Mobster Says He Knows Location of Hoffa's Body

Hum

An aging mobster who was once a high-ranking member of Detroit?s La Cosa Nostra organized crime family reportedly knows where labor union leader Jimmy Hoffa is buried.

NBC 4 New York reports that Tony Zerilli, 85, said Hoffa was buried in a field in suburban Detroit, about 20 miles north of the restaurant where he was last seen in July 1975.

?All this speculation about where he is and he?s not," Zerilli told the station. "They say he was in a meat grinder. It?s all baloney."

Zerilli said Hoffa?s final resting place is in a field in Michigan?s northern Oakland County. He was buried in a shallow grave and the plan was to move the body at another time, but Hoffa's remains were never moved from the first spot where they were buried, he said.

"Once he was buried here, he was buried and they let it go,? Zerilli said.

Former U.S. Attorney Keith Corbett, who prosecuted organized crime in Detroit for 20 years, said Detroit's Mafia families are related in addition to their sworn bonds. That's one reason the mystery of what happened to Hoffa has gone unsolved, he said.

?Organized crime was involved in the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa,? Corbett said.

Hoffa said he was going to meet a suspected member of the Detroit Mafia and a Teamster boss from New Jersey at a restaurant in suburban Detroit when he disappeared in July 1975. Hoffa, who was 62 at the time, was never seen again and was declared legally dead in 1982.

source

• 1 month later...
+warwagon

Oh, I thought he was burred in my back yard. If it's not him, then I wonder what the giant grave was for :D

compl3x

OK. Go and dig him up.

Growled

I suspected something like this all along.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rich Woods
      Verizon launches 5G in four more cities
      by Rich Woods

Today, Verizon announced that it's launching its 5G Ultra Wideband network in four more cities, as it continues to expand. You'll now be able to use the service in parts of Washington D.C., Atlanta, Detroit, and Indianapolis. This adds on top of the five cities where Verizon's 5G is already available, including Chicago, Minneapolis, Denver, Providence, and St. Paul.

Verizon says that you can get 5G in public places where there tend to be a lot of people; in other words, it's in spots where 4G LTE networks can get congested. For example, you'll get 5G in the National Mall in Washington, D.C. None of this technology works indoors, since Verizon is using millimeter wave bands, rather than sub-6GHz bands.

Here are the details of where you'll get 5G in the four new cities:

Verizon currently has a wide selection of 5G devices to choose from as well, or at least as wide of a selection as it gets right now. The company is selling the LG V50 ThinQ, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, and you can use a Moto Z3 or Moto Z4 with a 5G Moto Mod. There's also the Inseego MiFi M1000 if you want to pick up a hotspot.

• By techbeck
      DETROIT ?  A suburban Detroit man who said he fatally shot an unarmed woman on his porch out of fear prompted by relentless early morning pounding on his doors faces up to life in prison after jurors rejected his claim of self-defense.

Theodore Wafer was convicted Thursday of second-degree murder after a nine-day trial that centered on whether the 55-year-old had a reasonable and honest belief that his safety was in peril.

"I don't know why this was brought to me," Wafer testified this week. "I didn't go out looking for this."

No one knows why Renisha McBride ended up at Wafer's Dearborn Heights home about 4:30 a.m. on Nov. 2, though prosecutors speculated the 19-year-old may have been seeking help. She had been out with a friend hours earlier before crashing her car in Detroit around 1 a.m. and an autopsy found she was extremely drunk.

Wafer opened the front door and shot McBride in the face, firing through a screen door while she stood on the other side. He first suggested to police that it was an accident but later admitted to intentionally pulling the trigger..

"This was a monster that killed her. All he had to do was call 911," instead of shooting, said McBride's aunt, Bernita Spinks.

The jury convicted Wafer of murder, manslaughter and a gun-related charge after deliberating eight hours over two days. He faces up to life in prison when he returns to court on Aug. 25 but would be eligible for parole after serving whatever minimum sentence is ordered.

More....
      http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/08/detroit-area-man-who-shot-woman-on-porch-convicted-murder-after-jury-rejects/
    • By Hum
      At one point, the Stroh family was one of the richest in America.

Dolan started with the founding father - Bernard Stroh, who emigrated from Germany to Detroit in 1850. All he had in his pocket was a $150 and a beer recipe. He took that and started selling brews door to door out of a wheelbarrow and eventually that led to a bigger company - Stroh?s Beer.

The company had built up a loyal clientele in the Midwest. In 1980, fourth generation family member Peter Stroh became CEO and went on an acquisition spree. He purchased F&M Schaefer in 1981 and Joseph Schlitz Brewing in 1982. The deals made Stroh?s the third largest brewery in the country.

At the time, Forbes put together a list of the great family fortunes, and the Stroh family came in as one of the richest families in the country. Based on the value of the brewery, they were worth as much as $700 million in 1988. Dolan reports that just by matching the S&P 500, the family would currently be worth about $9 billion.

Dolan says now in hindsight, family members told her when they acquired Schlitz, ?it was like a minnow swallowing a whale.? Stroh's had one plant; Schlitz had 6. The sheer volume of the deal overwhelmed the Stroh?s company. It had taken on too many different brands and too much debt and lacked the marketing muscle to compete on a national level with rivals Anheuser Busch and Miller.

Peter Stroh made more disastrous purchases, changed marketing strategies and even tried to diversify. Nothing worked and eventually Stroh's was sold to Pabst for $350 million. He took a bet on biotechnology and one on Detroit real estate, rather than fix the core beer business. The company lost millions more.

By 1999, there was so much concern that the company would even be able to make interest payments on its debt, that it sold itself for scraps.Miller Brewing bought some of the brands, while Pabst came in and bought the rest at around $350 million.  Most of that went into debt service and employee pension fund liabilities.The rest when into a fund for the family that gave out checks until 2008 when it ran out.

Peter?s brother Eric worked in the brewery and then quit after a fight with the CEO. Eric Stroh's daughter, Frances, told Dolan, ?Her father liked to spend money on antiques, guns, guitars, cameras.

It?s a cautionary tale on how to squander a great American fortune. Based on the story, we asked Dolan what she took away from the riches to rags story. Dolan replied, ?When I inherit a beer company, I will be very careful about expanding it.?

more & video
    • By techbeck
      Video in source my be graphic for some....

? UPDATE: Crowd stole motorist's money, credit cards after beating him unconscious

A man who accidentally hit an 10-year-old boy with his pickup on Wednesday on Detroit?s east side remains hospitalized in critical condition after he was beaten by a large group of men, police said.

The 54-year-old Roseville man got out to check on the boy after the accident at about 4:10 p.m. near a gas station at Morang and Balfour streets. Then a large group of men assaulted the man, according to Detroit police Sgt. Michael Woody.

?My understanding is that it was a low-speed accident. It was exactly that ? just an accident,? Woody said, adding that the boy stepped off a curb in front of the truck. ?The man did try to stop and render aid. He did everything he could exactly right.?

More and Video in source....

http://www.freep.com/article/20140403/NEWS01/304030067/Driver-beaten-boy-hit-Detroit-east-side

Stories like this really instill my faith in humanity.  Hope they catch everyone who beat this guy and stick it to them.