What do I mean? Video is pretty clear, hit detection is terrible in this game.

Why you hit it ? and as I said. on attack helis, a tank hit won't necessarily one shot kill it, at least not all the time, severely damage it yes, but not always one shot kill. 

That's not the base AA, that is mobile AA and you have to spot the vehicles for it to work (you would be amazed at how many people don't know that fact.)

The personal taxi is about to drive me insane. I've been a gunner and died so many times because I'm scanning for people to shoot In zoom and did not notice that they ejected. Speaking of which, you shouldn't be able to jump out of a helicopter like that. You can't in real life.

I only play hardcore mode and have since BFBC2. I like a little more realism in my game than some people I suppose but that's why the sniper situation annoys me - perhaps because I have friends who are military and I know how they operate in situations. Snipers are always moving in combat from vantage point to vantage point.

I think the one click sniping is what really ruins it. I've just started firing rockets at them because I have a better chance of getting them. If I try to flank them they have their audio jacked way the hell up and are always spawning on beacon just as soon as you kill them. I'm thinking about starting a HC server with a sniper limit per team so I can finally play the game it was meant to be played.

EDIT: Breaks, I guess tapatalk doesn't care about breaks.

Unfortunately while I enjoy HC mode, it removes thinks I don't think it should remove since it's things a soldier wouldn't naturally has as his awareness that you don't get in a game, and that a future soldier setting would have anyway, which this is set in. 

I would prefer if there was a HC mode that just changed the health/damage to HC. 

camping/sniping is a valid strategy in the game as it is in real war. it's their game style and they like it because they're probably cod players who think the game is about K/D ratio. but you can be a good camping recon and a team payer as well if you use the scope. and other tools as well as the occasional sniping. 

Camping snipers are easily killed IF even one squad ont he other team work together though, even more so if the team has a commander that pays attention.

I agree, I just don't see the fun in it. I used to do it in BC2 but then I was actually spotting everyone all over the place. I just find it funny when they frag you and you see them camping in the kill-cam, it's an easy kill for when you spawn in again. That's the downside of camping. I always make sure I move away from my spot if I frag someone as a recon.

It's not set in too far of a distant future (2020 I believe). HUD displays for soldiers are still a ways away from cost efficient purchasing (at least to USA soldiers). If it weren't for the people spamming the spot button (and this is how most GOOD snipers I've seen find people to scope in on - one click sniping, even on HC because it announces verbally that you've spotted a soldier) the spotting wouldn't be so bad to have in HC. 

Sniping is a valid strategy in the game, but camping for you K/D ratio in a spot where you can't even go to is not - and this happens every round. If one squad is working on taking out snipers the entire round they don't get any points so the majority of people aren't going to care to do that. I actually went out of my way the other night to use my EOD bot to eradicate snipers. My worst score in a match ever (at least it felt like it), and it worked - 90% of them didn't spot the EOD bot until they were getting killed already. (The irony of this is they got mad and tried to get me kicked because I wasn't playing the game - lol)

No killcam in HC and one shot kills with whatever rifle you have (which is why DMR is so bad) means that it's easy points to gain for campers.

Unfortunately while I enjoy HC mode, it removes thinks I don't think it should remove since it's things a soldier wouldn't naturally has as his awareness that you don't get in a game, and that a future soldier setting would have anyway, which this is set in. 

I would prefer if there was a HC mode that just changed the health/damage to HC. 

When did I say this. I specifically said it's weird that on a console, bugs are severely affecting people differently, the majority of gamers are playing it relatively fine, but a high number of players is having issues. 

why this happens is up to DICE to figure out, it could be any number of things. even on PC the bugs effect players differently despite nearly identical configs, one can play just fine another wiill have big issues getting into the game. 

Where are you getting this information from?

Where are you getting this information from?

The relatively small amount of whiners on the official forums(a lot but not enough to indicate a majority by any stretch) and the many many many many people actually playing the game. 

It's not set in too far of a distant future (2020 I believe). HUD displays for soldiers are still a ways away from cost efficient purchasing (at least to USA soldiers). If it weren't for the people spamming the spot button (and this is how most GOOD snipers I've seen find people to scope in on - one click sniping, even on HC because it announces verbally that you've spotted a soldier) the spotting wouldn't be so bad to have in HC. 

Sniping is a valid strategy in the game, but camping for you K/D ratio in a spot where you can't even go to is not - and this happens every round. If one squad is working on taking out snipers the entire round they don't get any points so the majority of people aren't going to care to do that. I actually went out of my way the other night to use my EOD bot to eradicate snipers. My worst score in a match ever (at least it felt like it), and it worked - 90% of them didn't spot the EOD bot until they were getting killed already. (The irony of this is they got mad and tried to get me kicked because I wasn't playing the game - lol)

No killcam in HC and one shot kills with whatever rifle you have (which is why DMR is so bad) means that it's easy points to gain for campers.

Wearable forearm maps are within the time period through, along with two way smart soldier communication allowing them to use the map to mark and track targets, combined with satellites and UAV tracking.

and bringing up the map isn't a valid replacement for this, a solider is able to keep track of this map constantly while walking around, basically like the minimap does. that combined witht he added awareness a real solder has, make the removal of the minimap in HC less realistic imho. and with things like google glass coming for civilian use, you'd easily see a militarized version being developed and deployed well within 2020. 

