Outlook Express 7

Since it is still in beta this breaks no warez rules. Can anyone get all the Outlook Express 7 files and registry keys and zip them up for use on XP, that is if it is a Win32 app and not dependant on WinFX etc.

I like how they combined elements of MSN Explorer's mail browser and Outlook Express, I could never decide between the two.

then i guess im switching to LH!

but on the same note, what about a skin for thunderbird that looks like OE7? I really like Thunderbird but it just doesn't feel right-- this could put it over the edge.

Also, if you haven't gotten Firebird yet yo're missing out

http://www.mozilla.org

People, its alpha, ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA. Drill it in your heads.

Actually, "beta" refers to all pre-release builds. It wasn't until 1998 that the term "alpha" first started to be used and "beta" moved only to usable builds. At this point, alpha was more of a proof-of-concept rather than a whole new version-- and it still is.

Even though MS calls the current release of Longhorn the PDC and not Beta 1 that doesnt mean that its not a beta. And, even though it is in very early stages of development doesnt mean that its an alpha. It is certainly past proof of concept and is now onto user testing and outside development, that is BETA.

I have used Longhorn (something after M5) and have done just that and it works fine. WinFS is currently just a placeholder title. If you check out the info about it around the forums, you'll find Windows File System - based off of SQL search/indexing techniques or something like that - has not been implemented. They are just using NTFS for now until they complete it. I could be wrong about the LATEST version(s), but I know it wasn't implemented up until not too long ago.

WinFS is functional in Longhorn and has been in every build leaked, there's no place holder its a service that runs on top of NTFS. Interestingly though, the name was updated under Services in build 4051 to "Windows File System" from "WinFS"

and its an alpha, no one cares what terminology was used in 1998, we're talking about today, 2003, 5 years later. Things change, get over it. Currently Longhorn is alpha, post-M6 alpha. the end.