WindowsAndroid - Run Android from Windows as a native app

Capture.PNG

• WindowsAndroid is Android running with Windows kernel!
  • It does not run by a simulator (such as VirtualBox), it's on real machine, so it's fast!
  • It keeps full Android capabilities. You can run all Android apps, including 3D games!

-------------

• Current ported Android version is 4.0.3r1, new version is being developed.
  • Can run on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
  • Has exactly the same user experience with the original Android 2.
  • Integrated with Windows? applications, such as Flash, Windows Media Player, etc.
  • Supports any UI resolution, such as 1920?1080
  • Supports windowing mode or full-screen mode, window scaling in windowing mode, and switching between windowing mode and full screen mode.
  • Supports IO devices such as mouse, keyboard, remote control.
  • Supports Ethernet, pppoe.

The interesting thing of this is that generally whatever you can do in Android, you can do in WindowsAndroid. Web Browsing, etc... not just run Android apps!

To get an early release of WindowsAndroid, you first have to fill out the download form (make sure to provide a valid email address) and grab the hefty 64.8MB installer via the download link you receive in your inbox. WindowsAndroid takes up about 300MB and comes with a cute Android robot icon. Firing it up presents you with a command prompt that loads all the components and then this familiar screen:

Download Mirror: http://www.androidfi...288116658471029

Note: Screenshot is from my machine running this and it is fast indeed

• Like 3

Man I wish this was available about 2 or 3 months ago (or at least I wish I knew about it)

I just wanted to try something just like this for my, now scrapped laptop

Detection, would you mind pmming me the link for future use?

Detection, would you mind pmming me the link for future use?

PM'd ;)

it crashes on my pc...

Tried running it as Admin?

I can just run it normally and its fine

EDIT - This is what CMD says when it is running on mine, maybe someone can compare and see if you need to install or enable some windows feature

Capture.PNG

This is probably be the x86 port of Android, a lot of Apps are still ARM-exclusive.

Not sure, I remember last time I played with the x86 versions they stated that's what they were in About Tablet

Here is this one

Capture.PNG

This is probably be the x86 port of Android, a lot of Apps are still ARM-exclusive.

Not really, I got the RAZRi (x86 atom) and I can say that almost every app runs without problems, except perhaps for some games like Chaos Rings 1 and 2 (They both FC) other than that I have yet to find a program that FCs on me.

It works, it's pretty cool.

1. How do I install Google Apps, I need a market.

2. How do I make it full screen?

It works, it's pretty cool.

1. How do I install Google Apps, I need a market.

2. How do I make it full screen?

Im trying to find a market.apk online and using the browser to download it, will report back if I work it out

Not sure if Google Play will install as a normal .apk though, might have to be a different market

Not sure about full screen yet but in the dev tools you can see the configuration for the screen size, im guessing a root file manager would be able to edit it in build.prop maybe?

EDIT - Im downloading an APK from XDA but it doesn't seem to ever want to complete the download

Might be able to add apps to the ROM manually in here

C:\SocketeQ\windowsandroid_root\system\app

Yep it shows them in the apps draw but they don't work.... progress though

This is buggy as heck. I can't go to some websites without it force crashing. Going into the security tab under settings force crashes the whole android system. It's cool, but useless.

Im trying to find a market.apk online and using the browser to download it, will report back if I work it out

Not sure if Google Play will install as a normal .apk though, might have to be a different market

Not sure about full screen yet but in the dev tools you can see the configuration for the screen size, im guessing a root file manager would be able to edit it in build.prop maybe?

EDIT - Im downloading an APK from XDA but it doesn't seem to ever want to complete the download

Might be able to add apps to the ROM manually in here

C:\SocketeQ\windowsandroid_root\system\app

Yep it shows them in the apps draw but they don't work.... progress though

Don't you usually need to flash the gapps to the device using recovery?

If we could get a file manager working we might be able to install a few more apps just using their .apks

I got the Play Store this far by adding "Everyone" to the .apk permissions

Capture.PNG

Don't you usually need to flash the gapps to the device using recovery?

Yep exactly, although I remember some Google Play updates could be installed by moving them to system/apps with a root file manager, problem is though, setting permissions is impossible without a file manager

EDIT -

Did anyone find the monkey yet :p

Works with me on Windows 8... but not on 7?????? and yes, is fast but it force closes a lot... still, this is just great :D

if you wanted, I could make a link and host it somewhere for you if all you need is a link to click or a file to download?

OR is the problem that the .apk doesn't exist on the web, only on the androids as new?

if you wanted, I could make a link and host it somewhere for you if all you need is a link to click or a file to download?

OR is the problem that the .apk doesn't exist on the web, only on the androids as new?

I did the same thing but thanks, yea it just hangs on downloading and never completes

I've got the market working. However when attempting to download, is states:

1359254847.jpg

How did you manage that ?

If you can do the same for a file explorer we might be home dry, just putting .apks into a folder in the install dir then installing them via the file manager

It won't even start for me, crashes all the time on start.

Try running from it's home folder in C: and running as Admin.

Works with me on Windows 8... but not on 7?????? and yes, is fast but it force closes a lot... still, this is just great :D

Works for me on 7 x64. I have to run it from the program folder in C: though. Not the link.

System apps aren't usually able to be installed by just selecting to install like that. They have to be added differently to the phone.

Took the ICS gapps zip, opened it and copied the system folders to the correct folders on my system. Reboot.

Ah clever, cheers will give that a shot

Any luck with a file explorer ?