Crisp

post-338470-0-74580400-1364912943.png

Game Details

Developer: Rockstar North
Publisher: Rockstar Games
Engine: RAGE (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine)
Platform: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
Release Date: 17th September 2013
Official Links: Website / YouTube / Twitter / Facebook

Game Information (Source)

Grand Theft Auto V commonly shortened to GTA V, is an upcoming open world action-adventure video game being developed by Rockstar North in the United Kingdom and published by Rockstar Games. The game will be the first major title in the Grand Theft Auto series since Grand Theft Auto IV (2008) and a continuation of the fictional universe that was introduced in that game.

Grand Theft Auto V was officially announced on 25 October 2011, after much speculation. The debut trailer for the game was unveiled on 2 November 2011. The first demo of the game was revealed to press on 11 October 2012. The second trailer of GTA V was announced on 5 November 2012, and released on 14 November 2012. A highly anticipated game, GTA V is due for release on 17 September 2013, for the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360. Releases for the PC and Wii U are being considered by Rockstar, but have not been officially announced.

Plot (Source)

Grand Theft Auto V is to be set in fictional Los Santos in the state of San Andreas and its surrounding areas, based on modern-day Los Angeles and Southern California. A rendition of Los Santos was previously featured as one of three cities in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, released in 2004.

Grand Theft Auto V "evolves nearly every mechanic" found in previous games in the series. GTA V's world is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto IV combined. Areas in the game world include beach fronts, mountains, the wilderness, a "Salton Sea" region, a military base and the suburbs. The ocean floor is fully detailed and can be explored.

GTA V's single-player story is told through three player-controlled protagonists. They are Michael, Trevor and Franklin, criminals whose stories interconnect as they complete missions together. During story missions, the player can switch between the protagonists as they work together to accomplish an objective; in one such mission, Michael rappels down the side of a building, Franklin provides covering fire with a sniper rifle, and Trevor controls the getaway helicopter.

Screenshots

1280.jpg
1280.jpg
1280.jpg
1280.jpg
1280.jpg
1280.jpg
1280.jpg
1280.jpg
1280.jpg

Trailers

post-338470-0-74580400-1364912943.png

• Like 1
TheLegendOfMart

I need this game in my eyes so bad. Was gutted when they said it would be coming in September instead of Spring.

• Like 2
Lingwo

I wanted this game yesterday.

If they expand on the multiplayer options RDR had. This is going to be an absolute killer game. I'm not a big multiplayer fan but free roam in IV was brilliant.

Plus from some of the screenshots and info we've seen. It looks like they're going back to some of the crazier stuff GTA has been known for but still keeping that realistic feel IV had.

• Like 1
Crisp

I need this game in my eyes so bad. Was gutted when they said it would be coming in September instead of Spring.

+1 I just hope they do a port to the next gen consoles, or PC. I really want to get rid of my 360 as I don't even touch it.

TheLegendOfMart

I am hoping they do a "HD" version for next gen, seems silly delaying it and launching so close to next gen without some kind of port, they may be waiting for Microsofts announcement before they say anything. After the mess they made of GTA4 PC port I don't see them making the same mistake this time around.

Geoffrey B.

i might get this, just finally got GTAIV last weekend due to the whole series being on sale for only $12 on steam.

• 2 weeks later...
Crisp

Cover Art Mural in NYC.

post-338470-0-31691700-1365693034.jpg

post-338470-0-59360500-1365693050.jpg

post-338470-0-89936500-1365693062.jpg

post-338470-0-80772200-1365693071.jpg

• Like 1
astropheed

I'll buy this definitely. Day one purchase.

It's basically San Andreas + IV + more of it all + OMG thrown into a blender and pulsed to perfection. I've never played any GTA game and walked away thinking anything less than "Wow".

God I'm excited you should see my nipples!

• Like 1
Dotdot

Kinda torn between holding off for it on PC and actually picking it up for my Xbox.

+Anarkii

Kinda torn between holding off for it on PC and actually picking it up for my Xbox.

