and potentially stopped it.

Going out with rifles days after mass shootings is ridiculously moronic.

No we are just evolved enough to know you don't kill someone 'just because'

Self defense isnt "just because" but that slips by you since you have no right to do so anymore doesn't it.

Also drop that elitist attitude crap, "evolved"...please... don't presume to act like anyone's better, you have yet to come close to proving you deserve that spot, and if you were to rely on natural selection for that award, you are going to be waiting a LONG time.

Read the article and you would understand.

I did read the article, that's why I'm asking.

Besides the usual "2nd Amendment Rights" repeated ad nausea, is there anything else new and educational to non gun owners?

It's even worse than FPSRussia youtube channel in terms of educational value.

Self defense isnt "just because" but that slips by you since you have no right to do so anymore doesn't it.

Also drop that elitist attitude crap, "evolved"...please... don't presume to act like anyone's better, you have yet to come close to proving you deserve that spot, and if you were to rely on natural selection for that award, you are going to be waiting a LONG time.

Yes, in your guys mind, "evolved" needs a gun.

• Like 1

They should have at least been carrying around signs or something stating what they were doing instead of walking around like a couple of ****ing nuts.

They are lucky that they weren't shot by someone.

• Like 2

They should have at least been carrying around signs or something stating what they were doing instead of walking around like a couple of ****ing nuts.

They are lucky that they weren't shot by someone.

No.....in their mind they are doing good deeds, and they are rambo heroes. How dare you common people can't read my mind and my fantasy.

• Like 3

Crime prevention, if you see someone acting shifty you phone the police and they come to investigate.

You guys like your what ifs, what if the guy who saw them did nothing and the kids then decided to start shooting people in the neighbourhood, when you could have called the cops and potentially stopped it.

Going out with rifles days after mass shootings is ridiculously moronic.

So you call 911 when you see a man on the same street as a woman? After all, its just crime prevention, he has all the equipment to rape her, so he is probably getting ready to do so right?

If they were waving the firearms around, thats cause to report it.

You are so coddled and misled by "the police will protect me" you dont even know whats legal and to be reported and what isnt, would you still report them if they were carrying rifle cases on their backs too?

If they were in poor taste or not is irrelevant, fact is, they broke no law, and the police are not legally allowed to harass them when no crime is comitted, that little thing called the 4th amendment is a real pain in the ass to cops and scared civillians when they dont like how someone looks and it makes them nervous.

So you call 911 when you see a man on the same street as a woman? After all, its just crime prevention, he has all the equipment to rape her, so he is probably getting ready to do so right?

Well we human is not like machine. We have body language. If a woman is screaming and trying to run AWAY from the man, then yes, you should call 911.

If a woman is have a sweet time walking in the rain with the man, then don't call 911.

Sorry I have to spell it out for you since you failed to understand the differences between human and machine.

Well we human is not like machine. We have body language. If a woman is screaming and trying to run AWAY from the man, then yes, you should call 911.

If a woman is have a sweet time walking in the rain with the man, then don't call 911.

Sorry I have to spell it out for you since you failed to understand the differences between human and machine.

Yet you seem to think that those "machines" are going to jump off those carriers backs and randomly start killing people.

You claim I have problems understanding the difference? Pot, meet kettle.

Go back under your bridge till you have something relevant to add.

Yeah I do my duties as a responsible person, for example I called 911 about two weeks ago when I saw a car down the highway at midnight. What was the guarantee that those guys had only good intention in mind especially when they were carrying ARs in public for no apparent reason?

Yeah the outdated argument, prove me wrong. If you think you can school others by referring them as "kid" then good luck with your life. You most probably wasted your "adult" years. (jumping to conclusions FTW, right?)

• Like 3

Yet you seem to think that those "machines" are going to jump off those carriers backs and randomly start killing people.

You claim I have problems understanding the difference? Pot, meet kettle.

Go back under your bridge till you have something relevant to add.

Yes you have problems. Apparently I live under a bridge. Is that the best you can come up with? Nothing to counter my argument just insert lame retort every time?

Can't wait to see you leading your rambo warriors take the land back from the evil government. O wait maybe you'll be the first one hand over the guns...(jumping to conclusions???)

• Like 2

Yeah I do my duties as a responsible person, for example I called 911 about two weeks ago when I saw a car down the highway at midnight. What was the guarantee that those guys had only good intention in mind especially when they were carrying ARs in public for no apparent reason?

Yeah the outdated argument, prove me wrong. If you think you can school others by referring them as "kid" then good luck with your life. You most probably wasted your "adult" years. (jumping to conclusions FTW, right?)

You dont need a "guarantee" you need to myob when no law is being broken, its a waste of cops time and resources, there is nothing suspicious when someone is transporting a firearm legally.

You are the one claiming RKBA is outdated when its the law, the onus is on you to prove otherwise bud, yet there is nothing to prove your claim.

Since SCOTUS has affirmed that the 2nd and RKBA is an individual right, Id say you have some work to do.

As a side note, I will apologize for calling you "kid", your assumption on RKBA being outdated is an old argument, and usually one that only the newest and most uninformed jump on as reasoning to "ban guns!" so I naturally assumed you were much younger. Sorry.

FWIW, I feel I did waste more of my adult years then I would have preferred (probably arguing on the internet), but it happens and I can recognize and accept that and change as I can, hah :p

You dont need a "guarantee" you need to myob when no law is being broken, its a waste of cops time and resources, there is nothing suspicious when someone is transporting a firearm legally.

You are the one claiming RKBA is outdated when its the law, the onus is on you to prove otherwise bud, yet there is nothing to prove your claim.

Since SCOTUS has affirmed that the 2nd and RKBA is an individual right, Id say you have some work to do.

As a side note, I will apologize for calling you "kid", your assumption on RKBA being outdated is an old argument, and usually one that only the newest and most uninformed jump on as reasoning to "ban guns!" so I naturally assumed you were much younger. Sorry.

FWIW, I feel I did waste more of my adult years then I would have preferred (probably arguing on the internet), but it happens and I can recognize and accept that and change as I can, hah :p

It's legal to walk around holding firearms which can be pointed at someone's head and kill them in a fraction of a second, and people are just expected to walk around and ignore that.

That law is about as backwards as any sharia law I've ever heard of. Crazy fruitcakes.

It's legal to walk around holding firearms which can be pointed at someone's head and kill them in a fraction of a second, and people are just expected to walk around and ignore that.

That law is about as backwards as any sharia law I've ever heard of. Crazy fruitcakes.

You know, the gun owners are very confident that they won't snap, they won't shoot at anyone, and they don't have power fantasies. What they doing is protecting our fellow citizens.