Wearable forearm maps are within the time period through, along with two way smart soldier communication allowing them to use the map to mark and track targets, combined with satellites and UAV tracking.

and bringing up the map isn't a valid replacement for this, a solider is able to keep track of this map constantly while walking around, basically like the minimap does. that combined witht he added awareness a real solder has, make the removal of the minimap in HC less realistic imho. and with things like google glass coming for civilian use, you'd easily see a militarized version being developed and deployed well within 2020. 

You're still missing his and the point, they cost too much to equip every soldier with one. Your lucky IRL these days to even see a platoon and sometimes infantry company carrying a JAV and laser designator unit, because of the costs. They get spread around based on the location of said platoon or company. So for every soldier to have some military based google glass on them and live 2 way communication/tracking is in-realistic, even in 2020.

Why you hit it ? and as I said. on attack helis, a tank hit won't necessarily one shot kill it, at least not all the time, severely damage it yes, but not always one shot kill. 

In which case, it would of given me hit points, or a vehicle disabled, which it clearly didn't because it didnt register.

I've main gunned choppers donw before in one shot, and I don't play hardcore. Hit detection is terrible.

In which case, it would of given me hit points, or a vehicle disabled, which it clearly didn't because it didnt register.

I've main gunned choppers donw before in one shot, and I don't play hardcore. Hit detection is terrible.

Youtube "Battlefield 4 Netcode" and brace yourself for a Wold of hurt.

Really nice to see early adopters like myself of the new consoles enjoying BF4. Bfstats website marking Xbox one/ ps4 concurrent player numbers between 25k-45k depending on day of the week & time of day. Roughly half of the 360/ps3 player numbers.

Player #s updated "live" upon loading the website. Just happy communities are already growing and relatively large.

You're still missing his and the point, they cost too much to equip every soldier with one. Your lucky IRL these days to even see a platoon and sometimes infantry company carrying a JAV and laser designator unit, because of the costs. They get spread around based on the location of said platoon or company. So for every soldier to have some military based google glass on them and live 2 way communication/tracking is in-realistic, even in 2020.

Well in general principle the whole BF system while pretending to be regular soldiers is pretty much spec ops based. 

My main point is though that a real world soldier have so much more awareness that doesn't exist in a virtual game world. heck just simple things like chopper to the west. well in HC mode you have no clue where west is. all the HUD options merely replaces soldier awareness.

take flight sims for example. back when developers actually bothered making costly combat flight sims for a limited niche market that allowed them to make money, but not much(actually it's more a publisher fault that developer fault that they died because they couldn't make back 10x), military pilots would actually say that, the most "realistic" sims where actually a lot harder to fly than a real jet, simple because well everything was correct, with the right hardware you had the rights stick and everything. BUT you weren't actually in the jet, you didn't feel the jet, you didn't feel and instinctively know your body and jets orientation. you couldn't just simple glance and look in other directions than you where flying, with with lock on view that makes you vision follow a target, unlike in a real jet it's hard to know what way the jet is actually pointed when you're looking at a target like that(granted VR helmets sort of fix that issue partly anyway). 

Sometimes, for realisms sake, you need to add helpers that real soldier don't have, because on the computer, you don't have what real solders have. 

Youtube "Battlefield 4 Netcode" and brace yourself for a Wold of hurt.

Yup and for some reason they decided to make it client side, like BF3.

I've also got a couple of videos of me being shot around 2 corners on Metro, but you get the idea.

None of my military friends have such devices on their arm and they range from Security Forces to Airborne. The closest thing I can think of would be in a vehicle they do have a computer that links up their soldiers/vehicles/weapons position via an AWAC or command in the air via GPS (usually in a helicopter) but even then it's not relayed to the soldiers unless it's via voice. 

As far as the minimap, you can hit M, which imo is plenty realistic - how many soldiers have you seen running looking at a map? They stop and check it (if need be, usually they don't have to). Soldiers don't have a HUD system displaying what direction they are facing either, it's up to you to know your direction before going in and to be able to figure it out based on your surroundings (suns position, etc).

In the American Armed Forces, cost is everything especially with them cutting EVERYTHING back in budget. TV's and Movies are misleading towards what we are capable of...

And long live Combat Flight Simulator 3, may the series RIP!  :woot:

And again, this is USA armed forces - not sure what the UK has over there.

And again, this is USA armed forces - not sure what the UK has over there.

In the UK individual troops are not tracked, the closest thing to a map of soldiers would be back at Command. The Bowman Radio system the Brits use has a GPS tracker in it, which gives live co-ordinates back to a laptop most likely kept in the command tent in the FOB/MOB. But this'll be 1-2 Radio operators per squad etc.

Another feature the Bowman has, (but isn't used) is that Radio operators can "mark" enemy positions and they'll flag up on the map on the laptop back at Command.

post-350302-0-77078900-1385940118.jpg

post-350302-0-65060700-1385940126.jpg

post-350302-0-20262400-1385940165.jpg

The relatively small amount of whiners on the official forums(a lot but not enough to indicate a majority by any stretch) and the many many many many people actually playing the game. 

