Creepy Enema Tampering [NSFW]

JANUARY 18--A Florida man faces upwards of 10 years in federal prison after pleading guilty this week to a revolting product tampering scheme in which he returned used enemas to the CVS pharmacy where he purchased the items.

Ronald Robinson, 35, entered his guilty plea to a single felony tampering charge during an appearance Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Jacksonville. A sentencing date has not been set for Robinson, who has been jailed since last year.

As detailed by prosecutors in a January 16 court filing, Robinson?s tampering occurred between April and June 2012 and involved his repeated purchase of enemas (six to a box) from a CVS in Jacksonville.

After using the enemas, Robinson (seen in the above mug shot) placed them back into their boxes, resealed the containers, and returned the products for refunds. The used enemas were then reshelved by CVS workers and later sold to other customers.

Robinson was collared after a CVS employee became suspicious about the frequency with which he was returning enema packages. On one occasion, Robinson told the worker that he had purchased the enemas for his mother, but ?she no longer needed them,? according to a Jacksonville Sheriff?s Office report. When the worker examined the returned box, he ?observed that all the enemas were used? and that the bottom of the package had been ?re-glued?so that it appeared that it had not been opened.?

A Food and Drug Administration doctor advised federal investigators that infections and communicable diseases -- like HIV, salmonella, and the hepatitis B and C viruses--could be transmitted via used enemas.

more

10 years federal prison for being a low level douchebag?

Seems like the Pharmacy was too lax in inspecting the returned product first and are trying to cover themselves for reselling it when they should have inspected it first.

For all the guy knew, it was going to go back to the manufacturer or be thrown out as there was evidence of tempering on the box.

Petty theft at best.

Seems like the Pharmacy was too lax in inspecting the returned product first and are trying to cover themselves for reselling it when they should have inspected it first.

For all the guy knew, it was going to go back to the manufacturer or be thrown out as there was evidence of tempering on the box.

Petty theft at best.

no matter how bad it sounds I gotta agree with this

the pharmacy should have really inspected the products better or yes not allow returns for a product such as this at all

>

Petty theft at best.

Nope - product tampering is a serious felony under the Federal Anti-Tampering Act. Penalties run from 10 years for generic to life if there's a fatality.

Nope - product tampering is a serious felony under the Federal Anti-Tampering Act. Penalties run from 10 years for generic to life if there's a fatality.

I agree that it is against federal law, what I'm saying is that I don't 100% agree with the law, in that it is too broad. To me, it is a matter of intent. Did he actually do this to try and get on the shelves undetected in the hope that someone else would use it without noticing his fecal matter, or did he do it to save money or to gross someone out (e.g. It is OBVIOUSLY USED, as you can see Fecal matter all over the product once opened. If he was really trying to pass it off as unused to get someone to reuse it, fair enough Federal Law against tampering is a far call. If he was just being an idiot without intent for anyone to actually re-use it, then I think it is excessive.

HIV, salmonella, and the hepatitis B and C viruses--could be transmitted via used enemas.

Let's hope the convict had none of these and no one became infected.

What. The. ****? O.o :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x ~