No Kissing Here Please

Couples caught kissing on Moscow's underground rail system could be fined under new regulations being considered by city authorities while those going too far could face jail, a newspaper's Web site said on Friday.

The kissing ban could even extend to a husband embracing his wife, Stolichnaya Vechernyaya Gazeta said on its Web site.

The newspaper, quoting unnamed sources, said the city authorities were thinking of introducing the ban to raise levels of public morality.

"From the New Year citizens kissing and embracing publicly will be fined," it said. "Particularly blatant cases could even lead to a spell of temporary detention in jail," it added.

CNN

jeez. my dad just moved to russia and has his own apartment in moscow now (he works there). and he hardly sees my mom anymore. now some retarded politician says they want to raise the level of morality. whee!

maybe we should all hug our gf while hiding in a dark room under a bed wearing 3 friggin coats!#$%&

imo, this law just goes way too far and disturbs one's privacy.

And Miss Afghanistan (of the Miss Earth contest) looks to now be facing charges in her homeland for participating and wearing a bikini.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/990993.asp

So glad with all the corruption, etc., problems occurring in Russia, this is the kind of step they take that they think will improve things. Talk about ignoring the elephants in the room.

It's really pathetic. Of all the things to tackle, let's ban kissing! Let's ban beauty pagents! These people make me sick. Holier-than-thou bunch of jackasses.