Surprisingly, RedBox had this game for rental on the release day in my town.  Too bad they only had PS3 discs.  Its cool that they are getting new releases though.

Interested in this game, but I may wait and pick it up used.

PS4/XBoxOne version may have included DLC.

The driving was better than I expected having read some comments online about it but it's still not great, the old bangers don't really feel that much different to the more expensive cars and the bike handling is way too arcadey. I can't see myself picking it up as much after I complete it for a quick drive around, it's just not as satisfying....the heavier feel of the cars in IV made for some pretty epic car chases and crashes.

Everything else is fantastic though.

Seriously, I can't believe the level of detail in just little things -- deer running out in front of me coming into Los Santos (

as Trevor

), and I swear to god in the

first main scene with Franklin boosting the car and racing his buddy that Trevor drove through an intersection in front of me being chased by the cops screaming obscenities

.  I might have imagined it, but I seriously think that's what happened.

Think yourself lucky you have the app, no love for the Android peeps at all :'(

Well I feel your pain, my phone is an S4. Luckily I have an iPad supplied via work, so downloaded iFruit through it.

it is quite corny honestly, I just liked being able to get the license plate. Hoping one day it works. LOL

I highly doubt it is native 1080p on the 360, its probably upscaled...

More than likely that's what it is. :(

Anyone do the Michael vs Aliens yet? lol

So far I think this game is awesome.  I'm just stuck on a couple of things.  One, how do you get health?  I know there are med kits, but outside of that (and switching to another character), how do you get more health?  The other thing is I'm seeing this orange skull icon, but I have no clue what it is for.  I attached a screenshot of it.  Any ideas?

post-178329-0-16771200-1379545925.jpg

So far I think this game is awesome.  I'm just stuck on a couple of things.  One, how do you get health?  I know there are med kits, but outside of that (and switching to another character), how do you get more health?  The other thing is I'm seeing this orange skull icon, but I have no clue what it is for.  I attached a screenshot of it.  Any ideas?

It's a rampage event for Trevor, all orange icons are things for Trevor.

And either the Stamina or Strength skill allows you to take more damage, not sure which one it is.

It's a rampage event for Trevor, all orange icons are things for Trevor.

And either the Stamina or Strength skill allows you to take more damage, not sure which one it is.

Oh.  Cool, thanks.  I'm working on my strength (kind of hard to fight without the cops showing up though).  But what do you do about getting health when you're hurt besides med kits?  I haven't been able to find a restaurant to eat at like in GTA IV, and it doesn't regenerate very fast at all.

Really enjoying the game so far, but I find myself wishing I was able to just kill the family/friends of each character. Haven't done too many missions yet as I'm just enjoying exploring the map

Oh.  Cool, thanks.  I'm working on my strength (kind of hard to fight without the cops showing up though).  But what do you do about getting health when you're hurt besides med kits?  I haven't been able to find a restaurant to eat at like in GTA IV, and it doesn't regenerate very fast at all.

Regeneration is quite quick for me. I think you have to remain in cover though and even then it will only go to 50%. To get 100% you need to pick up a medkit from your home or somewhere in the mission you are on (are usually plenty around). Not seen any food shops at all, which is just fine by me.

Really liking the three character system and the characters are great. As a result, I find myself really wanting to keep them "in character" with regards to cars, guns, activities, etc. Also love how when you load the game or switch to them they are doing something relating to their character (

loaded the game yesterday and Trevor was passed out drunk on some railway tracks with a train coming round the bend

).

Really enjoying the game now just about to do the second heist where you can

get a submarine

. I'm trying to do all all side activities before going back to the main path each time. So everytime a new one unlocks, i'll go do it.

Only thing i wish is that they make them a bit stronger. The amount of times i've died because someone walks behind me and before i can turn round, i'm dead.

I think they nailed the driving (bikes not so much). Alot of people are complaining but it makes the game more fun when you know the car you're in isn't going to handle like a boat and you have to brake for every corner just to get round it. Also when it comes to racing online. It is going to make it more fun because if you crash it isn't the end (like GTAIV). You'll be able to catch up.

I also like how they've made the police easier to lose but made them super aggressive if they catch you. I was loving some of the manoeuvres they tried. They tried hitting the rear side of me to spin me out. When that didn't work they lined up in front and behind me and braked to stop me.

I wish they'd give me a crash course on the stocks, i'm sure buy low, sell high doesn't work all the time :laugh:

Only thing i wish is that they make them a big stronger. The amount of times i've died because someone walks behind me and before i can turn round, i'm dead.

I've read/heard somewhere that you need to do the orange side missions (skull icons on the map) with Trevor to improve the characters somehow. Not sure if that's true, as I have no way to test it.

Regeneration is quite quick for me. I think you have to remain in cover though and even then it will only go to 50%. To get 100% you need to pick up a medkit from your home or somewhere in the mission you are on (are usually plenty around). Not seen any food shops at all, which is just fine by me.

Really liking the three character system and the characters are great. As a result, I find myself really wanting to keep them "in character" with regards to cars, guns, activities, etc.

Interesting.  I was expecting it to go back to 100%, but even when you're off mission it doesn't.  I did find out though that you can buy food at the convenience stores (the same ones you can rob).  You don't get full health from 1 item anymore though.  I had to buy like 3 or 4 things before I went from 50% to 100%, and the prices are wrong too lol.  The items cost $1, $2 and $4 I believe, and every time I bought one, it subtracted $5 from my balance.  I'm going to start marking them with POI markers on the map so I can remember where they are.

I've read/heard somewhere that you need to do the orange side missions (skull icons on the map) with Trevor to improve the characters somehow. Not sure if that's true, as I have no way to test it.

I recently found out that those are just rampage missions for Trevor.  As far as improving strength, the more you fight (melee), the stronger you get.  So just start picking fights with people and you'll get stronger eventually.

Interesting.  I was expecting it to go back to 100%, but even when you're off mission it doesn't.  I did find out though that you can buy food at the convenience stores (the same ones you can rob).  You don't get full health from 1 item anymore though.  I had to buy like 3 or 4 things before I went from 50% to 100%, and the prices are wrong too lol.  The items cost $1, $2 and $4 I believe, and every time I bought one, it subtracted $5 from my balance.  I'm going to start marking them with POI markers on the map so I can remember where they are.

Maybe I'm not far enough along in the story yet (

done the first heist and am getting a sub for the second

), but I didn't know you can rob convenience stores.  :laugh:

Maybe I'm not far enough along in the story yet (

done the first heist and am getting a sub for the second

), but I didn't know you can rob convenience stores.  :laugh:

I'm at the same point as you and i knew from reading online that you could rob stores. Ingame though it hasn't done the tutorial yet. Rockstar love those tutorials.