Wii U Sales Rank Jumps 875% Following Microsoft

LOL at all those people who jumped the gun. We'll see how confident they are after E3, people seem to forget MS are deliberately holding back on the gaming side till E3. I'm expecting big things from MS at E3, hope I'm not disappointed...

I really want to see what kind of games MS will be offering

Hahahahaha. Right. As far as I can tell they nailed it with the X1. But seriously, who was holding off on a Wii U for that?

See, thing is you are kind of biased.. however I agree I don't know who would say "Oh the x1 sucks.. time to buy a WiiU" no.. they will say "Oh the x1 sucks.. let me save for the ps4".

Gaming != Watching sports on TV. Yes Sports are Games.. but trying to combine watching live sports and playing videogames (unless it's the sport game genre) isn't the same as an all out gaming machine which consoles once were.

Microsoft strikes again. :D

You do realize this wold have just as much to do with the dissapointing PS4 reveal. I don't really buy into these numbers or there relation. But if you take this a true sales bump because of the reveal you have to assume these are all consumers who where first disappointed by the PS4 reveal, then waiting for MS and when MS wasn't any better they went and bought a Wii U.

Now there are several reasons why this doesn't make sense to have any relation to the other next gen reveals. If it was core gamers, the Wii U is still a fraction of the power of the next gen devices. If it was gamers, the Wii U still don't have any games? If it was casual gamers, the kinect 2 outperforms the Wii!ote anyway, especially as its mostly deprecated anyway now. If it was because it was a On my way! Entertainment box and not pure gaming, errr TVii, except MS solution actually works, for everyone even in countries without full support. Unlike TVii that fully useless everywhere but the US, even their universal remote function is crap.

So, no, I don't think this sales bump bears any realistic relation to the One reveal.

Lot of people just want a game console. Putting everything in to one, something is going to suffer. Wouldnt be surprised to see the PS4 become top dog. Of course, my opinion on something that hasnt been released yet.

That doesn't make any sense in this regard. Does your gaming rig pay games any worse because if can also use Netflix ? Does Netflix play any worse on that than on your regular non gaming laptop. Where not talking 16 bit machines with limited scope and resources here anymore.

Same thing happened with Windows 8. Some people just don't want to listen.

What are you trying to prove with that statement ? That the Xbox One will do awesome, and sell at least as well as the 360. Since 8 with 100million is selling as much as 7 was in the same timeframe and I sell windows 8 laptops to happy customers all the time, I just don't present it to them as I'm sorry but this laptop comes with MS horrible new OS" instead I neutrally present it to them and demonstrate the changes. Outside of whiners on tech forums and whiny tech journalists, Win8 isn't really hated.

the playstation fans are hilarious. weren't they the ones telling us how great the ps3 was because it had a bluray and was an awesome media player. oh please,give it up. I've never heard someone being outraged that a product includes many awesome features that you can not use if you don't want it. this is just clutching at straws. Microsoft already has more than half of xbox360 users paying for xbox live. more than half bought a Kinect. all these things are irrelevant all of a sudden? yeah right. the xbox360 already includes a lot of media functionality,apps, paid subscriptions,kinect and its royally kicking the ps3s ass, especially in software sales. the wii u failed,and there is such a huge base waiting for something to jump on,and this generation its going to be so one sided.

WAR MICROSOFT

The funny thing is, the moment i saw it and the specs i was like "this will be a huge failure" yet everyone on neowin disagreed with me. The Xbox 360 is gorgeous and the One looks like another stillborn metro conception. Why does everything have to be a boring square shaped thing microsoft ?!?!?! If consumers didnt care about looks then why is Apple giving you the flogging of your life?

I guess you're going to hate the PS4 as well then?

I've pre-ordered an Xbox One. I think the Kinect alone will drive interesting game development. I loled at the original device because it's lack of accuracy only really makes it fun for silly party games but always thought a follow up offers interesting paths for game developers to take. So that's my bet on the next gen.

I've always bought Sony in the past... Nothing would ever make me get a Wii U though, lol :) I'm sure both consoles will sell well like the current gen so I don't think they'll be any losers with choices people make.

I've pre-ordered an Xbox One. I think the Kinect alone will drive interesting game development. I loled at the original device because it's lack of accuracy only really makes it fun for silly party games but always thought a follow up offers interesting paths for game developers to take. So that's my bet on the next gen.

I've always bought Sony in the past... Nothing would ever make me get a Wii U though, lol :) I'm sure both consoles will sell well like the current gen so I don't think they'll be any losers with choices people make.

Do you always buy this blindly?

Yyou could of waited till E3 to find out out what you were getting beforehand.

This has nothing to do with Microsoft. It has to do with the pushing of the Wii U in the UK (70GBP Price cut that happened in May).

Besides use your head, the people that would be disappointed would be buying the PS4 instead.

Fully agree!

It is great news either way the Wii-U saw a jump in sales. Hopefully, there will be room for all three systems to succeed.

Do you always buy this blindly?

Yyou could of waited till E3 to find out out what you were getting beforehand.

The same thing goes for you too. You, audio and legendofmart keeps posting a whole bunch of negatives about microsofts upcoming console.

You like the playstation right so why is it that you guys can't even find something positive to post about ur playstation console? Isn't there any? Isn't there any? Or maybe it's because you guys are just trying to FUDup the One as much as possible?