Yeah same, but im torn between PC and PS4 (even thou not 'officially' stated it is coming out for it, but yaknow, its like a definate that it will

TheLegendOfMart

Depends on how long you are comfortable waiting for a PC release, it took over 7 months for GTA4 from console launch to PC. There is no credible information of a PS4 version either, just a lot of speculation by analysts and when are they ever right, the console won't have backwards compatibility and I really don't see them spending time porting it to a console that's going to have a relatively small user base.

MikeChipshop

I'll grab this on day one for XBOX even if PC came out same day (yeah right!). For some reason, i don;t enjoy playing this type of game on PC.

Crisp

I'll grab this on day one for XBOX even if PC came out same day (yeah right!). For some reason, i don;t enjoy playing this type of game on PC.

I'm not sure why, but I've always preferred playing GTA with a controller. I have IV on PC and I completed it with a 360 controller. I found the mouse to be to sharp for camera movement and I guess growing up playing the original GTA on the PS1 has got me more or less use to using a controller with this type of game.

Saying that, with current gen I would also rather have V on PC just for a smoother frame rate.

I hope Mart is wrong, and they do bring it to next gen :p - I guess we're just waiting to see what MS brings to the table before game devs announce anything for next gen.

• 2 weeks later...
Dreamspell

• Like 2
Crisp

I should be playing this right now :cry:

• Like 2
theyarecomingforyou
To be honest, the graphics look really bad in some of them

Yeah. This one looks like it was from a game released about ten years ago:

rsggtavscreenshot062.jpg

+virtorio

I'm fine with the graphics. My biggest issue so far, after watching the character intro trailers anyway, is that I don't find any of the characters especially likeable.

TheLegendOfMart

Yeah. This one looks like it was from a game released about ten years ago:

rsggtavscreenshot062.jpg

919766_20040525_screen004.jpg

True Crime Streets of LA released near the end of 2003.

Stop being so melodramatic, we get it PC graphics are super amazing weeeeeeeeeeee.

• Like 4
Lingwo

I don't know how people slate the graphics.

This is an open world game for the current generation of consoles and possibly PC.

I think it looks pretty amazing for the huge dense world it will be streaming.

You're not going to get a super detailed world this big on current consoles. This is why Max Payne 3 was more solid graphically was because it was a linear experience.

I also wouldn't be surprised if GTAV releases on PC soon after the console release.

• Like 1
theyarecomingforyou
True Crime Streets of LA released near the end of 2003.

Your rebuttal is a mediocre game from ten years ago? :|

Stop being so melodramatic, we get it PC graphics are super amazing weeeeeeeeeeee.

GTAV will inevitably be released on PC as well, so that isn't my issue. My point is simply that the graphics are poor.

I don't know how people slate the graphics.

This is an open world game for the current generation of consoles and possibly PC.

Far Cry 3 was an open-world game too, yet it had excellent graphics. The media put out for GTA5 doesn't look substantially better than GTA4, a game that was released five years ago.

Dreamspell

As much as I love Far Cry 3, it doesn't have anywhere near as much detail as GTA V.

TheLegendOfMart

Your rebuttal is a mediocre game from ten years ago? :|

Really???

The graphics are indicative of the level of graphics power that was available at the time. If you think GTA5 looks like True Crime you need new glasses.

Lamp0

I can't even comprehend how some people think that shot looks poor. The graphics might be low end but the game looks fantastic. I feel kinda bad for people who only see things like poly count & texture resolution when they look at screen shots.

One of my favourtie games from last year was Hotline Miami, & it looked one of the best too. Whether or not the graphics are poor is really niether here nor there.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Namerah S
      Team Ninja details features of Nioh 2 Complete Edition for PC
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

Team Ninja launched the action RPG Nioh sequel titled Nioh 2 for the last-gen PlayStation 4 console last year. Two months ago, the video game developer revealed that Nioh 2 would be leaving PlayStation exclusivity by announcing Nioh 2 Complete Edition. The PC version is set to arrive early next month.

Today the game's makers revealed more information about the upcoming PC game on Twitter. Publisher Koei Tecmo shared further details about the features of the upcoming Nioh 2 Complete Edition. A new game trailer highlighting the PC features has also been released.

