We?ll Hear About Battlefield 4 This Month. It Better Have Rain In It.

Source: Kotaku

Here's an image hyping Battlefield 4, sent to us by a tipster on the same day that Battlefield publisher EA confirmed that the game will be shown in San Francisco on March 26.

medium.jpg

We haven't been able to confirm if the image is real, but it's got the same downpour motif as EA's invitations to the game's press unveiling:

Official teaser invitation.

Official invitation.

Battlefield 4 was shown to GameStop employees last month. People who pre-ordered last fall's Medal of Honor are guaranteed to get access to the game's beta, as are some others.

The game will presumably be out this fall. No word on whether it'll be bundled with an umbrella.

Who cares?... its going to be released the way every game from EA was since bf3... on origin, with a horrible launch, failed promises, etc

• Like 2

So naturally people are going to come in to this topic and say "F**K EA and their micro-transactions," and some of those people may have a legit beef even, but I just cannot see them ruining the BF series. I think DICE has to much pride.

What I can absolutely almost guarantee is going to happen though is Premium will be back, and there will be a much, much large focus on DLC that affects things in a cosmetic way, so that is where EA's whole vision of a micro-transaction future will come into play.

Both of the above are fine by me, as they have already been present in BF3, and they did not give any real unfair advantage. I barely played BF3, just because I did not have the time to play these days as I once did, and it was EASILY my favorite MP FPS of this past generation. When I did play, I always held my own, and I would usually be among the top of the leaderboards if I had a full game under my belt. I barely opened up any new weapons, etc. So I just personally do not believe any of the premium stuff offered to players made a bit of difference. So I am fine if they offer the above things as they did with BF3.

If it's not for the next xbox I dont want it.

It sounds as if some games this upcoming generation may indeed be for both platforms, I think they said the next Bungie game, Destiny IIRC, will actually have a current gen and next gen version. So I could possibly maybe see it being the same. But I no doubt believe it will be on next gen systems.

Who cares?... its going to be released the way every game from EA was since bf3... on origin, with a horrible launch, failed promises, etc

Other people care, if you don't, then no reason to comment. Nothing is wrong with Origin, it's just the same as steam. and the Diablo 3/Sim City issues are server capacity problems, not Origin problems.

If it's not for the next xbox I dont want it.

Yuck, FPS using your thumbs.... it's horrible.

Did you know that they did some testing I believe with BF3... it may have been BF2.. but I think it was BF3.. They were going to allow cross platform multi-player, and during early testing it became a PC vs Console blood bath of like 20 PC kills for every 1 console kill. At that point they abandoned it totally.

• Like 4

Other people care, if you don't, then no reason to comment. Nothing is wrong with Origin, it's just the same as steam. and the Diablo 3/Sim City issues are server capacity problems, not Origin problems.

Did you know that they did some testing I believe with BF2... it may have been BF2.. but I think it was BF3.. They were going to allow cross platform multi-player, and during early testing it became a PC vs Console blood bath of like 20 PC kills for every 1 console kill. At that point they abandoned it totally.

DO NOT try to bring logic into this, it never works with trolls.

@DL: Thank you. DICE has wayyyy too much pride to see BF die. They did a great job on BF3 and with Endgame plus the last update for BF3 weighing in at 10GBs, holy ****. I havent played it yet, but im assuming im going to be very happy.

I totally get why everyone hates EA but.. as a fan of Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield: Bad Company.. Battlefield 3 absolutely exceeded my expectations... and in terms of value for money I've enjoyed well over a hundred hours of Battlefield 3, and showing no signs of getting bored of it yet. The only thing that ever ruins it is people who aren't good sports / spend the whole time insulting you on chat.. and the enormous patch downloads / installation size.

The game itself... the scope, the scale, the environments, the vehicles, the graphics, the sound.. honestly I think it's one of the finest games ever made.

But the game itself is absolutely brilliant. And, generally, I've had very few connectivity issues and so forth, and occasions when I've been unable to get on and play.

EA are definitely a grim company no doubt about it. But BF3 is brilliant. I have high hopes for BF4.

• Like 1

So naturally people are going to come in to this topic and say "F**K EA and their micro-transactions," and some of those people may have a legit beef even, but I just cannot see them ruining the BF series. I think DICE has to much pride.

What I can absolutely almost guarantee is going to happen though is Premium will be back, and there will be a much, much large focus on DLC that affects things in a cosmetic way, so that is where EA's whole vision of a micro-transaction future will come into play.

Both of the above are fine by me, as they have already been present in BF3, and they did not give any real unfair advantage. I barely played BF3, just because I did not have the time to play these days as I once did, and it was EASILY my favorite MP FPS of this past generation. When I did play, I always held my own, and I would usually be among the top of the leaderboards if I had a full game under my belt. I barely opened up any new weapons, etc. So I just personally do not believe any of the premium stuff offered to players made a bit of difference. So I am fine if they offer the above things as they did with BF3.

