Does 'Bible's' Satan look like Obama ?

Obama does or does not ?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. You think ... ?

• Yes
    • No

Washington (CNN) - The third episode of the History Channel's miniseries ?The Bible? was supposed to be remembered for the brutality of Babylonian ruler Nebuchadnezzar, the strength of Daniel in the lion?s den, and the birth of Jesus Christ.

But after viewers claimed there was a striking resemblance between Satan?s human form and President Barack Obama, that probably won't be the case.

th?id=HA.140360164183&pid=15.1&H=120&W=160th?id=H.4557970581029711&pid=15.1&H=160&W=107 :woot:

Buzz on Twitter quickly grew. According to Topsy.com on Monday, there were an estimated 20,000 tweets containing the words ?Obama? and ?Satan? since the 9:00 p.m. ET hour on Sunday, the hour in which Satan appears in the two-hour show.

In a statement, miniseries producer Mark Burnett called claims there was a resemblance "utter nonsense."

Burnett said the actor who played Satan, Mohamen Mehdi Ouazanni, "is a highly acclaimed Moroccan actor. He has previously played parts in several Biblical epics ? including Satanic characters long before Barack Obama was elected as our President."

Ouazanni has had roles in two biblical TV movies ? "Jeremiah" and "The Ten Commandments."

Executive producer of the miniseries Roma Downey, Burnett's wife, added, "Both Mark and I have nothing but respect and love our President, who is a fellow Christian. False statements such as these are just designed as a foolish distraction to try and discredit the beauty of the story of The Bible."

source

What does retelling The Bible have to do with history? I can certainly understand a programme exploring the impact of The Bible on society but to pass it off as historical fact is scandalous. Then again, the History Channel lost any credibility it had a long time ago when it started producing "documentaries" about aliens. Now it's nothing more than a propaganda machine designed to make shareholders money.

• Like 3

There's been a video floating around the facebook pages of religious nutjobs claiming that, in the original Hebrew (or Aramaic?), when Jesus described Satan, it was pronounced as "Barrack O' Bamaw". People are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for crap to fling at the guy now. I don't like his politics, but I don't think he's a demon or satan or any other make believe monster.

What does retelling The Bible have to do with history? -snip-

You asked how....

To some Christians the Bible is the definitive and only approved history. That is why the history channel opted to do this.

I think it was unintentional that the two look the same.

What does retelling The Bible have to do with history? I can certainly understand a programme exploring the impact of The Bible on society but to pass it off as historical fact is scandalous. Then again, the History Channel lost any credibility it had a long time ago when it started producing "documentaries" about aliens. Now it's nothing more than a propaganda machine designed to make shareholders money.

Quite a few of the events in the Bible can be historically verified, so it's partially historical, now get over it

• Like 3

Quite a few of the events in the Bible can be historically verified, so it's partially historical, now get over it

:rofl:

This seems like a divisive way to create drama about the series. today the creator via Yahoo news stated that was NOT the case, to make the satan character look like Obama.

The creator said no intention to make him look like obama

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/actor-who-plays-the-devil-on-history-s--the-bible--looks-like-obama-174517707.html

Yeah go figure some people will lower their standard of evidence down to zero for this "history"

I challenge you. The tower of Babel in the bible exists in it's foundation in Iraq of today and Babylon... there's tons of evidences.

This seems like a divisive way to create drama about the series. today the creator via Yahoo news stated that was NOT the case, to make the satan character look like Obama.

The creator said no intention to make him look like obama

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-174517707.html

I challenge you. The tower of Babel in the bible exists in it's foundation in Iraq of today and Babylon... there's tons of evidences.

So since when was the big red dude replaced with a black guy ? Me and the rest of his followers never got the memo.

Also in Spiderman there's a city called new York.. And it exists.

Well, doesnt Satan make bunch of promises while fooling millions....??

The Devil gave man critical thinking, which God didn't want. God didn't want us to eat from the tree of knowledge so that we'd just be thought slaves. The devil turned the tables and did us a favour with a single conversation. The devil only killed 10 people in the Bible, God killed roughly 2.3 Million.

The devil understands Human nature, but doesn't judge you for being Human, he accepts Gods unwanted children unconditionally. But still we accuse him of being the bad guy? Why? Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero, he's our silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

^ Whom did the 'Devil' kill ... ? :huh:

There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job ... And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.

And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? Then Satan answered the LORD ... put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house...And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. -- Job 1:1-19

^ So all great winds, tornados, hurricanes, are the work of Satan ???

No. Belief is defined as "the mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another", "something believed or accepted as true". You can't simply redefine words to suit your argument.

^ Not arguing --"reliable", "plausible", "worthy" is a matter of your own personal Belief.

Otherwise all religion, and other matters would be the same.

^ So all great winds, tornados, hurricanes, are the work of Satan ???

No but in the passage, The Devil bet God that if Job lost everything, I would renounce his faith. God let the Devil kill all of Jobs kids to test this bet.

And why are got questioning me like I'm a devil worshipper? I'm an atheist.