As per today's announcements, Nioh 2 on PC will support 4K Ultra HD, ultra-wide screens, HDR and a 144Hz screen refresh rate. The game's makers have added complete customizability for mice and keyboards and the game is touted to run at 60fps or 120fps consistently, depending on whether the PC specs are compatible of course.

Nioh 2 Complete Edition for the PC platform is due out February 5, 2021, exclusively on Steam. Pre-orders are currently open and can be placed on Valve's dedicated game store. As a launch promotion, those who buy the Nioh sequel within the initial three weeks after the PC release will get two bonus in-game items, the Sohaya Deserter Garb and Ornate Gold Armour.

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.0.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.0.0 - 2021-01-12 - Changes since 10.0.0-a1:

General

Retry media lookups that failed due to transient errors Fixed automatic file watching Renderers

Improved support for Sony Bluray UBP-X800M2 (thanks, thechrisgregory!) Fixed UPnP pushing via Panasonic TVs and Samsung Q9 TVs Translation updates via Crowdin

Czech (100%) Danish (100%) English (United Kingdom) (32%) Finnish (100%) Greek (91%) French (100%) Japanese (99%) Polish (100%) Portuguese (100%) Portuguese (Brazilian) (100%) Romanian (99%) Serbian (99%) Turkish (100%) Dependency updates

Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.1.4 to 4.2.0 Universal Media Server 10.0.0 - 2021-01-12 - Changes since 9.8.3:

DLNA browsing

When browsing a TV show in the Media Library, all videos across all seasons are visible. There are two new folders within the Movies and TV Shows folders - Filter by Progress and Filter by Information. Filter by Progress contains the Watched and Unwatched folders which used to sit within the Videos folder in the Media Library Filter by Information lets you filter the videos by a new rich metadata set (actors, genres, country, director, genre, IMDb rating, release date). Alongside that is a similar folder Filter by Information which lets you filter the videos by API metadata (actors, genres, etc.) New folders Recently Added, Recently Played, In Progress and Most Played are in the Media Library Web interface

Added breadcrumbs at the top of each page When in the TV Shows area of the Media Library, the TV shows themselves are shown as thumbnails, with covers from the API When browsing a TV show, a movie, or a TV episode, any API metadata is displayed along with a large cover image, including actors, awards, classification, country, directors, genres, plot, ratings, year, and total seasons. On those pages above, the colors on the pages are based on the cover image Clicking on an individual actor, country, director, genre, or start year, takes you to a list of other media that matches that metadata The last few items in the Recently Added, Recently Played, In Progress and Most Played folders are displayed on the front page Each TV show and movie has an IMDb icon and direct link if one is found Folder and media covers are shown Fixed bugs with the Back button Version has moved to the settings menu Minor design updates General

API is enabled even without filename prettifying Failed API lookups are debounced by 1 week to avoid network spam Changed prettified season/episode number formatting from Series - 101 - Episode to Series S01E01 - Episode Fixed some bugs with prettifying to support more files Added support for audio playlist thumbnails (thanks, sf666!) Playlist folders are correctly identified via UPnP (thanks, sf666!) Fixed automatic file watching Renderers

Improved support for Sony Bluray UBP-X800M2 (thanks, thechrisgregory!) Fixed UPnP pushing via Panasonic TVs and Samsung Q9 TVs Translation updates via Crowdin

Czech (100%) Danish (100%) English (United Kingdom) (32%) Finnish (100%) Greek (91%) French (100%) Japanese (99%) Polish (100%) Portuguese (100%) Portuguese (Brazilian) (100%) Romanian (99%) Serbian (99%) Turkish (100%) Dependency updates

Bump jQuery from 1.12.0 to 3.5.1 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.1.4 to 4.2.0 Bump video.js from 7.2.3 to 7.10.1 Download: Universal Media Server 10.0 | 160.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By zikalify
      Canalys: Global PC market saw 25% YoY growth in 4Q20
      by Paul Hill

The analyst firm Canalys has reported that the global PC market saw 25% year-over-year growth in the fourth quarter of 2020. The firm classifies the PC market as desktops, notebooks (including Chromebooks) and workstations but excludes tablets which are sometimes used by some in place of a full-blown PC. Total PC shipments in 2020 grew by 11% reaching 297 million units.

