Unplayable online on PS3 at the moment, My friends xbox copy is working fine but. Who's hosting these servers? Microsoft and Sony or Rockstar. Can't understand why one console works and the other doesn't.

Finally got that damn fighter jet. It takes forever to get the stars to go away. I maxed out the height and somehow. Helicopter was higher and extended the chase.

Once you are airborne stay low to the ground, thats how I escape the missile. And waited out my wanted level :laugh:

This is annoying :angry: , for 2 days on PS3 i can't get pass the stupid race meanwhile the 360 version in front of me plays fine, way to go R*

Waiting for other players..............................................................

Launching session.......................................................................

First time I tried online (after creating my god damn ugly character, couldn't fix that), it freaked out, threw me back to single player and corrupted my auto-save (Y)

Having 2 saves = (Y)

I got on for about 3 hours late last night on PS3, no issues (finally), got to level 8.  What's  NOT going to be fun is trying to play any of this w/o people either playing as a team or doing anything besides races (which are fun, don't get me wrong).  Ended up soloing a few missions because no one else would join, and they weren't that fun because the map is so big and they're somewhat geared for 8+ people to be playing them.

For instance, there's a mission where Simeon asks you to retrieve 2 cars for him.  While chasing one around Los Santos, the second one ended up somewhere near the top of the map.  ###### that.

I got on for about 3 hours late last night on PS3, no issues (finally), got to level 8.  What's  NOT going to be fun is trying to play any of this w/o people either playing as a team or doing anything besides races (which are fun, don't get me wrong).  Ended up soloing a few missions because no one else would join, and they weren't that fun because the map is so big and they're somewhat geared for 8+ people to be playing them.

For instance, there's a mission where Simeon asks you to retrieve 2 cars for him.  While chasing one around Los Santos, the second one ended up somewhere near the top of the map.  **** that.

totally. It's gonna be one to clock up with the pals who actually care about playing the game properly.

First time I tried online (after creating my god damn ugly character, couldn't fix that), it freaked out, threw me back to single player and corrupted my auto-save (Y)

Having 2 saves = (Y)

CAC(Create-a-Character) is horribly thought out. corrupting your data that's not good. I have mine backed up on my thumb drive

totally. It's gonna be one to clock up with the pals who actually care about playing the game properly.

This is true! everyone just wants to do racing even in GTA IV. Most of my friends either don't care for GTA or doesn't own a PS3. So I'm always playing it offline, to the point i start falling asleep. But I'm always open for doing more then just racing for V online. I prefer destruction, robbing and co-op more.

So I wasted like 40 minutes today trying to play online with a friend.

I created the character, waited for a frigging long time to be able to start the race (why the hell does it take so long if you'll be just racing with Lamar), finished the mission about stealing the drugs, bought some clothes, stole a car and got the insurance and stuff, went to a last man standing and... there it got stuck connecting.

There's no way to cancel when it's trying to join any of those events, so I left it there for a long while and finally had no choice but quiting the game. And guess what: my character doesn't exist now, I have to do all that crap again.

My friend was also getting stuck on several different places so basically we were just chatting over hangouts about how much online sucks while waiting for the crap to move forward.

And then a funny thing is that before trying online I had saved with Trevor on a ship, and after loading the savegame for some reason it was Michael who was there in that ship. Weird stuff.

If your character gets deleted, delete the game cache (not sure how to do it on 360, but on PS3 go to "Game Data" and find "GTA V" (not "GTA V Install").  That's the 1.01 patch.  Delete that, fire up your game, reinstall the patch, and your character should be back and be just fine.

Part of the issue with characters disappearing is that now that most of the main network servers are good, the cloud servers that keep track of data and work with Social Club, etc., are now down or not functioning.  If you'll notice, the BAWSAQ is no longer working.

I tried online again last night, the character I created looks entirely normal in game, so it's just the character creator that's "broken" (Every single character I created had dark, sunken eyes, even the one I eventually ended up using, yet it's not like that in game?) Still didn't work, but this time I managed to get to the parking lot at least (And it then sat there for 10 minutes with a full party trying to start the race).

I did the first heist, was pretty good except that I cheaped out on the driver and hacker, not expecting that to have such a difference on the outcome (Why does the quality of the gunner affect his driving skills? etc.), so now I've finally unlocked Trevor, he's fun.

When i get home i am going to delete the cache data and updates from my PS3 for the game and the reinstall it all because i have been having a lot of screen pop errors where textures wont load (invisible buildings and cars) and still cannot get onto the GTA:Online game so hopefully that will resolve the issue.

So far it's working a lot better after the 1.02 patch.

I got my first online character back although I had to start again from the beginning.  A lot faster this time, no more waiting for the race with Lamar and the only online match I tried (last man standing) started also fast and played without incidentes.

There was a small glitch after finishig the race with Lamar where the cinematic suddenly stopped and I found myself in a car driving around, then suddenly out of the car being "teleported" around with lots of texture glitches and finally back to the cinematic. No problems from there on.

I got past the first race, did the drug mission, then it put me in a game with randoms and told me to go buy new clothes. Then the game told me I had been voted to be kicked and it kicked me back to single player. Thought OK. Tried joining on a friend and it tells me I need to complete the tutorial lol, accept, cloud servers unavailable. Damn it.

I got past the first race, did the drug mission, then it put me in a game with randoms and told me to go buy new clothes. Then the game told me I had been voted to be kicked and it kicked me back to single player. Thought OK. Tried joining on a friend and it tells me I need to complete the tutorial lol, accept, cloud servers unavailable. Damn it.

That's actually kind of funny.