OK, first of all, complaining about legitimate problems with a game does not make someone a "whiner." Secondly, the official website -- both news posts and forums -- are overwhelmed with people complaining about the problems. It is not a "small amount" on the official site.

There being a lot of people playing the game is not indicative of there not being clear problems. These problems have been cited in reviews, on the official website, and even here. How is it that you're denying problems the developers have already admitted exist? They wrote an apology for the state of the game.

You not encountering problems does not change the fact that a substantial amount of people are. It's irritating to read your responses that seemingly imply I and others like me are in the wrong for encountering problems, and not the developer and publisher responsible for the game.

OK, first of all, complaining about legitimate problems with a game does not make someone a "whiner." Secondly, the official website -- both news posts and forums -- are overwhelmed with people complaining about the problems. It is not a "small amount" on the official site.

There being a lot of people playing the game is not indicative of there not being clear problems. These problems have been cited in reviews, on the official website, and even here. How is it that you're denying problems the developers have already admitted exist? They wrote an apology for the state of the game.

You not encountering problems does not change the fact that a substantial amount of people are. It's irritating to read your responses that seemingly imply I and others like me are in the wrong for encountering problems, and not the developer and publisher responsible for the game.

I never said you are in the wrong, or that there aren't a lot of people with problems, quite the opposite, however, relative to the total amount of people who bought and play the game, the people with issues aren't many.

in numbers there's a lot, in percentages, not that much, still way to many of course. 

and on the other side of the coin, just because you are havign trouble doesn't mean everyone or even the majority is.

As I said from the start there are very big and very legitimate issues causing problem for a large amount of players. but the reason why is weird since even on consoles it doesn't happen to everyone. this makes solving it a nightmare. 

Yup and for some reason they decided to make it client side, like BF3.

I've also got a couple of videos of me being shot around 2 corners on Metro, but you get the idea.

Server side isn't necessarily better, MWO has had major hit detection problems with their netcode since the start. though it's gradually gotten better with adding stuff like time freeze and time rollback stuff. 

Anyone experienced issues with rubberbanding? Had that happen today on a server I play on frequently, this is first time I noticed it. Few other people in-game were chatting about the same thing.

Really hope we don't have to wait the whole week for the PC patch - although I'm holding my breath that it doesn't break something else. Looking forward to more maps with China Rising coming out. Has there been any word on how long PC has to wait for Second Assault?

Rubber banding is a common issue when someone with an extremely high ping joins the server (usually out of country).

There are a TON of people with complaints, every server I've ever played along with every match I've ever played the majority of people are complaining. Consoles are not exempt from the issues either, server crashes are a common occurrence still to this day.

Rubber banding is a common issue when someone with an extremely high ping joins the server (usually out of country).

There are a TON of people with complaints, every server I've ever played along with every match I've ever played the majority of people are complaining. Consoles are not exempt from the issues either, server crashes are a common occurrence still to this day.

Huh.. on all the servers I play there's at most 5 people chatting, no one ever responds if you have an actual match related question or comment.and people using the in game chat to complain about issues, especially lag, hit detection and everything else that could affect their gaming is common, the most common I see is "cheater" and "hacker". because when you get shot or someone has a higher score, it's never your fault and he's never just good :)

The servers I play one tend to be more serious and mature ones though.

As are mine, I don't play on non-HC servers and I only play on servers with adult admins. The majority of the time there are many people complaining about issues within the game.

If no one ever responds, it's time to play on a new server.

Huh.. on all the servers I play there's at most 5 people chatting, no one ever responds if you have an actual match related question or comment.and people using the in game chat to complain about issues, especially lag, hit detection and everything else that could affect their gaming is common, the most common I see is "cheater" and "hacker". because when you get shot or someone has a higher score, it's never your fault and he's never just good :)

The servers I play one tend to be more serious and mature ones though.

I have very few issues with the game. I always crash on Siege of Shanghai. There is no rhyme nor reason to it; Charlie doesn't have to fall. No one has to be shooting at me. I will just randomly crash on it. ALWAYS, at least once. Yesterday, I played a match on it, and lasted a good deal of time. I was the top player on the server and the squad leader. I was actually thinking, hey, it might not actually crash this time. Then it crashed :(.

Aside from my Shanghai crashes, the game will sometimes crash between maps, which I really don't mind, as I load off of an SSD.

I hope they fix this stuff soon.

Anyway, I'm all for starting a small, not so serious, Neowin squad. Would be nice to play with regular squad mates that actually communicate. Don't really care if we win all the time or not.

I have very few issues with the game. I always crash on Siege of Shanghai. There is no rhyme nor reason to it; Charlie doesn't have to fall. No one has to be shooting at me. I will just randomly crash on it. ALWAYS, at least once. Yesterday, I played a match on it, and lasted a good deal of time. I was the top player on the server and the squad leader. I was actually thinking, hey, it might not actually crash this time. Then it crashed :(.

Well, There's your problem ;)