The full-year growth in the PC market is the highest that’s been seen since 2020 and the number of units shipped is the highest seen since 2014. The growth in 2020 was driven by laptops and mobile workstations; they saw a growth rate of 44% compared to 2019. Desktops, on the other hand, were less successful with shipments falling 20% compared to 2019; there were 61.9 million shipments in this segment of the market in 2020.

In the fourth quarter, the biggest PC vendor was Lenovo which shipped 23.1 million units, in second place was HP which shipped 19.1 million units. Dell came in third place shipping more than 15 million units for the first time ever, Apple was in fourth place shipping 7.1 million units and Acer came fifth with 6.1 million units shipped. Other companies shipped a combined 18.9 million units in the fourth quarter.

According to Canalys Research Director Rushabh Doshi, PCs have been at the centre of the digital transformation that the world has gone through in the past year due to the coronavirus pandemic. Doshi said that going forward it’s going to be “extremely difficult” to write off PCs and that it’s likely that they’re here to stay.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Microsoft announces the Pulse Red Xbox Wireless Controller
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

The modernized Xbox Wireless Controller that Microsoft launched with its new generation of Xbox Series X and S consoles is gaining a new variant soon. Announced today, the Pulse Red variant will be joining the Carbon Black, Robot White, and Shock Blue controller options that are already available.

Similar to the Shock Blue controller's coloring style, the new Pulse Red arrives with red analog sticks, menu buttons, and a top case, which are joined by a white back case. Meanwhile, the front of the controller, triggers, bumpers, and the D-pad are matte black.

As expected, all of the improvements brought to the new generation of controllers can be seen here too, such as the new remappable Share button on the middle, textured dot pattern on triggers and bumpers, multiple device recognition, and USB-C connection, among others. The controller is compatible with Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One console families, PC, and mobile devices.

The Pulse Red Xbox Wireless Controller will go on sale for $64.99 starting February 9 across most Xbox-supported regions, and an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 14-day trial will be included in the package. Gamers in China will be able to pick the controller up starting tomorrow, January 12.

• By indospot
      Injustice 2, Torchlight III, PES 2021, and more coming to Xbox Game Pass in January
      by João Carrasqueira

Hot on the heels of a strong December for Xbox Game Pass, with the addition of two waves of titles, Microsoft has announced an array of new games making their way to the subscription service over the course of January. You may notice that the addition of EA Play to Xbox Game Pass for PC isn't among the news today, and it remains unclear when that will happen.

The titles being added to the library include some big names, such as Torchlight III, Injustice 2, and eFootball PES2021 for console, as well as YIIK: A Post Modern RPG for PC. It also includes the PC version of Neoverse, after the console and cloud versions were added last month. Here's the full list coming over the next couple of weeks:

eFootball PES 2021 Season Update (Android and Console) – January 7 Injustice 2 (Android, Console, and PC) – January 7 The Little Acre (Android and Console) ID@Xbox – January 7 Neoverse (PC) – January 14 Torchlight III (Android and Console) – January 14 What Remains of Edith Finch (PC) – January 14 YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (PC) – January 14 In addition to the new titles, this month also brings some new perks for Game Pass Ultimate subscribers, including the Chapter 1 Pass for Spellbreak (available until April 8), the Holiday Cruisers bundle for World of Warships: Legends (until April 1), and the Legend of War Pack for World of Tanks (until March 31). There is also a new weekly quest worth in Dead by Daylight, which is worth 100 points.

Of course, as usual, there are also some games leaving the Game Pass program. The following four games will no longer be available to play as part of the subscription after January 15:

FTL: Faster Than Light (PC)

My Friend Pedro (Console and PC)

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet (Console)

Tekken 7 (Console)

If you have yet to try these games and you'd like to, you may want to do it soon.