Android users: Are you going to use 'Facebook Home'?

78 members have voted

1. 1. Android users: Are you going to use 'Facebook Home'?

• Yes, definitely! I can't wait to facebookify my smartphone.
    • I might have a look at it, but that's as far as it goes.
    • No way.
    • I don't have an Android phone and wish Facebook would release Home for other OSs.
    • I'm going to buy a Facebook Home phone like the HTC First.
    • I don't use Facebook, you insensitive clod.

Not even sure where to find the app, doesn't show up on the app store but then again my one x may not even be supported.

lol... maybe cuz it's not out yet. If it were, this post would be asking if android users ARE USING it, not asking if they're GOING TO USE it.

It supposedly going o be available April 12th.

Definitely not. I don't want Facebook to be my launcher. I just use it as a standalone app, that's all it needs to be.

Not even sure where to find the app, doesn't show up on the app store but then again my one x may not even be supported.

I know the One X+ is supported. I installed it. I thought it was well done but I don't facebook enough to keep it on my phone. Plus, I really like the app for Android and iOS.

Just search the store for "facebook home".

I downloaded it and decided to give it a try...

Well look, if ALL you use your phone for is Facebook, then it's spot on.

But if you plan on doing ANYTHING other than Facebook, then not for you. It's "home screen replacement" doesn't allow widgets, or icon folders. Or show email/msg/call count. It's basically just access to Facebook with everything else being hidden.

I got a text, and it made getting to that text about 3 times as hard.

Well I'm glad I decided to not bother. I'm not big in to Facebook'ing anyways.

I only have around a dozen contacts anyways, and that's too many. I try to keep the count to a minimal.

I was going to try Facebook Home just to see it, but I read you needed the Facebook Messenger app installed also, and wasn't about to install that.

I don't understand what the Facebook Messenger plugin is needed for when ya got the Facebook app already.

When people message me with just the Facebook app installed, I get a notification and I click it, and I instantly chat with the contact.

I don't use Facebook that often on my phone so even if I had an Android device, I wouldn't use Facebook Home.

I think Facebook is trying too hard now. Home is something they shouldn't be investing engineering time in.

I downloaded it and decided to give it a try...

Well look, if ALL you use your phone for is Facebook, then it's spot on.

But if you plan on doing ANYTHING other than Facebook, then not for you. It's "home screen replacement" doesn't allow widgets, or icon folders. Or show email/msg/call count. It's basically just access to Facebook with everything else being hidden.

Sounds like I made a great decision staying far away from it.

While I've disabled Home, with fb messenger installed the chat heads still works for all messaging, very nice. Keeping that.

Absolutely not. The Facebook app works just fine, Trebuchet is a good enough launcher.