Officials at an elementary school in small-town Michigan impounded a third-grader boy?s batch of 30 homemade birthday cupcakes :huh: because they were adorned with green plastic figurines representing World War Two soldiers.

The school principal branded the military-themed cupcakes ?insensitive? in light of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

?It disgusted me,? Casey Fountain, the boy?s father, told Fox News. ?It?s vile they lump true American heroes with psychopathic killers.?

Fountain explained that his wife had made the cupcakes. His son, Hunter, helped decorate them. The following morning, Fountain?s wife brought the taboo treats to the school?s front office, where the secretary reportedly remarked favorably on their appearance.

?About 15 minutes later the school called my wife and told her they couldn?t serve the cupcakes because the soldiers had guns,? Fountain said. ?My wife told them to remove the soldiers and serve the cupcakes anyway ? and I believe she may have used more colorful language.?

?We?re just taking political correctness too far,? the angry father added.

In a statement to local media, Schall Elementary School principal Susan Wright Susan Wright doubled down on her school?s bold stand against little green men that represent American soldiers.

?These are toys that were commonplace in the past,? Wright said. ?However, some parents prohibit all guns as toys. In light of that difference, the school offered to replace the soldiers with another item and the soldiers were returned home with the student.?

?Living in a democratic society entails respect for opposing opinions,? the principal also said. ?In the climate of recent events in schools we walk a delicate balance in teaching non-violence in our buildings and trying to ensure a safe, peaceful atmosphere.? :rolleyes:

more

all boys play with toy soldiers, you know what i give up with this world either treads on egg shells about stuff or stamps on them with other stuff. cant tread on eggshells about an elemetary school shooting when your watching your country blowing up **** abroad. its rediculous

senator feinstein in washington has stated that all current american veterans have PTSD and cannot be trusted. this is what the liberals think of our veterans and wish to teach our kids.

in another case, a teacher noticed that a 9 year old child had taken two bites out of his pita bread lunch, making the remaining bit he was holding look like a gun. she hauled him in front of the principal who called the police and had him arrested for making a threatening statement. zero tolerance doesn't work both ways, these jerks feel they have the right to do this stuff to us and our children 'for our own good'.

you must learn not only to obey, but to love big brother.

?Living in a democratic society entails respect for opposing opinions,?

more

Except when that opinion is soldiers are heroes and it's not a big deal to display them in such a manner?