Just saw some news on Eurogamer from Rockstar saying people shouldn't install the 'Play' disc onto the 360 HDD as it can result in pop-ins. They've got a video comparison there as well. Basically it's to do with streaming from two sources vs just one if both disks are installed onto the HDD.

Hopefully the noise from the disk drive won't be too loud when playing.

To be honest i can't remember how loud the 360 drive is as i haven't used it in ages and i've been installing the games to the HDD but if i can play through The Last of Us on my fat PS3 with its fan blowing full blast i think i should be able to manage here :laugh:

What's there to patch? Just don't install what you're not suppose to install and all will be fine.

Given that I've installed "disks" from other games (forza, Fallout, Halo) that had multiple disks why shouldnt I be able to do it with this?

As mentioned above I also have an original model Xbox that sounds like a helicopter taking off and I suspect doesnt have much life in it so running from disk is usually a bad idea. I also remember GoW 1 was played so much that the disk was ruined and would no longer play. I'd like to avoid any risk of such things happening.

I'll be installing both regardless.

Hopefully they can patch this.

This has been an issue with many dual disc high res games. It can't pull from the HDD in multiple places, where as it can pull from the HDD and the disc at the same time. Same thing happened with BF3.

Could you install the game to a separate flash drive and then install the play disc on the hard drive? Would it be able to recognise the data on both drives.

That would eliminate it accessing the same drive.

Could you install the game to a separate flash drive and then install the play disc on the hard drive? Would it be able to recognise the data on both drives.

That would eliminate it accessing the same drive.

Check the third update: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-16-rockstar-warns-dont-install-gta5-xbox-360-play-disc

UPDATE 3: Digital Foundry has investigated the matter further and discovered a possible solution to the Grand Theft Auto 5 Xbox 360 "play" disc installation issue.

The video, below, shows footage of the game played with the "install disc" installed to the Xbox 360 hard drive, as is mandatory, and the "play disc" installed to a USB flash drive. Doing so appears to eradicate the performance issues found when both discs are installed to the Xbox 360 hard drive.

Ouch.

vsvnsfx.gif

Is that for real?

Yes. Watched a live comparison between the two versions and the PS3 was well behind. And not only in the lod.

I'm glad next gen will have day one digital downloads, fed up of this whole send day before and hope it arrives crap, not to mention RM deliver here around 3-4pm.

The only reson I pre-order online than go to the shops is because you usually get it a day early.