It sounds as if some games this upcoming generation may indeed be for both platforms, I think they said the next Bungie game, Destiny IIRC, will actually have a current gen and next gen version. So I could possibly maybe see it being the same. But I no doubt believe it will be on next gen systems.

They already ruined it with bf3... choice is everything my friend.

Did you know that they did some testing I believe with BF3... it may have been BF2.. but I think it was BF3.. They were going to allow cross platform multi-player, and during early testing it became a PC vs Console blood bath of like 20 PC kills for every 1 console kill. At that point they abandoned it totally.

Other people care because they would rather pay to not be listened too, or be told that the reason why they didnt buy the game isn't at all the reason the game sold well or not, it just piracy at that point, etc. The problem with origin is simple, it is managed by ea, the way ea treats it's customers is **** as they have even said in order to even be heard by them you need to NOT be one of their customers.

DO NOT try to bring logic into this, it never works with trolls.

@DL: Thank you. DICE has wayyyy too much pride to see BF die. They did a great job on BF3 and with Endgame plus the last update for BF3 weighing in at 10GBs, holy ****. I havent played it yet, but im assuming im going to be very happy.

Logic is fine, underhanded comments, not so much. :)

I was really hoping they'd go back to WW2 for this, I'm sick of modern combat now and I don't really see what they could offer anything new over BF3

I was really hoping they'd go back to WW2 for this, I'm sick of modern combat now and I don't really see what they could offer anything new over BF3

Pretty easy...make it 64 bit only so the map sizes and amount of detail can be much more impressive.

I doubt that's going to happen, but stranger things have happened....and we're still waiting to find out what this was about.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/21/64-bit-os-required-for-some-2013-frostbite-games-says-dice-dev/

Choice? What choice do you speak of? Wether you install it on one proprietary software distribution method or another? Or independently of either? Is this what you mean by choice? Or is it something else entirely?

Actually I see you second reply, and yep sorry, I do not really agree Origin is somehow robbing people of any choices. It really is just another platform, and actually since BF3, it has performed rock solid for me. I actually get better download speeds off of it then I do Steam. So really it does not bother me at all. I actually think any hate for Origin is completely unfounded. As I said, it is just another distribution method, and sorry, Valve would not choose to release any of their published games through Origin. Why on earth should EA be expected to do the same thing for Valve?

So the only choice they really offered me was wether I wanted to play what I believe to be a kick ass game or not to play it. I chose to. If you chose not to, or disagree it was a kick ass game, you are entitled to your opinion, but to not play it because they only distributed it through Steam? I just think that is not a valid reason whatsoever. It makes no sense from a practical standpoint.

This. BF 3 was a disaster.

Let's hope they actually make it good this time. BF3 was just 'meh'.

Trying to say it's the same as steam is like trying to say that's it's just as good as steam both in terms of the service and the application itself. And it's not. It's not even close. Even after almost 2 years it's still very much inferior.

console-pc-resolution.jpg

I only want it for the next Xbox because there is a chance I'll have a new Xbox that supports 1080p native. I may not at the time it comes out have a pc that I can play on high.

This

And this.

Not to mention all the real BF vets have fled to ArmA, DICE drove them away with their dumbed down game play and just a horrible game in general. Why have tiny maps and dumbed down ADHD game play on a level of CoD when you can have... 20k Stratis, beautiful graphics and real team work.

Nothing is wrong with Origin, it's just the same as steam. and the Diablo 3/Sim City issues are server capacity problems, not Origin problems.

lolz... Of course it is.

Maybe after I see some game play videos this will change but right now I'm burnt out on fps games. I don't have an issue with EA or Origin. It's just as I said, way to many fps games that didn't really bring anything new to the table outside of Far Cry 3, which had fantastic game play.

Dice has too much pride? Right. I don't know in which universe you're living in but please come back to ours.

I managed to play around 150 hours in BF3 - I doubt I'll be able to do the same with BF4 as I'm really tired of the rushing gameplay, where you are being forced down alleyways and where only wellplaced grenades, abit of luck and the oppositions tunnelvision is a factor. Basicly some of the worst map design in any Battlefield game. Besides that their broken point system isn't really doing it for me.

I miss the days of doing Wake Island in 42, with some of the best teamwork I've ever experienced in a game even while playing with randoms, which with BF3 now is totally gone only with a few people actually doing the objective as the rest of the team rounds around like cattle, hoping to maintain their KDR. BF4 will no doubt be another game where KDR is more important to the majority of players than actual teamwork and winning.

Will surely give us pretty graphics, which I look forward to seeing, though with lovely colored filters *sigh*..

Also I hate them for giving assault the medpacks - I miss the glory days of LMG firepower combined with a med pack.