It's Happening! Next XBox Reveal on May 21st!

On Tuesday May 21st, we?ll mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment. On that day, we?ll be holding a special press event on the Xbox campus and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox.com, Xbox LIVE and broadcast on Spike TV if you are in the US or Canada.

On that day, we?ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we?ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

We are thrilled to pull back the curtain and reveal what we?ve been working on.

post-420821-0-12293700-1366823378.png

Via Major Nelson

• Like 2

It's about time, I hope they go into at least a little bit of detail about what is in the box like Sony did, I am very interested to see how the boxes compare. E3 this year is going to be so good with both consoles having reveals before E3 means the conferences at E3 can be all about the games.

It's about time, I hope they go into at least a little bit of detail about what is in the box like Sony did, I am very interested to see how the boxes compare. E3 this year is going to be so good with both consoles having reveals before E3 means the conferences at E3 can be all about the games.

I thought sony did not go into much detail - wasn't that the second top most criticism after "where is the box"?

I thought sony did not go into much detail - wasn't that the second top most criticism after "where is the box"?

At first they didn't. but the lead designer for the ps4 just had an interview where he discussed all the technical specs and modifications they made to the chips and such.

As for the Next XBox, should be interesting to see what they put out. PS4 looks like it's going to be a gaming powerhouse wonder if XBox will be one as well, or if it's just going to be a glorified settop box with gaming capabilities.

At first they didn't. but the lead designer for the ps4 just had an interview where he discussed all the technical specs and modifications they made to the chips and such.

As for the Next XBox, should be interesting to see what they put out. PS4 looks like it's going to be a gaming powerhouse wonder if XBox will be one as well, or if it's just going to be a glorified settop box with gaming capabilities.

Yeah I saw that one - I thought he was referring to the info given at the actual event. If they follow what they did with 360, ars technica should have a nice write up around the same time.

I don't know what they were waiting for, but they have a lot to prove in the reveal. Lets hope it's not a let down.

The Set-top box will be sold separately ...

I don't want to turn this into Xbox vs Playstation but I'm on about the guts of the machine not the piece of plastic it is wrapped in.

The Set-top box will be sold separately ...

That's why I was talking about the Xbox, with the whole cable in and out, windows 8, etc.

I don't want to turn this into Xbox vs Playstation but I'm on about the guts of the machine not the piece of plastic it is wrapped in.

Read the follow up posts...don't assume things.

So what are peoples predictions for what they will show? I hope they dont focus too much on entertainment features that those of us outside the US won't get to use anyway.

in an ideal world I would love for rare to be given free reign again with new ips or stuff like conker 2 or Kameo 2. Also remedy to show something.

One things for sure no matter what they show HawkMan will love it. :-P

So what are peoples predictions for what they will show? I hope they dont focus too much on entertainment features that those of us outside the US won't get to use anyway.

in an ideal world I would love for rare to be given free reign again with new ips or stuff like conker 2 or Kameo 2. Also remedy to show something.

One things for sure no matter what they show HawkMan will love it. :-P

The way the post was made it sounds like we won't hear/see their game lineup till E3. The reveal will for sure be about the hardware and what it can do plus any services etc. They could show a few games and then show more at E3 but we'll have to wait and see.

The reason Sony didn't show off the box is because it is rumoured that there is either something integrated into it or there is something about the box Sony weren't ready to show off just yet. It's not like they did it just to annoy people, christ. I'd laugh my arse off if Microsoft didn't show a box yet either.