I've started being able to get into games a lot more now, still some noticeable framerate/lag occsaionally when online but the fact I can actually play it is a bonus.

Is anyone else seeing their frame rate improve a bit?...In general that is, i get the odd laggy moment as skiver said, but overall at launch I got about 55-60 fps now I'm getting 60-70 with the odd spike up to 75 or even 80 if not much is happening.

I've not had any GPU driver updates just BF patches...so I'm assuming they've managed to optomise some code...

Jan 13 PC Game Update Notes

-Various fixes for improving general stability

-Fixed a memory leak issue occurring after level shutdowns, which could result in a out-of-memory crash in longer play sessions

-Additional fix for the ?sound loop? deadlock when running High/Ultra graphics settings

-Added a warning for using Legacy AMD drivers that were out of date

-Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done

-Fixed a bug where players? rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated

-Fix for Asian users unable to start Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1

-Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before

-Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)

-Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members

-Fixed a bug where a M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver?s camera

-Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.

-Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.

-Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier

-Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch

-Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs

-Fix for player spawning under the map when deploying on Lancang Dam

-Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker

Only problem I have with BF4 at the minute is Battlelog sporadically refusing me connection to servers for seemingly no reason.

Game runs pretty well on Ultra, believe the last time I checked I was getting 50 - 70FPS.  However, I am running it now with a Resolution Zoom @ 150 and the FPS has suffered a little.

Rig

i5 3570k (stock clock)

16gb 1600mhz

ASUS GeForce 680 2Gb

OCZ Agility 3 240Gb

I reinstalled BF4 after the patch but haven't been able to play yet due to life stuff. Hope to get in some good time in the next few days. How is the patch working for everyone else? Hopefully, this means Second Assault will get released soon - will be nice to have some new maps.

I reinstalled BF4 after the patch but haven't been able to play yet due to life stuff. Hope to get in some good time in the next few days. How is the patch working for everyone else? Hopefully, this means Second Assault will get released soon - will be nice to have some new maps.

Not too bad, had some good games last night, but there seems to be an increase in people surviving with zero health. I had a few people moaning at me last night because I had 0 health left after killing them, but I noticed a few killed me with 0 health remaining, too.

I played some more...single player, haha.

My friend was playing on Hard so I went the same route, so I'm having an interesting time with certain areas. o.o

I started playing on Hard, but quickly got bored.  I need to finish it for whatever weapons you unlock, I got the MTAR recently through one of the assignments and it is the new favourite gun.

What is everyone's weapon of choice at current?

Shacknews claims PS3 and PS4 updates are due tomorrow, but doesn't have details on them.

There's apparently also another server update with five server crash fixes.

We are rolling out a new update for Battlefield 4 on PS4 in order to address some stability and balancing issues. Full details on the update below. You might need to restart the game to have the update install. Stay tuned to the Battlefield 4 Control Room for the latest on BF4 updates. 

Jan 14 PS4 Game Update Notes 
-Various fixes for improving general stability 
-Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rouge Transmission and Operation Locker 
-Fixed issue with player spawning under the map in Lancang Dam 
-Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons 
-Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before 
-Fixed a bug where the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver?s camera 
-Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members 
-Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt) 
-EU Players: Fixed bug where game wouldn?t start when when the console was running in any of these languages: Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Czech, Brazilian Portuguese 
-Fix for bug where it looked like soldier was dying with 1 health instead of 0 
-Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done

PS4 Update is live.

Jan 13 PC Game Update Notes

-Fixed a bug where a M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver?s camera

(Y)

Though they've claimed to have fixed friendly tags before and the HMG ALWAYS blocked the Abrams for me. I had come accustomed to enter, exit, enter every time I approached a tank. 

I played a few rounds last night and I'm happy to say that I think they've finally ironed out most of the kinks.

It ran really smooth and I didn't come across a single crash or glitch.  Finally!

Played quite a bit yesterday to try out the new patch (X1), and things seem to be better, but still far from perfect.

Matches crashed and hung once complete for me a few times and there is still evident rubber banding during them.

It also seems that lasers have bugged out during the patch and you can see graphic particles left behind on the scenary where they've been pointed at. Definitely wasn't claymores whatever it is.

Sound is still absent for the first ~10 seconds or so when a map loads. Maybe that is just a characteristic of the engine and it'll not change.

Besides that, I was able to get into matches much faster and the matchmaking is working properly, finally (Y)

Played quite a bit yesterday to try out the new patch (X1), and things seem to be better, but still far from perfect.

Matches crashed and hung once complete for me a few times and there is still evident rubber banding during them.

It also seems that lasers have bugged out during the patch and you can see graphic particles left behind on the scenary where they've been pointed at. Definitely wasn't claymores whatever it is.

Sound is still absent for the first ~10 seconds or so when a map loads. Maybe that is just a characteristic of the engine and it'll not change.

Be (Y)

The sound issue happens to me on Xbox One and PC so I don't think its a platform specific issue. Also takes a good 10-15 seconds for textures to load fully for me on both platforms. 

So I love the Battlefield series. Am a Veteran 9 level as I have been playing since the beginning. Because I do not have a lot of time these days to game, I just hop on a match or two then hop off. So Battlefield is no longer a serious thing for me. So I am pretty forgiving of any and all issues. I just enjoy playing the latest version of the game I have always played.

I read about all the issues BF4 has had, so I held off playing it on the PS4 even though I have owned it since Day 1. I literally did not touch it.

Last night, I finally touched it.

I just chose Quick Match > Conquest, and I saw it said something about DICE Official, and it was a laggy, laggy, absolutely laggy mess. Like not even lag her and there. I mean unplayable mess, and the entire damn time.

Seriously do they still do not have the game playable? Or please tell me I need to open up some ports on my router or some **** like that?

I already went ahead and assigned my PS4 a Static IP last night after seeing what I mess it was, so I can do whatever needs to be done on my side to make it work, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with my side, but this is the last time I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

So any advice from anyone who plays the PS4 version?

So I love the Battlefield series. Am a Veteran 9 level as I have been playing since the beginning. Because I do not have a lot of time these days to game, I just hop on a match or two then hop off. So Battlefield is no longer a serious thing for me. So I am pretty forgiving of any and all issues. I just enjoy playing the latest version of the game I have always played.

I read about all the issues BF4 has had, so I held off playing it on the PS4 even though I have owned it since Day 1. I literally did not touch it.

I just chose Quick Match > Conquest, and I saw it said something about DICE Official, and it was a laggy, laggy, absolutely laggy mess. Like not even lag her and there. I mean unplayable mess, and the entire damn time.

Seriously do they still do not have the game playable? Or please tell me I need to open up some ports on my router or some **** like that?

I already went ahead and assigned my PS4 a Static IP last night after seeing what I mess it was, so I can do whatever needs to be done on my side to make it work, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with my side, but this is the last time I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

I haven't touched the Xbox One version of the game in about a month because every person I've talked to said it's in the exact same state in terms of playability. While it's not the PS4 version, what I'm trying to say is I don't think it's your router or anything on your end.

I think Battlefield 4 is now great on the X1, i haven't had any crashes or lag or rubberbanding like the above few posts, it still needs improvement but all in all i am loving the game.

I can't offer any PS4-specific advice, but I know from the X1 version the lag is definitely still there. The latest patches have improved it a lot but you'll still see rubber banding now and then. Considering how wide spread the issues have been, I wouldn't worry about your set up, it's almost certainly the game/servers.

I can't offer any PS4-specific advice, but I know from the X1 version the lag is definitely still there. The latest patches have improved it a lot but you'll still see rubber banding now and then. Considering how wide spread the issues have been, I wouldn't worry about your set up, it's almost certainly the game/servers.

Rubber banding seems to be a weird issue. I get it so much on the PC version, seldom on the Xbox One version. My friend I play with on PC claims to never experience rubber banding.